[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people think this show is good? Marvel's Netflix
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 21
File: Daredevil.jpg (190 KB, 600x276) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil.jpg
190 KB, 600x276
Why do people think this show is good? Marvel's Netflix division is really obsessed with The Wire and seems to hate the entire idea of superheroes. It's like a cargo cult version of an HBO show with Superhero names slapped on as an afterthought. It's dreary and boring, and I highly doubt anyone would give it a second thought if it didn't have the name slapped on it.
>>
>>81893270
>Why do people think this show is good?

hallway_fight_season_one.webm
hallway_fight_season_two.webm
>>
File: 1459096563283.jpg (34 KB, 550x403) Image search: [Google]
1459096563283.jpg
34 KB, 550x403
>My autism requires a whole thread to air out my anonymous unfounded contrarian opinion
>>
File: Damage Control.jpg (106 KB, 700x457) Image search: [Google]
Damage Control.jpg
106 KB, 700x457
>>81893270
>>
>>81893270
Because it's marvel?

They have done a great job making money with mediocre shit. The brand itself can't fail at the moment.
>>
File: 1370392897801.jpg (37 KB, 479x349) Image search: [Google]
1370392897801.jpg
37 KB, 479x349
>>81893270
>>
>>81893270
Because it's good, the only people working on movies and tv shows that hate superheroes is Snyder.
>>
>>81893400
How is this damage control, exactly? I'm asking a question.

The show is thoroughly unremarkable and sort of crap. Is it one of those "collective viewing experience" things that makes people love Breaking Bad and Walking Dead so much?
>>
>>81893500
Nah, Snyder likes it when they punch things and wants to seem smart in front of other people. If you want to see true contempt for source material, watch Arrow S3/4.
>>
>Marvel's Netflix division is really obsessed with The Wire and seems to hate the entire idea of superheroes.

I don't ever throw out terms like DCuck. In fact, I never have because it doesn't sound clever when you say it out loud. But you're one of them. Just because DC is serious business, doesn't mean that's why it's bad. Netflix managed to make a cohesive series that was fun but serious because the story and the characters required it.
>>
>>81893270
I dunno what you're talking about OP, but I loved it. The atmosphere, the writing, the fights, the acting and the sets were all great.
All of which is wrapped up in a delicious tortilla of Daredevil.
>>
Because DD is good?

Also, explain why you think they hate the idea of superheroes.
>>
File: 1435756603637.png (129 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
1435756603637.png
129 KB, 235x235
>hate the entire idea of superheroes
>saying this about a street level hero
>one who ends season 2 fighting NINJAS
>>
>>81893623
>inb4 the black costume
>>
File: jessica-jones-netflix-poster.jpg (940 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
jessica-jones-netflix-poster.jpg
940 KB, 2000x1000
>>
I personally didn't like it much. Karen is an annoying idiot, most of the conflict in season 2 is based on people not talking about things that they have no reason not to talk about, the Blacksmith reveal was really fucking dumb, and Matt's faux-philosophical ramblings about morality and "his city" got more annoying as the show progressed.

Also, whoever designed the costume literally gave him a down syndrome mask.
>>
>>81893658
I dunno why /co/ has such a hateboner for this show. It's not the best thing ever, but it was okay .
>>
>>81893270
You are entitled to your opinion, but let's face it, if you don't see the appeal, you're just dumb.
>>
>>81893733
It's cause the main character is a girl so mary sue or "she acted dumb" statements are twice as potent.
>>
>>81893733
You can't have a serious conversation about it on 4chan without people linking you to blacked dot com. It's pretty good. A little too depressing but I enjoyed it.
>>
>>81893397
Why is Paul Rudd so great?
>>
File: vaderbait.png (1 MB, 937x1585) Image search: [Google]
vaderbait.png
1 MB, 937x1585
>>
>>81893500
The Jessica Jones series took every chance it could to shit on its source material. It was quite obnoxious honestly.
>>
>>81893733
As someone who liked Daredevil, JJ was promising, but run out of ideas soon. Everything that happens past episode 6 is a rehash of the first episodes.

It's actually the showrunner's fault, she clearly doesn't have an eye for action, and she lacks creativity as evidenced by Dexter.
>>
>>81893733
>I dunno why /co/ has such a hateboner for this show
console wars
>>
>>81893861
>took every chance
>one comment about her costume
>while introducing Nuke who still took drugs colored red, white, and blue
>>
>>81893515
There is no collective viewing because it's released on Netflix and all episodes are dumped at once there. So folks watch at their leisure and they can't really view it alongside others
>>
>>81893861

Alias wasn't even fucking that great. You faggots need to knock it off with MUH SOURCE MATERIAL, especially when it was written by a no talent hack
>>
>>81893733
The fights. Seriously the worse choreography I have seen in any show. Could not finish the first season cause it was so bad.
>>
>>81893688
Yeah, I felt kind of the same way.

