[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gotham Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 23
A...are they not going to get back together? Will Penguin save Eddie Spaghetti?

I mean he's going to Arkham, right? Not Blackgate?
>>
File: Penguin & Ed.webm (3 MB, 720x390) Image search: [Google]
Penguin & Ed.webm
3 MB, 720x390
>>81893799
I hope so anon, I really do.
>>
>Implying anyone stays in Arkham
>>
File: Gotham Kino.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Gotham Kino.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>81893799
It hurts to know people can't enjoy Gotham ,its so under appreciated.

absolute Kino television.
>>
>>81896067
Aw look at those friends. ;_;
>>
>>81896067
Home alone 6 looks great
>>
>>81896067
He just threw Penguin out. That was so sad :< Do you think he'll hold a grudge? I mean he let Jim off all those times.

Speaking of, why was Jim such a dick to Oswald all the time?

>>81896288
I know you're memeing but you're right. Most people can't get over it not being about Batman and how good it is.
>>
>>81896067
I loved the switch in dynamics there.
>>
File: bat chin.gif (408 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
bat chin.gif
408 KB, 500x345
>>81896504
I'm honestly not memeing, I adore Gotham it chooses to be campy in a time when television says "YOU HAVE TO BE CYNICAL AND GRIMDARK" about everything.

its the perfect mix of camp and seriousness.

if you treat it like an elseworld story its perfect.
Its its own thing just let it do its thing, don't worry about canon.
>>
>>81896504
>Speaking of, why was Jim such a dick to Oswald all the time?

Penguin is a mass murderer...
>>
>>81896688
Oh, I thought you were memeing. A lot of people really fucking hate Gotham because, like you said, it's not "grimdark" enough.

Which is weird, because it's dark as fuck, but just in too much of a cartoony way for people to take seriously.

I mean compare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr5XXtShW2Q
to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX9soLuVVhE

One of them's just proselytizing, while one of them is... entertaining.
>>
>>81896806
But he wasn't back when he started being a dick to him
>>
>>81896876
Oh man I completely forgot about that penguin scene, Its coming back to me now the day I watched that episode I lost it so hard at ' I was down to one shell"

As for Daredevil I think its very well made at times but that rooftop scene is extremely overrated I felt the dialog was terrible.
>>
>>81896688
>>81896688

Gotham really is the most consistently quality comic-based TV show on right now. It takes the source material seriously and has writing and actors strong enough to properly execute that material in live-action. The cinematography, plotting, direction, script, all of it just clicks together very smoothly and hits all the right points.

First season was rough, but this second season has quickly become the highlight of my week.
>>
File: Bat thumb.jpg (20 KB, 552x376) Image search: [Google]
Bat thumb.jpg
20 KB, 552x376
>>81897328
I cannot agree with you more, I recently dropped Arrow, I couldn't take it anymore the show went from being acceptable to flat out disgusting with its Tumblr shipping.

but its the little details in Gotham that make it that much better, you look at hte police department in Arrow and its this shitty little box of a room that you can tell CW got for cheap film shoots.

you look at Gotham's GCPD its such an amazing set, I'd call it film worthy.
>>
>>81896914
Cops are usually dicks to career criminals. Actually, cops are usually dicks.
>>
>>81896688
>Its its own thing just let it do its thing, don't worry about canon.

watching how they twist and use Batman lore for their own story reasons is one of the best parts of Gotham.

The biggest example might be how The Joker is like a mental illness that affects more than one person. The most Joker like character we got was Jerome, but he ended up dead. It completely messed with my expectations. Also I love how Jim's wife is bat shit insane and is essentially proto Harley Quinn, down to the colours and hammer wielding.

It's also really interesting to see how Gotham and all the people in it will eventually shape Batman. Jim taking down muggers, masked mad men, etc. I wish more people were into things like this. I loved the DC animated universe Gods and Monsters for similar reasons.

There's just so many lovable characters. The Riddler, Penguin, Bullock and Hugo Strange are so entertaining. I wish the Gotham guys were in charge of a Batman series after this or something.
>>
>>81897438

The CW verse like to namedrop a lot of shit, but when it comes to implementation, it tends to incorporate those elements in kind of a boring way, or just show it once then drop it and never refer to it again. Instead of making the universe seem bigger, it seems shallower, as the emphasis hasn't moved all that far away from the main groups of characters and their actions.

