[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently, i heard that Alan Moore is not interested in any Superhero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: alanmoore350.jpg (83 KB, 300x427) Image search: [Google]
alanmoore350.jpg
83 KB, 300x427
Recently, i heard that Alan Moore is not interested in any Superhero comic and characters since his childhood and has not read almost every Superhero comic.
Is it true? But, isn't his Supreme or Tom Strong love letters to Silver Age Superman? I doubt it. So, i want to know source of this statement.
Is it true that Alan Moore has not read any comic book Superhero since his childhood?
And, if it is true, why did he join american comic genre?
>>
>>81884775
>And, if it is true, why did he join american comic genre?
same reason people post on /v/
>>
>>81885006
So, is it true that Moore has not read any Superhero comic?
>>
>>81884775
Moore doesn't like superhero comics.
>>
Alan Moore despises super heroes, and believes they're for children, which they originally were intended for. With Watchmen, he wanted the superhero comics to end, but he ironically just made them go darker. Truly a magician.
>>
>>81884775
In the deluxe edition of Watchmen he cites it as what got him off of superheroes. Since he had so much more fun writing the civilian characters and fleshing out their personalities/relationships/lives.
Leave it to Zack to cut all that shit out of the movie, of course.
>>
>>81887813
...but he kept doing superhero comics
>>
File: smile.png (270 KB, 505x477) Image search: [Google]
smile.png
270 KB, 505x477
>>81884775
Because money. And he likes to piss and moan about things. So think of it like this, every time you piss and moan about something on 4chan, you get 5 dollars for it.

You'd be posting a lot and complaining wouldn't you?
>>
Alan Moore the child love superheroes. Alan Moore the man moved on because there are better things to follow that circus strongmen with black and white morality, besides the superheroes changed and they weren't about the sense of wonder anymore but continuity bullshit and recycling silver age stuff but with more sex and violence. Tom Strong and Supreme were a homage to Alan Moore's childhood.

I guess it's a healthier choice than reading comics that you hate every week and then complaining on 4chan and definitely way healthier than worshipping circus strongmen as some kind of cult.
>>
>>81887813
That kind of shit was more than half the movie you retard.
>>
What
>>
>>81884775
>>81885114
>>81885148
>>81885167
>>81887813
>>81888049
>>81888851
>People that take recent Moore interviews at face value

You fuckers seriously haven't read stuff about him from the 80's and 90's. You know what he said about Julius Schwartz? Back in the 80's he said Schwartz was one of the few people he was awed by (other people in comics he was awed by included Jack Kirby).
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.