>Matt's faux-philosophical ramblings about morality and "his city" got more annoying as the show progressed

Jesus christ, this. If felt so forced and childish, and clashed with the whole aesthetic they were trying to build.

Like, there are all these things the show is trying to pull from other shows and wrap itself up in, but it all comes across as really forced and unnatural, like a kid wearing their dad's clothes. They want to be taken seriously so bad. It's not so bad it's embarassing, but it's just bland.
>>
There isn't a single scene in BvS that's as engaging as the rooftop talk between DD and Frank. Not a single quip in that one. At least one of them is in costume. They talk for more than 5 lines.
Snyder is just a tone-deaf faggot that shouldn't be making superhero movies.
>>
>>81893900
>There is no collective viewing because it's released on Netflix and all episodes are dumped at once there.

That's not true. Everybody that was going to watch it marathonned it first thing. It's the same reason nobody talks about JJ anymore.

Daredevil at least got a second season, so people are still paying attention to it.
>>
>>81894002
>bringing up DC and Snyder for no reason
>>
>>81893270
They're only obsessed with The Wire in so far as it's a prestigious show and they like to draw comparisons to it in order to drum up buzz. In all honesty I highly doubt anyone working on these Marvel Netflix shows wants them to be the next The Wire because while it is well reviewed now it was a commercial failure when it was released and was on the verge of being cancelled every season due to poor ratings.
>>
>>81893986
>and clashed with the whole aesthetic they were trying to build.

hah, how full of shit are you exactly? have you ever touched a daredevil comic book?
>>
>>81894002
...Okay? Nobody said anything about BvS, kiddo. Batman vs Superman being shit doesn't magically make Daredevil good.
>>
>>81894097
No, Daredevil being good organically makes Daredevil good
>>
>>81894097
Nobody cared about OPs retarded blog either yet he still did it. I didn't intend for this to be relevant to anything.
Looking forward to SS, but I really hate Snyder, no need to get butthurt.
>>
>>81894134
but it's not good

>>81894163
>if you don't agree with me you're butthurt
are you well?
>>
>>81894090
>say show's writing clashes with show's aesthetic
>"b...but muh comics!"

christ alive
>>
>>81894249
But you weren't disagreeing with me.
>>
>>81894249
>but it's not good

The vast majority of critics and fans alike consider it to be very good. Why do contrarian retards always have to act like their opinion somehow is a fact? You don't like the show, that's fine, but you really should consider the possibility that this makes YOU the one with the shit taste and that you are simply wrong here.
>>
>>81894403
here is another thing the "vast majority of critics and fans alike" consider good
>>
>>81894295
you just threw an empty accusation that has no base whatsoever.

the show's aesthetic heavily relies on it's protagonist's beliefs

>>81894249
>but it's not good

that's your unbacked opinion.
it's a show acclaimed both by critics and audience, if you're gonna be a contrarian at least justify your idiocy
>>
>>81894598
and it is good

literally only /v/ thinks its bad for whatever reason, probably only because its popular
>>
>>81894662
>and it is good

I think we're done here.
>>
>>81894631
No, the show's aesthetics rely on aping the aesthetics of other, more popular shows.
>>
>>81894598
Well yeah, it's a pretty good game. Hipsters like you are seriously fucking cancer.
>>
>>81893986
>it felt forced and childish

That's deliberate. They're the rationalisations of a junkie trying to justify his addiction. They're not meant to be sincere, coherent or even 100 logical, because as the series progresses, we notice Matt is a delusional shmuck who would give up everything he's worked for for the adrenaline kick of beating the shit out of people.
>>
>>81894798
>he goes on with his rant without even trying to justify his accusations

And why exactly do you expect anyone to take you seriously?
>>
>>81894798
I doubt it's even possible to create a tv show or movie that doesn't have similar aesthetics to something that already exists.
>>
>>81893270
marveldrones
>>
>>81894598
It's overrated, but it's good regardless.
>>
>>81893270

Massive Wire fan here and this show is nothing like the Wire, kindly shut the fuck up
>>
>>81895036
http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/daredevil-showrunner-compares-marvels-upcoming-netflix-series-wire/
>>
>>81894081
>and was on the verge of being cancelled every season due to poor ratings.

