[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did you guys hear about the Daria remake? They're making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: darkie daria.png (60 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
darkie daria.png
60 KB, 670x503
So did you guys hear about the Daria remake? They're making her black this time.
>>
Pools closed?
>>
>Daria with an afro

I never knew I wanted this.
>>
>>81892647
Can someone please shop Garnet's shades on there
>>
File: enough.jpg (4 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
4 KB, 228x221
I fucking hate SJW's. They're going to ruin my friend.
>>
>>81892871
Your "friend"? What is she, your fucking waifu or some shit?
>>
File: sassy+black+woman[1].jpg (39 KB, 465x382) Image search: [Google]
sassy+black+woman[1].jpg
39 KB, 465x382
>>81892647
>EXCUUUUUUUSE ME
>>
>>81892647
Ok
>>
Damn it I don't like new things. I want a remake exactly like the old one.
>>
>>81892974
You don't knoooow me!
>>
So they're making Jodi?
>>
>>81892647
fake and bait
>>
>Implying black people can be deadpan.
>>
>na na na na na
>b'escuse me?
>you rollin on ma neck
>>
>>81892974
Do you ever stop to think about how people actually made this stock photo? Like, this is something that was an idea in somebody's head, and more than one person worked to make it a reality.

They hired large black woman and told her to pose in a sassy manner. Maybe the first pose wasn't strong enough, so they were like, "can you put your other hand on your hip?"

Then they uploaded it to a stock photo site so that, if anybody ever needs a photo of a sassy black woman for a project, they can find one.
>>
>>81893118

where do you guys live? christ m8
>>
>>81892871
Jane is that you?
>>
>>81892647
it fits, actually.
the only girl i know who acts like daria is black.
>>
>>81893998
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej-CSyD49dM
>>
>>81892647
This obviously false. A franchise has gotta retire.
>>
>>81892647
>people having to point out this is fake
No shit it's fake. Jesus
>>
>>81892647

I think it would be pretty much the same, except that It would miss on her being the daughter of a white family upper-middle class family, which was kind of part of her deal. Still, if it is not overplayed I think it wouldn't matter.

It would be nice to have a new contemporanean Darria. So long as they didn't make her more representative of the race, start with some racism passing itself as social progression, or have her character be heavily influenced by it.

Of course, this is all bullshit, that's common sense even, but I thought it was interesting enough to merit an answer.
>>
>>81893004
This
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.