[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I mainly grew up with Euro-French comics like Boule & Bill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: melusine 11.jpg (67 KB, 433x592) Image search: [Google]
melusine 11.jpg
67 KB, 433x592
I mainly grew up with Euro-French comics like Boule & Bill and Little Spirou, Melusine, while I never really got to read American comics since they weren't available at my city's library. So my question is: In general, are American comics better than Euro comics? or Are Euro comics better than American comics?
>>
File: 1453948010477.jpg (163 KB, 896x838) Image search: [Google]
1453948010477.jpg
163 KB, 896x838
>>81895179
>are American comics better than Euro comics?
>>
nice generalization
some comics are better than others, no matter where they come from
>>
>>81895179
>In general
>>81895282
>nice generalization
>>
>>81895282
let me ask another question: "What makes a comic good or bad?"
>>
>>81895317
generalizations are mysoginistic, senpai.
>>
File: Le_Petit_Spirou_11_1024x768.jpg (141 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Le_Petit_Spirou_11_1024x768.jpg
141 KB, 1024x768
I grew up with this
>>
in general american comics are better, mainly because they aren't released in once a year 50 page increments
>>
>>81895431
does the dialogue connect with you and stir emotions within you? are the pictures pretty, do they contribute and enhance the story?
it's good
is the dialogue unnatural, cheesy or just off putting in any way? Is the art ugly and confusing?
then it's not good
of course this all very subjective and completely independent on the creators country of origin
>>
Do you want to have a coherent story with generally superior art that is released once a year or do you want to have something small to read each month despite the shit art and story that is generally weaker ?
There are always exceptions but larger format and slower release schedule allows for more detailed art and better story.
>>
>>81895431
wait, did you unironically post this and believe you were making a smart point? The euro comic scene is actually raelly competitive and lazy art shit that flies in capeshit doesn't fly when you sell albums for 15 euros. Stories too have to be writen well because there's something the USA haven't seen in decades : choice. so if you serve people shit, you can go fuck yourself, there's 10 better products available even by the same brand.
>>
>>81895248
>mra racism

wut? [insert witty anti-feminist quip here]
>>
>>81895799
mon nègre.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.