I remember David Simon saying that HBO execs realized it was a good show all along and assured him it would stay on even with the subpar ratings. They definitely didn't write any of the earlier seasons as a possible ending point for the show, in case they were canceled.
>>
>>81895036
>>81895103
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/luke-cage-will-be-marvels-the-wire-according-to-screenwriter-a6984431.html
>>
>>81895103

>the showrunner wants you to associate his show with another critically acclaimed show

That doesn't mean it's the same. You know who also made comparisons to the Wire? Dan Harmon, when he was working on Community
>>
>>81893270
>seems to hate the idea of superheroes

I think you've confused this with DC movies.
>>
>>81893270

Remember, you should start threads about things you like. Not things you hate.

Keep /co/ from becoming /v/.
>>
>yfw somebody doesn't like their show and a certain unnamed group of people instantly rush to start a company war

every single time. It's almost like they feel like they have something to prove...
>>
>>81894631
>if you're gonna be a contrarian at least justify your idiocy

see >>81893688

Believe it or not, sometimes people actually don't like something for reasons other than feeling like a special snowflake. Some people actually dislike something.
>>
>>81895455
No! If you don't like something popular, then it must be because you're being a contrarian! Quality is determined by the masses!

That's why the Transformers movies are the greatest films ever made.
>>
File: 1459347650941.jpg (135 KB, 600x684) Image search: [Google]
1459347650941.jpg
135 KB, 600x684
>>81893270
>Well choreographed fights that are memorable, impactful, and aren't too cheesy (except for the backflip kick Murdock keeps doing to criminals already down, that shit is clearly impractical)
>Hallway fight running gag
>Foggy
>Karen
>Punisher was great in season 2
>Fisk was great in season 1
>Setting does a better job capturing day-to-day NYC than, like, any other capeshit film or show set in the city.
>That nurse chick I keep forgetting her fucking name
>Stick
>Elektra
>The criminal organizations in both seasons manage to straddle between campy, Saturday-morning villainy and legitimately threatening
>actual widespread character growth

Just because the show keeps DD in his lane (strict street level shit) doesn't mean they hate superheroes.
>>
>>81895455
By justify, I don't mean break down your accusation into smaller accusations.

Believe it or not, when you throw random accusations like that and don't back them, people don't take you seriously.
>>
>>81893861
Don't go see BvS
>>
Because we unfortunately live in a society where people think because something is dark and serious that means it's well written, even when it's not.
>>
>>81895522
Oh, the "masses like shitty things therefore my opinion is better" fallacy.
>>
>>81895522
The difference is the Transformers movies are widely regarded as bad films by critics and most people with taste.
>>
>>81893875
>she clearly doesn't have an eye for action

Not every superhero show has to be an action show. JJ was clearly made to be a character drama.
>>
File: 1405398270084.jpg (9 KB, 256x274) Image search: [Google]
1405398270084.jpg
9 KB, 256x274
>>81895615
>show takes place at night
>dark and serious
>blind man ruins his relationships because he spends too much of his time fighting resurrected ninjas in magic, bullet resistant pajamas (that he got from a delusional guy on a shack somewhere), instead of using his time to defend a killing vigilante that may or may not have been set up by murderous, drug-controlling military official who's evil for the hell of it
>dark and serious
>>
>>81893270

Comes down to it being so much better than CW shit like The Flash and Arrow.
>>
>>81895581
What the fuck are you even talking about? You asked the "contrarians" to justify why they didn't like the show, and I had already outlined some of the reasons I didn't like the show. Do you expect citations and timestamps for every time the show did something retarded?

I'm not even saying the show is objectively shitty. I'm just saying *I* specifically didn't like it, for reasons that I understand other people might not care about as much, and that I outlined pretty clearly earlier. You're the one assuming that I must hate it because ANYONE who hates it must just hate it because it's popular.

