[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /co/ hate this show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: p9843808_b_v8_ag.jpg (237 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p9843808_b_v8_ag.jpg
237 KB, 960x1440
Why does /co/ hate this show?
>>
>>81889285
It blatantly shits on two series that were better than it in every conceivable way
>>
>>81889285
It proved action cartoons are dead.
>>
>>81889325
>two series
?
>>
>>81889325
Pfft, it treats Teen Titans with all the dignity and care that the original show treated the source material.
>>
i like it
>>
>>81889350
GLTAS.
>>
I think it's not nearly as hated now that we have a new CN reboot that's universally considered worse.
>>
nuPPG dethroned this show as the shittiest CN show currently in production.

At least Titans didn't use memes as a crutch, and actually tried with their humor.
>>
>>81889285

It was the first in a long line of reboots of older, beloved shows that were redesigned to appeal to millennials, meaning that it's vapid and can only be appreciated if you are or are in touch with your inner vapid child.
>>
>>81889285
It blatantly shits on the old series.

That's pretty much it. It doesn't matter whether it's good or bad, for as long as it doesn't treat Robin as the coolest baddest cool bad-ass like the original show did, people on /co/ will hate it for not doing the original characters justice.
>>
>>81889328
This.
>>
>>81889380
but at least it the show was good
>>
>>81889285
It's just not funny. It seems to make the assumption that being loud and obnoxious is charming and funny.
>>
I'm actually from /b/ here to talk about Jem

But from what I've seen, TTG takes everything that people loved about TT... rapes it, gives it a cotton candy frappucino enema, rapes it again, ties it down and reenacts the Reservoir Dogs torture scene with it, rapes it one more time for good measure, and then shits on the corpse.

Then probably rapes it again.
>>
>>81890310
This episode...

Is it shippy? I mean, it's not like I care or anything.
>>
Fans of the original comic were really pissed at CN for streamlineing it so heavily. I'm no TTG fan but personally I find the irony hilarious.
>>
>>81890512
It still couldn't hold a candle to the DC toons that preceded it as it was too busy trying to have it both ways.

At least TTG is consistent in its silly tone, even if it goes about it all wrong. Show just needs better writers.
>>
>>81890817
Haha, I know, right?

Old fans be like "Take a number, millennials."
>>
>>81890194
>>81889325

I think you guys are exaggerating a bit.

The show barely ever mentions the old show. TTG has over 150 episodes and mentions the original explicitly maybe 6 times? Most episodes are about mundane or random stuff, like "the Teen Titans celebrate a holiday incorrectly" or "Beast Boy/Cyborg/Starfire misinterpret something and become obsessed with it" or "the Teen Titans act like assholes to each other for 11 minutes."

I can think of a lot of things wrong with Teen Titans Go, but none of them have anything to do with its previous incarnation.
>>
I like it.
>>
>>81889285
its the shout-talking equivalent to modern spongebob peppered with blatant fetish bait
and the absence of whipcracks has evidently confused people into thinking its not the exact same thing johnny test was

though i do think the writers top tier asshurt over the "criticism" of their bottom of the barrel childrens cartoon writing was funnier than any of the jokes theyve attempted to make
like seriously i dont think ive ever seen a tantrum go through the whole production process, what a spectacle
>>
>>81891076
>TTG haters getting high and mighty over other people getting "asshurt" and "throwing tantrums"

Oh the hypocrisy, it is delicious
>>
>>81891257
this is the exact sort of thing i mean, going so far as to strawman me into one of those nostagia-driven tumblr complainers because i dont bow to the glory of your favorite shitty flash show
its a fucking cartoon, not even a particularly effortful or passionate one, how people, even the people making it, can get so much of their ego invested into it is beyond me
ive seen people get less defensive over their fucking family
>>
>>81891522
>going so far as to strawman me into one of those nostagia-driven tumblr complainers because i dont bow to the glory of your favorite shitty flash show
>ive seen people get less defensive over their fucking family

They called you a hypocrite. I wouldn't really call that lashing out or anything.
>>
>>81890603
this

it's just bad. but if you want you can pretend everyone who dislikes it is just a butthurt fan of the old show or whatever, if it makes you feel better
>>
>>81889285

Because /co/ is autistic over a cartoon being a cartoon
>>
>>81892506
>a cartoon has to be regarded as fuck
?
>>
>>81889285
Because nostalgia
>>
>>81890968

It's really just the general spirit of it.

I mean really, what kind of person is proud of this kind of creation which is blatantly a demographically targeted cash grab, vs the other versions which, although they have flaws, were at least made with some kind of artistic direction and purpose.

If, in any of its mentions of the old show it showed unambiguous respect for it, then it would be easier for people to just say its just an inconsequential spoof. But because that didn't happen, it appears as if it's being run by a bunch of sadistic dickheads. And the real cancer of /co/ will fist pump in favor of this like they're the ultimate trolls or something, but in reality it just has a lot more to do with corporate interests and appealing to a general audience, and the writers just want to keep their jobs and be successful, whatever that means.