Supergirl does a better job of world-building I think, but it's still primarily a rom-com at its heart.

Gotham throws a LOT of elements from the Batman and Gotham mythos into the show, but it does so in a way that organically grows out of the events of the show and contributes to how the characters and setting change over time.
>>
>>81897581

What I like the most about Gotham is how every single character is insane in some way, and it's the influence of the city itself that makes them that way.
>>
>>81897328
I loved the first season, but I see why people have problems with it.

The thing that always gets me about Gotham is how much care they put into everything. CW shows just shoot wherever they can, but Gotham has all these carefully-constructed sets and shots that aren't "realistic," but are trying to be a sort of fantasy version of the real world. Some of my favorites are the huge vaulted ceilings of the police station, Eddie's apartment, that one super cramped house/apartment that gets used in the Viper episode and as Fries's house, and there's one set they've used that has this huge Burtonesque spiral staircase. Plus I've noticed that they almost never shoot on the streets of Gotham if they're not near an underpass, so the whole city seems really tall and claustrophobic.

Gotham is a labor of love that's got a very arthouse vibe to it, which is really shocking coming from a big network show.

On the other hand, you've got Daredevil,which looks a lot like Nolan's camerawork. It isn't bad, I guess, but isn't very visually appealing to me. It just looks sort of like a CW set with more dirt and a filter on it. There's just no sense of aesthetic or design, since they're trying to capture the "real world."
>>
>>81897778
This is true.

>>81897581
I've always actually thought it was incredibly refreshing that they'll twist the edges of Batman lore, but they very, very rarely break it, or at least don't allow themselves an out.

Case in point: Penguin's mom being a poor immigrant. In the comics Penguin is from one of Gotham's wealthiest families, which for a while couldn't be reconciled with what he have now. However, recently we established that his DAD was from the wealthy family, which still keeps the origin from the comics, but also allows for interesting stories. Plus it explains why he's so power-hungry- rather than just being a rich kid, he's a kid who was always on the bottom and had to scrape his way up.

I'll never get why Gotham of all shows is the one that gets picked on as "always being shit" while people defend Arrow. I like Flash, but Gotham is the clear winner for best DC show.
>>
File: CWvFOX.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
CWvFOX.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>81897778
>>81898062
>>81897438
Made this webm just now as an example of CW sets vs FOX.

Gotham just has so much character to it, and the actors aren't afraid to walk around the set and say their lines.

because its a living breathing set.
>>
>>81898448
Also those tight close ups on the actors in the CW shows because they cant show how little there is going on in the set.
>>
>>81898278
>I'll never get why Gotham of all shows is the one that gets picked on as "always being shit" while people defend Arrow. I like Flash, but Gotham is the clear winner for best DC show.

Maybe the first season turned a lot of people off. It had a lot of issues. The most memorable for me was the whole arc where Fish, a character I didn't really like, was on Doll Maker's island completely removed from the rest of Gotham in a storyline that didn't seem to have any purpose.

The second season is so entertaining though. It seemed to hit its stride. The pacing even caught me off guard in a good way too. They advertised Freeze before the mid season break, but he wasn't a main villain or anything. Jim was arrested and we didn't have much of a trail. Bruce went to live with Cat for awhile in the streets but that only lasted an episode, which is kind of sad I wanted to see more of them but now we're on to another part of his development.
>>
>>81898448
CW, to me, looks more like it's just shot in an actual policestation.

That's not a good thing, because real places are boring. Like, a real office isn't designed for dynamic lighting or interesting shots- it's designed to be lived in. Whereas Gotham is a sort of idealized fantasy of a police station.

Take Arkham in the comics, for example. No real mental institution is an ancient castle maze; that's dangerous as shit. But Arkham isn't a real mental institution, and it shouldn't be one. Instead, it's some nightmare place that things go and get lost in.

Arkham in Gotham gets that. It's a bunch of narrow corridors, shot at angles, with a corner every couple of feet that something could be hiding behind and dark secret basements where things ARE hiding.

There's a mental institution in Arrow, too. It's a big hallway with a bunch of padded cells, where we see some cameos.

CW shows show you characters you want to see, but Gotham shows you a whole world.
>>
>>81898657
Gotham was originally sold as, and most people expected it to be, a crime drama set in Gotham, with a different case each week. That's mostly what the first half of the first season is. After episode 15 it changes completely and focuses on the big picture, and the pace never lets up.