People are allowed to not like things you see as good, anon. We don't just exist to piss you off by being "wrong."
>>
>>81893658
Seriously, why am I one of few people on 4chan who likes this show?
>>
>>81895556
>Well choreographed fights
>in Daredevil
stopped reading there.
>>
>>81896092
Name one production with better fights that isn't CA: Winter Soldier.
>>
>>81895989
But Flash is a much better show than Daredevil.
>>
>>81896012
I'm merely implying that self-suggestion is a strong thing
>>
File: power-rangers-movie-image.jpg (1000 KB, 2000x1334) Image search: [Google]
power-rangers-movie-image.jpg
1000 KB, 2000x1334
>>81896122
>Name one production with better fights than Daredevil
>>
>>81896156
that certainly explains you
>>
>>81893270
Well, it is based on the Bendis era of comics. A bit less The Wire and more David Mamet, so close enough.
>>
>>81896222
Assuming that makes your case even clearer, as you are obviously trying to be contrarian here, not me.
>>
File: realistic rechid.png (1 MB, 852x854) Image search: [Google]
realistic rechid.png
1 MB, 852x854
>>81893270
>Marvel's Netflix division is really obsessed with The Wire and seems to hate the entire idea of superheroes.
Nah, you're confused. It's the Jessica Jones crew that seem to not be comfortable with it. And I know that she's not a superhero, but she WAS, which was part of her point, but they instead made stupid references to her flying, instead of her actually, you know, being able to do it, made stupid comments about Kilgrave and the color purple, instead of him actually being purple, and had Patsy make the costume, and make it shitty, and have Jessica make fun of it for being shitty, rather than actually ever wear it.

Daredevil had a slow build to a final episode of him in full costume, and did the Same thing for Punisher, and were overall pretty true to the level of "superhero" action you'd expect in a story of an acrobatic fighter with no real physical powers.
>>
>>81896122
Not him, but my main problem with DD fights is how overly spinny and complicated they are. There are multiple times throughtout the series were Daredevil has a guy lying on the floor in front of him, and he decides to do a spinning sideflip kick to finish the guy off, that leaves him lying on the floor as well. Instead of just curbstomping him.

The choreography is smooth, but when it's got someone who's supposed to have martial arts training against someone (or multiple someones) without, it feels fake given how unpragmatically the martial artist is fighting. He should be fighting to win, not fighting to look nice.
>>
>>81894598
>>81894662
For all the shit it got on /v/, they were talking about it for months upon months afterwards.
You could start a last of us thread right now and there'll still be faggots saying Joel did the wrong thing.
>>
File: 1405364531534.jpg (13 KB, 437x319) Image search: [Google]
1405364531534.jpg
13 KB, 437x319
>>81896281
I literally mentioned that gripe in my original post, though.
>>81895556
>(except for the backflip kick Murdock keeps doing to criminals already down, that shit is clearly impractical)

I'm not saying DD fights aren't flawed, what I'm saying is it has the best cape-related hand to hand scenes. The two hallways scenes are easily on par with the well received fights of Winter Soldier
>>
>>81896375

You could start a Mass Effect 3 thread on /v/ and get replies too
>>
>>81896092
Except they were, they got down how DD is suppose to fight
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jQVJ-32mT8k
>>
>>81896156
Are you seriously implying that the only people who could possible not like your show are people who've hypnotised themselves to hate it? Is it really that hard to understand that some people just don't like things?
>>81896222
>>81896271
For the love of god, do not fall into a "No, you!" loop. You both already look retarded enough.
>>81896398
Fair enough. I honestly don't pay much attention to the fight scenes, my other main complaint about DD's is that they feel like they go on too long, especially when he's supposed to be fighting someone who is obviously not as good as he is. I do think that was less of a problem in season 2.

The main reasons I dislike shows tend to be plot and writing related, though, not choreographic.
>>
>>81893974
Does it count as bad choreography if the characters suck at fighting? Well, Jessica at least. The woman gets by on the fact that she's got superhuman strength, and nobody else does. Luke, on the other hand, just tanks everything and THEN uses his super strength.
Here's the thing about Jessica, even in the books, she's a failure of a superhero. Christ, she outright admitted at one point "I CAN fly... [but] I suck at it".
>>
>>81896577
>Are you seriously implying that the only people who could possible not like your show are people who've hypnotised themselves to hate it? Is it really that hard to understand that some people just don't like things?

I totally get that someone might not like something pal, but if I see him begging for validation on a taiwanese eyebrow plucking forum, without even justifying properly and with arguments why he feels that way, I'm gonna assume that he's a contrarian faggot.
>>
because it is?

Season 1 is slow as fuck, should have been like 8 or 9 episodes, season 2 should have been like 15. They rushed the ending into a shitty climax.
>>
>>81896577
>I do think that was less of a problem in season 2.

