[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the substance his original planet was made of is deadly to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: Baby_Kal-El_In_Ship.jpg (25 KB, 632x480) Image search: [Google]
Baby_Kal-El_In_Ship.jpg
25 KB, 632x480
>the substance his original planet was made of is deadly to him
>had a piece of it with him the whole time he was going to Earth
>>
>>81886507
Kryptonite is radioactive, a blanket is not.
>>
>>81886507
>the substance his original planet was made of is deadly to him
its not. think of it this way, dirt is not deadly to you but if Chernobyl happen on it than it will kill you
>>
File: ackchyually.png (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
19 KB, 200x200
>>81886507
Green Kryptonite only weakens Superman; it is not directly deadly to him.

There are several varieties of Kryptonite, each with different effects:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kryptonite#Forms.2C_colors_and_their_effects
>>
>>81886689
ok. what happened at krypton? did any super-scientist figure out how to make kryptonized material?
>>
>>81886943
>What happened at Krypton
It fucking exploded?
>>
>>81886943
when it blew up,some of the crystals they had got irradiated from the explosion,there was no Kryptonite before the death of Krypton
>>
>>81886689
This shit right here that seems nobody gets or understands.
>>
>>81887291
>Kryptonite exists as a result of Krypton's destruction, not as an element that was present when it was alive
I never knew this, I'd always assumed growing up in the yellow light of our sun made him somehow susceptible to a piece of his old world or something.
>>
>>81886507
Wouldn't the entire ship be "pieces of Krypton"?
>>
>>81887345
Nah, son. Kryptonite isn't just a green rock it's irradiated green rock.
>>
>>81887345
are you young or did you just not watch STAS or even smallville?just not into superman?
>>
File: file.png (437 KB, 704x512) Image search: [Google]
file.png
437 KB, 704x512
>>81887415
>Smallville
I remember trying to watch it once and finding it absolutely terrible. Watched TAS as a kid but it's been 20+ years anon. My earliest Superman memory is watching the old shorts on VHS.
>>
OP, do you know anything about Superman? This shit is basic knowledge.
>>
>>81887513
>Smallville
yeah its not very good and gets worse since it went on for 11 years.
>TAS
I watched it like 5 or 7 years ago. its basic superman lore, guy has only like 4 weaknesses
>>
>>81887589
>11 years
Good god I knew it was a long-running show but that's ridiculous. Is there a /co/ recommended episode list for TAS by chance? The most recent thing I saw Superman in was JL vs TeenTitans where it sort of seemed like he was fucking both Wonder Woman and Lois Lane and was otherwise kind of a cunt.
>>
I just figured Krypton was always radioactive, hence why the people were just normal and it exploded.
>>
>>81887385
I'm still confused as to why it only effects Kryptonians then? Is there something with their biology that causes it? Or is it just as the plot demands? Why doesn't it cause mutation or radiation poisoning like regular radiated material?
>>
>>81887670
It does. Lex Luthor had cancer, after wearing a ring of it.
>>
>>81887768
Almost died from cancer, he cut off his hand and eventually got a new body and pretended to be his own son.
>>
>>81887670
yes its the biology, the same way different sun radiation has different effects also there are multiple stories where lex luthor is dying(and maybe sterile) because his armor /guns are powered by Kryptonite
>>81887654
neo sups is a total dudebro(especially in animated products). he fucks WW and maybe lana. Lois hooked up with some TV guy but now there is a time skip where she has sups kid. sups has been depowered and repowered like 2 times already. its a convoluted mess. just watch all of TAS its worth it ultimately. after that watch new adventures of lois and clark.
>>
>>81887658
are you another casual? they were normal because there sun is RED and not Yellow like the Earths sun. god this is like info that has been in every superman product every and every origin blurb that has followed when they needed to recap his origin.
>>
>>81887670
The radiation frequency interferes with his cells ability to absorb and metabolize yellow sunlight and causes an accelerated celluar death; it affects him very fast because of this.

It affects humans the same way low yield radioactive isotopes do. Extended exposure can cause cancer and other problems.
>>
>>81887291
Not quite. In several continuities it did exist as a highly dangerous yet efficient power source or extremely rare mineral. Most of krypton turning into kryptonite thanks to the explosion holds true to all AU so far.
>>
File: 1460362685088.jpg (370 KB, 800x1229) Image search: [Google]
1460362685088.jpg
370 KB, 800x1229
Well at least /co/ managed to educate one person about Superman. One down, 6 billion more to go.
>>
>>81886507
so kryptonite comes from crystals that were used on krypton that got irradiated by some means so does anyone know how it was made in DCCU because I don't remember seeing anything like that in man of steel
>>
>>81886869
Wait... Fucking what? Pink Kryptonite? THIS IS THE BEST THING!!!
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 1609x3540) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 1609x3540
>>81886869
Time to post some Terry
>>
>>81887909
I've read all the golden age comics and nothing like this is mentioned
>>
>>81895749
simple search says that explanation started in 196s
>>
>>81891364
How much of these comics are straight up traced?
>>
I shitpost about casuals a lot, but this thread is really sad. Almost too sad to REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81887838
>cut off his hand
>eventually got a new body and pretended to be his own son
I'm guessing cutting off the hand didn't work out.
>>
>>81886943
It varies, but in general, Krypton's core was unstable and underwent a compositional change, causing it to become radioactive and explode.
>>
Kis Kriptonite irradiated from the explosion or is the yellow sun powering it in a way that it becomes harmful to superman?
>>
>>81891364
This is bad
>>
>>81891364
No pls

>>81890680
That Kryptonite was made by PAD and was mentioned in Many Happy Returns in Supergirl whike Linda was in the Silver Age world, the joke was that it turned Superman gay and all you see is a panel of him complimenting Jimmy on his wardrobe and everyone but Supergirl oblivious to the gayness but confused as to why Superman was acting weird.
>>
>>81886507
They mentioned that when it blew up the it the krypton chunks just absorbed the space becoming a brand new substance.
>>
>>81890680

I feel I should tell you to google Purple Trouble by ganassa.
>>
I wonder if some people on /co/ think Superman gets his powers -from- kryptonite.
>>
>>81899562
Does he not?
>>
>>81899562
Ultraman does, doesn't he?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.