I'm glad that these threads are getting smaller, the controversy was definitely helping with its popularity.
>>
>>81896113
The big thing that made people hate it was simply its marketing and its treatment.

It replaced two highly-rated critical darlings loudly and unceremoniously. Its sister series, Beware The Batman, was jerked around and canceled so quickly it had to finish its run on Adult Swim. It wound up routinely being played more times per day than every other show on the network, and advertised as "YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW" - which was even more aggravating because, broadly speaking, CN's current crop of shows is pretty varied and pretty excellent, and TTG is one of the least acclaimed by a good margin. They even let the characters do their anti-bullying ads, even though the Titans themselves aren't role models by any measure.

All this would probably make people hate a show even if it was one of the greatest animated shows in history. And it's just not. On a good day, they can get a few laughs or throw in a funny cameo or reference, but their median level of quality is pretty slipshod and bland, the plots are generic, and the show's tone is very mean-spirited (which certainly has its appeal, but it's something that can very easily turn people off a show).

Long story short, Teen Titans Go is a show that most people started off hating, and the show itself, while not outright terrible, did absolutely nothing to dissuade them.
>>
It's not funny, I don't give a fuck about TT or YJ, they had endings, their time is over.

Teen Titans Go just isn't fucking funny.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
>>81890968
I don't mean it directly hates on the original series - if anything, it does the opposite - but it's take on the characters is so negative and satirical of the original versions that fans of the old who haven't gotten over that it's a slapstick comedy (aka: the Mr Enters) hate it for not being faithful.

If it wasn't based on the original Teen Titans, but had entirely new characters, a lot of the people here who hate it just wouldn't even care about it.

>>81896113
>I mean really, what kind of person is proud of this kind of creation which is blatantly a demographically targeted cash grab, vs the other versions which, although they have flaws, were at least made with some kind of artistic direction and purpose.

Pic related: it's the antithesis to that argument.

>If, in any of its mentions of the old show it showed unambiguous respect for it, then it would be easier for people to just say its just an inconsequential spoof.

https://youtu.be/6AsomkWscrA?t=116
Video related: it's you being proven wrong again.

>I'm glad that these threads are getting smaller, the controversy was definitely helping with its popularity.
Anon, the controversy doesn't even reach children's ears, let alone change their opinions. The show's just popular, accept it.
>>
I like it
>>
File: Starfire.png (252 KB, 1022x1458) Image search: [Google]
Starfire.png
252 KB, 1022x1458
>>
I don't like the show but I'm getting tired of seeing people say the original Teen Titans cartoon was so deep and meaningful.

It had some dramatic moments to it but it was still a cartoon. It wasn't THAT good and it makes people sound like pretentious fuck wits
>>
>>81903875
that's adorable
>>
>>81889285
It's okay desu.
>>
>>81900771

I hate when this show decides to do good quality animation and character models inspired by other things.

It just makes me wish the show was that better thing all the time.
>>
>>81889285
Probably because CN labeled it as "Your new favorite show" and as soon as they had enough episodes it took up HUGE amounts of CN's schedule. I don't have the picture that shows how bad it was, but at one point it was literally 85% of what was on. They also canceled young justice for this and made a joke about it (albeit a rather hidden one).
>>
>>81903913
For an action series it didnt even have all that good action. The Trigon arc was the most stand out to me. TTG actually has some decent action segments comparatively as well.
>>
>>81907041
Is there any evidence that Young Justice was canceled specifically because of this show? That only one or the other was allowed to exist?
>>
CN just fucked it up by putting outdated memes and unoriginal like "Bruh"
>>
Nostalgia fags.
It eats up way too much of CN's schedule.
A lot of episodes are shit, especially the early ones. I actually kinda like the show but the quality of the humor is really inconsistent.

Honestly most of the self aware parody episodes they've done have been pretty good. I always took their references to the original show as more affectionate parody than mean jabs.
>>
I kind of prefer how Beast Boy is treated here, sociopathic moments aside. While his idiocy is exaggerated here, he has more deadpan/straight man moments here than the original, where his "can't tell a joke" moments were just painful.
>>
>>81890758
Well you sure do sound like a /b/tard.
>>
>>81891076
>i dont think ive ever seen a tantrum go through the whole production process

What do you mean by this?
>>
>>81889285

Because its no where near as good as the older show, which is in turn no where near as good as the comics. Even the really fucking old ones, which is saying something, cause old comics had....interesting writing on occasions.
>>
I've watched like 50 episodes.

It's just not a funny show. There were a couple of good episodes, but most were either not funny or offensively unfunny.

But it's not as bad as new PPG.
>>
>>81910615
He means that really silly jabs at the fanbase like "bluh bluh yur all just babbies" made it all the way to the finished episodes - something that's really hard to do unintentionally, given how long animation takes to do. They had to have "okay we're going to do an episode where we tell the entire established fanbase to fuck off" on the mind for about nine months, and never went "You know, this is kind of a bad idea."
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.