He's been getting progressively better each fight.
>>
>>81893515
See here's the thing your opinion isn't fact
Fuck off
>>
>>81897016
just like daredevil being good is an opinion, not a fact
>>
>>81897278

the Wire being good is a fact though, which is where the two shows fundamentally differ
>>
The good thing about season 2 is that DD finally got the billy clubs with the cable in between so we can get some more Spider-Man style swinging to add to his acrobatics.
>>
>>81896092
Kill yourself
>>
>>81896949
He's spent his entire life training, and a few months of beating up street thugs has made that much of a difference?
>>
>>81897319
Wire being good is an opinion, no matter how many people share it.
>>
>>81897380
He needs to make some adjustments to make him more efficient fighter without using to much energy.
>>
>>81897319
>the Wire being good is a fact though,

the wire isa boring piece of shit that people only think is good after watching two seasons of drek. At that point you're in too deep to stop so calling it good is a coping mechanism to keep yourself from thinking you wasted over an entire day of your life
>>
>>81893515
>collective viewing experience.
>released all at once on netflix.

are you actually fucking braindamaged?
>>
>>81893435
Of course it could. Just replace all the letters with D and C and remove all the color.
>>
>>81897340

If you think we're going to get that more than 1-2 times a season you're dead wrong. That would require an actual stunt budget.
>>
>>81897380
>entire life
He was trained for a bit when he was a kid, but quit for years to be a lawyer.

The real reason is that getting body armor that can absorb most of the impact of anyone's attacks made it so fighting is no longer exhausting for him.
>>
>>81897367
nice comeback
>>
File: tv.jpg (4 KB, 303x56) Image search: [Google]
tv.jpg
4 KB, 303x56
>>81897480
>>
>>81897529
You're still alive
Why?
>>
>>81893270
Season one was a genuinely well-done origin story, nice fights, good refrences, appearences by B-listers that I never would of imagined getting live action appearences, and was all in all a good Daredevil story. Season two has Frank, genuinely zany Marvel shit i.e. immortal ninjas running around NYC, and Frank. Its all in all pretty fun.
>>
>>81893733
I hate it because I'm tired of seeing Marvel characters with PTSD.

I have it and it's just way too real and hits too close to me to the point I can't enjoy it and start thinking about horrible shit. That plus the suicides in the show. It's just way too dark in a real way. I hated Ironman 3 because of his anxiety attacks too. It's ay too fucking real man. I want to watch Superhero shows to forget about mjy shitty sick life.

INB4 BAWWWWW UR A SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR no shut up I just don't like it I don't care what writers do and I don't want them tochange anything for my shit mental illness.
>>
>>81893270
It's honestly the best capeshow out there. It has good action, fits the gritty film noir style DD is known for, has good drama and the first season had a great fucking villain.

It's rather dark but I don't think dreary is a term id ever use to describe it. The people despite all the horrors around them still take joy in aspects of their lives and try to be good to one another (cept matt in season 2. he is just tumbling off the rails the whole time).
>>
>>81897826
>I hated Ironman 3 because of his anxiety attacks too. It's ay too fucking real man.

Really? I've never had an anxiety attack so I wouldn't know but I thought the ones in that movie looked cheesy and unbelievable. Especially with the way he just magically stopped having them in the final act.
>>
>>81897826
You got issues bro
>>
>>81893270
You're absolutely right.

But it never fails to be entertaining, something BVS should have learned back in MOS.

You're also absolutely a faggot.
>>
File: ABLOOBLOOBLOO.jpg (379 KB, 900x674) Image search: [Google]
ABLOOBLOOBLOO.jpg
379 KB, 900x674
>>81897826
>>
>>81897826
I hate how Frank refuses to use PTSD as an excuse to get an easy trial bevause its an insult to soilders with actual PTSD, and Jessica Jones just milks it.
>>
>>81893733
Because mediocrity is the ultimate sin when billion dollar movies and ambitious-cutthroat-amatuer talent are competing for your entertaient dollar.
>>
>>81897894
actually the anxiety attacks in IM3 are the closest Hollywood has done to real life anxiety attacks.

You don't have flashbacks of wars etc, you just lose your legs, start sweating for no reason etc
>>
>>81898078
>and Jessica Jones just milks it.
how does she milk it?
>>
>>81898083

nah, I'd still say being unwatchably bad is still the ultimate sin.
>>
>>81898078
>implying her PTSD isn't real
>>
>>81893270
Hey its another "lets pretend Marvel is WB" thread.
>>
>>81898150
Its a boring show. Tje concept could have been wrapped up in 3 episodes, instead we get an eleven hour movie about menstruation.
>>
>>81898095