Other than Penguin, I've always thought the first episode of Gotham was cluttered, since it has so much to do, but it doesn't really give an impression of the series as a whole. If you don't watch the rest of the series it seems like it's just namedropping characters, and some people think that's what the whole series will be.

>Fish's Adventures on Dollmaker Island
Easily the worst part of the show. Some people have thrown around a theory that since Fish was played by Will Smith's wife, and he's known to have a ton of pull around Hollywood, that she was forced into those episodes for contractual reasons since she didn't have anything else to do during those episodes. They killed her off after one season, too, unlike Falcone who hung around, so there's got to be a little something going on there.

But that's not likely to drive people away, since it happens so late in the season.
>>
File: bat sad.gif (916 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
bat sad.gif
916 KB, 400x300
>>81898997
Yeah I just love how otherworldly Gotham is, its twisted fantasy as you say.

to me its like the comics come to life and for that alone the show is one of my all time favorites I look forward to it every week.

that being said I really hope the show continues on this amazing streak, and ends really well.

how many seasons do you guys think it should have? I think we could get a solid 5-7 seasons of quality. I dont want it to end guys :'(

its just so much fun
>>
>>81899293
>how many seasons do you guys think it should have? I think we could get a solid 5-7 seasons of quality

Last week we hit a lowpoint for the series in ratings, but Lucifer did too (and some other shows on other networks I think,) so it might have just been because Baseball or Basketball was playing on another network.

Now, after a certain point you get at least 5 seasons, since you need a certain amount of episodes for syndication. Gotham is already renewed for season 3, so if season 3 goes well we'll almost certainly get two more.

The only problem is that it's an expensive show, and it's really weird for some people's tastes. Networks don't really terminate shows abruptly anymore, though, so we're not likely to have a Firefly situation.
>>
>>81899500
I thought Gotham took a break for a week to avoid their ratings dropping due to basketball. If it was on this week too then the fact they anticipate it by not airing the previous week could mean you're right. Or maybe because they took a break the ratings weren't as good.

>>81899293
I want it to end on a high note so it doesn't go to shit or get stuck up its own ass, but I don't really want it to end. There's so much lore they could explore I'll probably be sad no matter what.
>>
>>81896876
>proselytizing
jesus, I had to google that one

use words we understand, faggot

oh, and gotham is shit
>>
>>81899839
I meant this week.

http://tvline.com/2016/04/12/gotham-season-2-ratings-lows/

>Fox’s already-renewed Gotham this Monday night drew 3.7 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating (per finals), ticking down to series lows (with albeit a very eventful episode). Recently renewed Lucifer (3.4 mil/1.1) in turn hit season lows.

I'm not seeing what else could have gone up against it though, and it looks like most shows did pretty bad that night other than Reality shows.
>>
File: sanford_big_dummy_navy_shirt.jpg (67 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
sanford_big_dummy_navy_shirt.jpg
67 KB, 375x375
>>81899960
>>
>>81897328

how is having a lunatic psychobath brat laughing manically into cameras, leading into the creation of the "fake" Joker (at some point) consistent with the source material?

How is the Penguin, a large american-accent using psychopath consistent with the source material?

How is it consistent, that Harvey Dent is like 15 years older than Bruce, but in the comics hes of similar age

Like the show what you want, but don't call it consistent
>>
File: 1444739994358.jpg (119 KB, 800x713) Image search: [Google]
1444739994358.jpg
119 KB, 800x713
>>81899960
>>81899960
>Out's himself as a fool without a vocabulary
>still acts like a smug bitch

He's right though Gotham doesn't try to be anything it isn't.

its not pretentious its just goofy fun. What went wrong in your upbringing to not enjoy fun anon?
>>
>>81900113
He's saying the shows quality is consistent
>>
>>81900121

Is this really a word that is often used in the english vovabulary? I mean, I was assuming that most people would be understanding it here, so I was half way joking, but I never heard nor saw this one ever.
>>
>>81900176

yeah but he also said they are taking the source material seriously. Do I really have to proselytize here?
>>
>>81900329
Pretty normal word if you have to deal with obnoxious overly religious people more than once a week at some point in your life. If you haven't had reason to know this word to describe their actions, lucky you.
>>
>>81900390
Just because they are taking a different spin on things and aging things characters differently doesn't mean its not taking the source material any less serious than if it was shot for shot faithful to everything that's canon.