blew me away how accurate that stuff was
>>
>>81898241
Marvel? No. Their TV department? Oh hell yeah.
>>
File: vaf_eugh.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vaf_eugh.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>81898245
>>81898078
>>
>>81898338
Its marvel, netfix just pays for the production. Same deal as the movies.
>>
>>81898245
Oh sorry I thought you had something of substance to say on the subject of 'milking ptsd'. You just meant 'i dont like it and it shoulda been short'.
Righto.
>>
File: backtoformula.jpg (84 KB, 637x708) Image search: [Google]
backtoformula.jpg
84 KB, 637x708
>ITT: Arrowfags desperate to not feel quite as bad as they always do.
>>
>>81898078
>Milks it
>Season one ends with her talking about how much of a jerk she is
>>
>>81898537
>daredevil being bad means arrow must be good
>daredevil being bad means BvS must be good

that's not how this works you little shit. They're all trash
>>
Marvel isn't allowed to have good things. Not in the eyes of certain fanboys anyway.

After the BvS fiasco and looming concerns about skwad the only real recourse is to say that all cape is shit rather than admit the "competition" did anything right. This, of course, won't stop them from defending the "sophisticated and serious tone" of Snyder's trainwreck films while bashing Marvel's Netflix shows. Nor will it stop them from praising the CW's "fun" approach to capes while bashing the MCU for also making something that manages to be entertaining.

It's the impossible double standard. If they can't have the best thing, no one can.
>>
>>81898150
Not her, the show. The fact that a show thats suppose to be about a female superhero is all about her being raped defeats the purpose of trying to make men and women superheros seem equally interesting. Its a not a show about a superhero, its a show about a rape victim with superpowers. Imagine if someone wanted to show their daugter a tv show about a girl superhero, give her a role model on par with Cap or Tony, and all they got was Moody McSulky. Should of just made the show about Luke Cage and have Jessica as a side character instead of the other way around.
>>
>>81898095
>>81898314

>You don't have flashbacks of wars etc, you just lose your legs, start sweating for no reason etc

Yeah this. I'm glad you guys posted this because I was beginning to think it was just me. His anxiety attacks are also brought on from coming close to death in Avengers which is such a realistic reaction and is what I went through too. Superheroes are supposed to be immune to that.

I think maybe if I was in a different place I would find it cathartic though. That's why I excuse characters overcoming it so quickly. It's impossible to have catharsis when you're reliving some fucked up shit or anxiety though.
>>
>>81898676
>Its a not a show about a superhero, its a show about a rape victim with superpowers.
well yeah. It's based on Jessica jones. What the fuck did you expect a super hero show? It never professed to be one or attempted to be one and its kinda silly to give it shit because it isn't one.
> Imagine if someone wanted to show their daugter a tv show about a girl superhero, give her a role model on par with Cap or Tony, and all they got was Moody McSulky.
Well I would suggest they show them supergirl instead of a show designed for mature audiences that isn't about a fucking super hero.
>Should of just made the show about Luke Cage and have Jessica as a side character instead of the other way around.
Or...OR instead, we just have JJ be a show about her in the style it was intended to be. And then have people watch the Luke Cage show later this year if they want to watch that.

Like what i'm hearing is 'i don't like that this show is the way it is because it isn't personally something I am interested in...therefore it should not exist.'
>>
>>81893626
He doesn't just end season 2 that way.
He spends the majority of it fighting classic black pajama ninjas.
>>
>>81893658
Killgrave and Nuke were good.
>>
>>81899071
>He spends the majority of it fighting classic black pajama ninjas.
Which people hillarious complain about because not enough frank. Which blows my mind. Complaining because a season of Daredevil based on the comic book 'Daredevil' had 'too much ninjas' and 'not enough punisher'.

People need to fuck off and watch that tom jane garbage movie and stop pretending they got business watching Daredevil when they don't know jack shit about daredevil.

'UGH I was enjoying batman when he fought mobsters but now hes fighting crazy guys in silly costumes all the time and theres not enough Red Hood in season 2."
>>
File: Marvel_Zombies_hardcover.jpg (69 KB, 300x433) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_Zombies_hardcover.jpg
69 KB, 300x433
>>81898591
gee i wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>81893397

Computer, show me 'Yellowjacket'.
>>
>>81899016
Thats the point ya dillweed. They picked a story about a rape victim, not a superhero. It has a right to exist i just think if the intended goal was having a strong female lead they could of picked a myriad of girl superheros rather than just focus on the one whose biggest story was being raped. Its obviously not as well recived as Daredevil and i personally think a show about White Tiger or Valkyrie would of been better for a female audience that has been begging for a story with a girl superhero lead. It wasnt terrible. It was just very preachy and heavy handed. I enjoy it more than my gf (who really hates how much it panders), if that means anything.
>>
>>81899300
ad hominem
>>
>>81899162