Its doing more seriously good stuff with the source material than any other comic book show on TV.

Its fine if you don't enjoy it but to say its not taking the source material seriously is a joke.

Its just a else-world spin off issue of a comic but in TV form.
>>
>>81900501

You can't defend their decision, that the Joker will be the legacy of that kid.

I hate/love it, because it's the Batman universe and it is a guilty pleasure to watch it. But someday, we will hopefully get a comic-faithful Arkham series-like Batman TV show
>>
>>81900113
>Like the show what you want, but don't call it consistent
You should really learn what words meanbefore you start shitposting, because what you're talking about isn't even close to what he said, but I'll humor you this time.

>How is the Penguin, a large american-accent using psychopath consistent with the source material?
>he thinks the penguin is british

Arkham City fag spotted

>>81900113
>how is having a lunatic psychobath brat laughing manically into cameras, leading into the creation of the "fake" Joker (at some point) consistent with the source material?

Because it shows that they understand the character. That wasn't the Joker. It was never supposed to be the Joker. In fact, besides Jerome, the first season has two other people who the show presents to you as possible Jokers. Season 2 increases that.

They know people are looking for Joker, but giving the Joker a backstory and identity completely goes against the character. Instead they play with the idea of the Joker- Joker doesn't exist while Batman doesn't exist. Instead what we've got is the Joker as a meme. He's an idea, same as he was in Batman Beyond.

When the Joker shows up- and it'll be after the show ends, since they've already said the show ends with Bruce donning the suit- Joker will just step into the role that already exists for him.

>Harvey
When Bruce is 25, characters like Penguin, Eddy, and Harvey will be in their mid thirties to early forties. They'll be experienced and established, while Bruce will be just starting out. Batman, in his early days, isn't an established part of the city's landscape- he's a spoiler.

The problem you're running into is that most comic adaptations, these characters don't exist at all before we first see Batman, because outside the fiction the characters DON'T exist until Batman exists. There's never been a piece of media that needed to deal with these characters developing when they're isolated from Batman. This is a reality of the narrative.
>>
>>81900390
>>81900329
>>81899960
>baby learned a new word

It's an incredibly common word, actually.

>>81900638
>comic-faithful Arkham series-like Batman TV show
>being a gamesfag

christ alive
>>
>>81900841

Give me a break, english is not my mother tongue

>>81900743

Well, you have some solid points there. My personal opinion though is that the red herring (Jerome) was a bad idea. And didn't the show runner say that they are going to cast the Joker? So he may not assume his role as the Clown Prince, neither will Nigma become the Riddler nor Harvey become Two-Face, but it will be hard to cast someone, without giving him a back story (just by doing so).
>>
>>81901117
They also had Jerome's actor dress up as the Joker and run into a comic convention panel This panel happened the day before they aired the episode where they killed him off and surprised everyone who thought he was the Joker.

They played everyone like a fiddle. It will almost certainly happen again.
>>
>>81893799
Fuck you. Spoilers exist on this board for a reason
>>
>>81899293
I'd like them to keep making it as long as they can keep it good, enough time that you can look back and say they had a good run and didn't overstay their welcome. Personally, I would like the very last scene of the series finale to be the first and only shot of Batman.
>>
>>81901675
I think they confirmed that's what it is? I might be mistaken though.
>>
>>81901675
I'd love the show to go just long enough for the actor playing Bruce to be old enough to fit into the Batsuit it would be a great final shot, and imagine all the great seasons that would be behind it all. once this shows over I will never forget it.
>>
>>81900638
Jerome,Theo and Fish are at indian hill and will be revived by the end of season 2

even if Jerome never came back its still a neat spin on Joker, much better than actually showing kid Joker if you ask me. he should always be unknown.
>>
>>81896095
>freeze would probably have tried repented after trying to kill himself, now he is a full blown supervillian
>penguin went start of mid season, out like 4 episodes later
>barbara is put back there after she falls and ends up in a coma, literally let out because she wakes up and says she is sane