I'm still forcing my way though Season 1 and the only good episode was the one with the ninja fight

/co/'s FrankBoner can get annoying
>>
>>81899721
>my totally real gf HATES how much this panders, just like a real 4chaner would!
Nice try, this b8 was good enough for me to bite a few times, but you've gone off the deep end now
>>
>>81899906
>mention gf
>"you've gone off the deep end, anon"
Not everyone here is a kissless virgin. Can you really not stand someone critiquing this show? That someone, heaven forbid a female, might of wanted something else?
>>
>>81899016
>Well I would suggest they show them supergirl instead

I think this is the guy's point, who the fuck wants to watch something as shitty as Supergirl?
>>
>>81899300
Do you really need brand fanboys when you're winning though?

Fanboyism is driven by insecurity and when Marvel's cinematic and TV offerings seem to range from mediocre to fantastic there's not a whole lotta room for insecurity or the need for anyone to defend a brand that seems pretty much able to take care of itself.

Notice how there aren't really any outspoken hardcore Marvel loyalists anymore? SURE, you tell yourself that there are and accuse anyone who claims anything DC related isn't good of being one (because who other than a Marvelcuck could find a poorly done movie disagreeable amirite?), but there really aren't any, there doesn't need to be. The current definition of a Marvel fanboy according to /co/ntrarians is anyone who didn't like BvS.

>>81899820
Maybe the show just isn't for you, which is perfectly fine. I just really get tired of this millennial attitude of "If I personally don't like it then that means it's objectively garbage and everyone should recognize that as a fact" I realize saying that is laying a lot on you as a poster, but it's the tone of this thread in general.
>>
>>81900026
It's the same as if I said 'my feminist teacher hates Supergirl for being to preachy' or 'my black best friend hate Sam Captain America for being pandering.'

You're just bringing up the opinions of nebulously real people to support your argument.
>>
>>81900149

>Maybe the show just isn't for you, which is perfectly fine. I just really get tired of this millennial attitude of "If I personally don't like it then that means it's objectively garbage and everyone should recognize that as a fact" I realize saying that is laying a lot on you as a poster, but it's the tone of this thread in general.

Nah I get you, that's a problem with /co/ and the internet in general. I'm just disappointed cause Daredevil is my favorite Marvel character but something in the show isn't working for me
>>
>>81893270
Well, I think it's good. And it is a superheroes show. It's just they don't just do superhero stuff and deal with dramatic arcs, which makes them human.

Are you, maybe, implying that comics about not costumed action with silly and cheesy dialogue and bizarre plot and villains are just not worth the superhero classified, or something? Or even bad?
>>
>>81893270

I honestly feel bad for you. I thoroughly enjoyed both seasons and it sucks that some people didn't. It's kinda unfair for you. Not gonna call you any names, not even gonna assume things, I just sincerely feel bad for anyone who doesn't enjoy nice things
>>
>>81897826
You're not a true SJW because you're aware of you mental illness
>>
>>81900167
>nebulously real
What's that even mean? How detatched from reality are you? By that rational I would just tell you I'm also a girl, and that I was raped and have "ptsd" and dont enjoy the show, but I'm a white guy who just wanted to his gf as an example to convey that I don't hate the show as much as you think, I just think that theyd been better off making a show that was actaully about superheroes. Just because I would rather see an actual chick superhero doesnt mean I think the show shouldn't exist or that there are not parts of the show I genuinely enjoy. I just dont deny that the show was essentially a 3rd wave feminist fanwank, and that it is only enjoyable once you get past that.
>>
>>81900149
>immediately jumping into BvS
>despite nobody mentioning it at all

this is why we call you Marveldrones
>>
>>81900548
>nice things
but...it's actually shit tho?
>>
How come every thread talking about a cape show just devolves to company wars? Even when the OP didn't even mention the other company?
>>
>>81901052

Like I said, it's sad that you can't see how nice the series was. You're missing out man
>>
>>81901172
Because Marvel
>>
>>81901172
It's human nature. People need to take sides. You either with us or against us, basically
>>
>>81901172
If you're going to talk about /tv/, you're going to get /tv/-quality discussion.
>>
>>81901447

>tfw we'll never have an alien squid crash into /co/ causing huge numbers of deaths but uniting /co/mrades into a common goal not having having a shit board
>>
>>81901447
>>81901172