Strange gives a fuck, but he only cares about messing with the people of Gotham. Arkham is just a control group.
>>
File: tunnel.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tunnel.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Gonna post some Gotham webm's for the hell of it.
>>
File: zatanna rabbit cute.jpg (282 KB, 1024x1291) Image search: [Google]
zatanna rabbit cute.jpg
282 KB, 1024x1291
Rate my hot opinions /co/

>first episode had some of the worst character setting ive ever seen with that overdramatic scene of cool smooth jim gordon going against the grain unlike all the other BAD cops
>show picks up and does a great job at doing its own thing, GREAT cinematography and lighting
>somehow manages to make bruce and muh promise one of the most boring parts of the show.
>cat is QT QT
>oswald easily has the best scenes of the show

Now i just started the first episode of season and its the worst episode ive seen. It feels like theyre twisting and bending themselves to lay the EXACT foundation they want for this season.

>bullick and jim are off the case because... and then... so...
>le working outside the force! Out of nowhere
>the crazy ex gf is now plot powered as fuck and perfectly capable and competently handling things at arkham despite being a sexy silver spoon surrounded by insane criminals
>we're STILL doing this whole "im going to ask penguin for help but hmmm muh moral quandries..
>penguin STILL holding up their obviously one sided friendship

Maybe im being autistic though.

And where the fuck was victor during the season 1 finale? Love that operator unhinged fuck but seriously falcone didnt have even ONE sorry fuck on payroll to protect him?
>>
>>81902413

That's pretty much what he says when he lets Barbara go, he just is curious as to what she'll do.
>>
File: selina.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
selina.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>81902841
>cat is QT QT
Veri

Season 1 is a mess but I still love it.

If you like the show at all you will really enjoy season 2.
>>
>>81903173

>do you want to kiss me?
Those curls and those perfect eyes make me melt fampai.

Thanks. This show has had its dips but it's been overall enjoyable so I'll give it a few more episodes.
>>
File: silver wave.webm (670 KB, 414x328) Image search: [Google]
silver wave.webm
670 KB, 414x328
>>81903173
>>
>>81902841
First episode is the worst of the series, but that's only because there's a lot they're building up on. I think they got too ambitious with it though.

>bullick and jim are off the case because... and then... so...
>le working outside the force! Out of nowhere
This happens a lot, and most of it is for one reason- Gotham PD doesn't WANT cases solved.

>the crazy ex gf is now plot powered as fuck and perfectly capable and competently handling things at arkham despite being a sexy silver spoon surrounded by insane criminals
Outside the show, this happened because everyone was complaining that she was the absolute worst part of the show. She totally was. In universe, she has a mental breakdown and is then kidnapped by a killer and pushed over the edge.

There's an episode earlier in the series where she's living with Kat, and she tries to teach her to use her sexuality as a weapon. Before she went crazy Babs was already kind of confident and knew ways to get what she wanted, but she was reserved and overmedicated due to all her issues. Losing her mind just removed her inhibitions.

>penguin STILL holding up their obviously one sided friendship
Penguin has literally never had a friend before, and he owes Jim his life. He's trying really hard to please him.

>we're STILL doing this whole "im going to ask penguin for help but hmmm muh moral quandries.
This feeds into the other question: Gotham is a city that's run through and through by organized crime, and you can't work against it. That's one thing Falcone tries to tell Jim. Penguin keeps coming back to Jim because Jim keeps coming back to Penguin.
>>
>>81902679
>>81903173
>>81903298

Do you have Tigress's High Heel murder? I want it for when people try to say Gotham is bad in other threads.
>>
>>81903428
I'll make it for you, which episode was it again?
>>
>>81903553
I think it's S2E7

If you want, you could also grab The March of the Penguins from that episode too
>>
File: now thats a heel turn.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
now thats a heel turn.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>81903665
I'll make the penguin march now.
>>
File: March of the Penguins.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
March of the Penguins.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>81903665
>>81903824
>>
>>81903824
>>81903993
Awwww yeah

you rock
>>
>>81899500
Lucifer is my favorite /co/ related show honestly
I find the dude so fucking charming
>>
>>81904470
wew lad
>>
File: No fun.png (231 KB, 694x642) Image search: [Google]
No fun.png
231 KB, 694x642
>>81896688
Agreed. As an elseworlds tale it's great. The mindset of those who refuse to see it as such is literally beyond me. I mean you don't have to like the fucking show, but to not recognise that half of the enjoyment of the show to those who are comic savvy is that it is an elseworlds tale? Major denial going on there.

Plus the criticism that "all the villains will be too old" is bullshit. For starters, After the 10 or so years it takes for Bruce to be old enough to be Batman (I'm fairly certain he's supposed to be around 15 or so) most of his villains will be about 40ish. Hardly geriatric. Besides which, they have yet to show a single villain with whom the threat to Batman is the physical challenge. Since when could Riddler or Penguin kick Batmans arse one on one?

But still:
>Not muh batman show
right?
>>
File: food fight.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
food fight.webm
3 MB, 720x404
fuck I forgot how many comfy moments were in season 1.
>>
File: A clockwork meme.jpg (52 KB, 404x404) Image search: [Google]
A clockwork meme.jpg
52 KB, 404x404
>>81898278
The pilot is pretty shit, as are the first 5 or 6 episodes. Sure they get progressively better, but none of them are truly great, Penguin aside.

I recently got my girlfriend into Gotham and she fucking hated it at first, but as of now she is fully caught up and absolutely adores it. But she is only fully caught up because just shy of "A Clockwork Orange-ing" her I forced her to watch it.

There are plenty of people on /co/ who didn't stick with it. And knowing what they know you can't blame them, but knowing what we know, they are missing out.
>>
>>81905389
Balloonman is pretty fucking good too
>>
File: bat selfie.jpg (939 KB, 960x1458) Image search: [Google]
bat selfie.jpg
939 KB, 960x1458
>>81905489
I fucking loved Balloonman. That was the moment I knew I'd stick with the series, if only for it giving us moments like that. I believe the next episode had the boneitis venom stuff which reaffirmed my assumption that Gotham was going to go full on camp whilst being dark and gritty.

With Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, Joel Schumacher was trying to do the camp 60's stuff in the moody gothic tone Burton had set up. Gotham succeeds where he failed.
>>
>>81905666
>boneitis venom stuff
When that guy was just running down the street with the ATM, and then the next commercial is PARTY HARD, that was perfect.
>>
>>81905666
Satan speaks the truth. Balloonman is when the series goes off the rails into crazytown. Before that it was just okay, and had fun parts. Penguin carried it, because when he's on the lam it's a blast.

After that, though? The show rules.

>>81905389
It's funny, because when you tell people to watch 5-10 episodes of Gotham to give it a chance, they get really defensive and say they shouldn't HAVE to watch a show longer than one episode for it to get good. But people generally agree that The Wire doesn't start getting good for from within ten episodes to two SEASONS. Gotham's one of those shows that has a lot of dominoes to stack up before it can start tipping them over.

>>81905090
I sort of miss the domestic parts of Bruce and Selina hanging out, or Penguin running a nightclub. I loved how Bruce and Selina were basically a married couple for a couple episodes though. It was precious.

>>81905072
The thing is, it's not even that much of a stretch as an Elseworlds. Very, very little is different from the source material; the changes are so minor that they would be chalked up to different writers doing things differently in the comics. Most of the best Batman stories aren't tied to Detective Comics anyway; they're self-contained like the stuff from Legends of the Dark Knight or something.

People having a problem with Gotham because "not muh Batman" probably don't like Batman in the first place
>>
File: bat jump.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bat jump.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
Young Bruce is a fast learner..
>>
>>81896288

Why does he wear the mask?
>>
File: Bane eyes.png (224 KB, 292x379) Image search: [Google]
Bane eyes.png
224 KB, 292x379
>>81907075
4U
>>
>>81906967
If they plan to keep him, how will they properly train Bruce's actor?

Granted, IIRC he's getting to be as tall as McKenzie.
>>
File: ben-affleck-ripped-diet-plan.jpg (62 KB, 500x713) Image search: [Google]
ben-affleck-ripped-diet-plan.jpg
62 KB, 500x713
>>81909023
Once he's the right age they should give him the DC treatment

whatever it takes to get him huge, even if he did that crossfit meme.
>>
File: 1423035077211.jpg (16 KB, 219x243) Image search: [Google]
1423035077211.jpg
16 KB, 219x243
>>81909023
>>81909502
To be fair, he only needs to be relatively hench. Like enough so he doesn't look like a complete twig out of the costume, the rest can be done by the suit. Though I hope the kid winds up fucking shredded.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.