In all honesty, people tent to overestimate the amount of bias everyone else uses in decision-making. If someone says something that you know is obviously wrong, it must be because he's biased. And who is more biased than those guys who are loyal to whatever company?
>>
>>81895245
The idea that /co/ isn't /v/ is dumb.
It's been /v/ since MoS' release at the latest.
>>
>>81901988
/tv/ doesn't have company wars unless you're talking about /co/ adaptations though. Or do you really think there are Paramountdrones and 20th Century Foxcucks?
>>
>>81893270
idk OP i enjoyed it. i couldn't say why but i think its a good show
>>
Season 1 was top notch season 2 lost it because the plot was full stuff not explained.
>>
>>81902018

We'd still fight on what we think would be the best way to kill or get rid of the squid. But yeah, I understood the reference
>>
>>81901198
I've always been jealous of people that enjoy things.
>>
>>81902882

I know. Let go of the hate my friend. Life is too short to not like Daredevil
>>
>>81903021
I don't choose to not like things. I just don't enjoy experiencing them.

I don't hate Daredevil, or think badly of people who liked it. I just didn't find it entertaining.
>>
>>81893270
Daredevil writers hate superheros? It's the most comic book TV adaptation there is.
>>
>>81898537
I don't think anyone this side of twitter is even what's considered an Arrowfag. Even tumblr hates it.

In fact, I'm pretty sure it's only /co/mrades trolling guggenheim by now, trying to see how far they can make the show go.
>>
>>81893270
And the writing is horrible too.
>>
>>81893270
I love vigilante shit and am indifferent to capeshit.
>>
>>81893777
>>81893787
*You can't criticize this shitty show without people makingt idiotic assumptions and throwing shitty strawmen around
>>
>>81902107
Well, I/m /co/ and I clearly am not /v/. I'm /m/, in fact.
>>
>>81895807
With bad characters and bad drama.
>>
>>81895807
Silly anon, don't you dare arguing with OP about what's a superhero story and what's not!
>>
>>81895556
>Setting does a better job capturing day-to-day NYC than, like, any other capeshit film or show set in the city.
Have you ever actually been to New York City?
>>
>>81895807
>I-IT'S NOT AN ACTION SHOW, IT'S OKAY FOR ACTION SCENES TO SUCK
>>81899104
Jesus Christ, watch something with a good villain for a change, if those shitty characters are your definition of "good"
>>
One gripe I had, other than Matt being a prick in the last half and sabotaging his own life, was the ninja fights.
Not that he was fighting ninjas but that a lot of the fights were shot in low light. How am in supposed to tell the one guy kung fu fighting in darkness from the other half dozen guys? Especially when most of the fights involve teaming up with Elecktra causing either a split focus for the viewer or multiple changing perspectives.
Or maybe I'm a dumbass and should pay better attention.
>>
File: Quinn vs Widow.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Quinn vs Widow.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>81896122
>>
>>81910218
Stylish, but a bit too many people spinning around, it's like I'm watching Star Wars prequels.

What show is this?
>>
>>81896122
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqRPaucl8r4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_IsBpMcm_s
>>
>>81893270
>Marvel's Netflix division is really obsessed with The Wire
Up until a few years ago, every writer and critic on the internet was obsessed with The Wire. It's going to take a couple of generations to get the show out of humanity's system.
>>
>>81893400
still can't believe these guys and tony stark got away with literally causing the civil war and deaths
>>
Daredevil season 1: 9.5/10
Daredevil season 2: 8.5/10
Jessica Jones: 8/10
>>
>>81893270
The fight choreography is pretty decent. Everything else seems okay so far as well.

I'm only on the second episode though.
>>
File: Sunny vs Axe Gang.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Sunny vs Axe Gang.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
>>81910417
Into the Badlands, they use a Hong Kong stunt crew
>>
>>81897380
well, training is one thing, but real practice helps a lot
also the body armour thing
>>
>>81893270
>hates superheroes
If S2 hadn't involved immortal, mystical ninjas your argument might have had weight. But then again, even S1 had Nobu in bright red Hand attire and Fisk being as hammy as fuck in every scene.

A legit criticism would have been how underwhelming the actual legal drama stuff is.
>>
>>81895556
No. It's an incredibly outdated portrayal of Hells Kitchen.
>>
>>81893688
>Also, whoever designed the costume literally gave him a down syndrome mask.

KEK
>>
>>81893557
He never mentioned DC, are you retarded?
>>
>>81893688
The Blacksmith reveal wan't even a reveal, it was already pretty obvious.
Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.