[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here love both Marvel and DC? Come on /co/, post your favourites
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 14
File: marvel and dc.jpg (141 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
marvel and dc.jpg
141 KB, 600x400
Who here love both Marvel and DC? Come on /co/, post your favourites from both! In fact, why don't you include your favourites from other companies as well like Image, Dark Horse or Valiant.

I love DC and Marvel for bringing me Batman, Green Arrow, The Justice League, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Daredevil, X-men, Iron Man, Captain America. The list is long basically.

Let's have positive thread for once!
>>
My two favorite writers, Frank Miller and Grant Morrison have written great stuff for both companies. Morrison's X-men and Batman are fantastic. Miller has written an amazing run on Daredevil and some great Batman stories.
>>
>>81884244
Needs a Cyclops.
>>
I like both.
Why do i must hate either of them?
>>
company wars are so stupid especially when you realize a lot of good writers have gone back and forth between companies.

As a matter of happenstance i'm drawn to mostly marvel characters and current marvel and their mythos but my favorite writer (Morrison) has done way more shit with DC.

All*Star Superman is my favorite comic of all time, and i have more TPB from DC than Marvel.
>>
>>81884264
He's pushed by Wolverine.
>>
>>81884285
>>81884287
Exactly. I think most people who like and read comics like stuff from both, and stuff from other companies beyond those two.

I feel like quite a lot of the company wars shit comes from the movie going audience who doesn't read comics at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 669x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 669x1024
I'm gonna be like hey evetbody wasn't blackest night great lets reboot it as rebirth. Suck a didio
>>
I'll follow certain artists and writers no matter the company (esp. Sale, Morrison, Miller). It's all the same shit really.

I just happen to support DC more based on the fact that I'm a Batfag and a Catwomanfag, and Cyke/Pym haven't been getting much love at Marvel lately.
>>
DC is going to make a bigger comic at the same price as a standard comic to launch rebirth and then make cheaper comics standard for ? Issues bu have longer stand alone stories. Marvels best atm is spidergirl and the daredevil has its place on cable tv helping pick up the writing, that shit used to be violent as hell Frank Castle knows who Spider-Man is and he probably knows who you are
>>
Red lanterns vs green lanterns sounds like a reboot. "It's not a reboot"- Dan Dido Superboy
>>
>>81884421
I think a lot of people follow writers rather than companies.
>>
File: image.gif (576 KB, 498x372) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
576 KB, 498x372
"Batman international" was kacky and that was written by Morrison.
>>
>>81884421
>I just happen to support DC more based on the fact that I'm a Batfag and a Catwomanfag, and Cyke/Pym
Are you me?
>>
>>81884244

I like both and I like the other publishers as well. Even when things are at their worst from executives at Marvel and DC there is always something interesting to read.

I just hate events
>>
File: SonsofBatman.png (112 KB, 246x254) Image search: [Google]
SonsofBatman.png
112 KB, 246x254
>>81884607
The majority of the board is Batfags.
This has been the case since /co/ first crawled out of the primordial slime.
>>
i read both, but the only reason i prefer marvel is because of their cosmic.

Galactus, Celestials, Death, Thanos, The Beyonder, Eternity.

that shit gets me hard way more than the new gods and the green lanterns.
>>
>>81884545

You would be wrong their I'm afraid. Most comic readers are chattererfags. Even if their hero has a shit writer they just can't give it up
>>
>>81884654
Nah, didn't mean that. Batman, Catwoman, Cyclops and Pym are all in my top 10. Except Batman. He's in top 20.
Funny thing. I love Batman but I really don't like any of Robins. No idea why.
>>
>>81884654

Most people reading comics are Batfags. DC probably should have had him double shiping since New 52 started
>>
>>81884661

I think I'm Bizzaro you, anon. I prefer DC because of their fantasy/magic side. Swamp Thing, Constantine, The Phantom stranger , Animal man it's all just top shit. Doctor Strange is alright but Marvels magic side has always felt weak to me
>>
I'm so rry I am no Batfag I read Captain America White and felt like I waited so long I could have just watched the first movie at least the image was good. And wtf is CM Pink a wrestler writing comics on. How many times has marvel and the xmen made a movie, that's fucked the comics cause the writers can't write for marvel they write for fox studios.
>>
Another Batfag here, I've also always really loved X-men though. Honestly, why "hate" either Marvel or DC?
>>
>>81884759
please elaborate. on everything.
>>
>>81884759

Are you drunk?
>>
>>81884770
>Honestly, why "hate" either Marvel or DC?

People like being in groups and what a group needs is an enemy image even when it's completely irrational. Like football in the UK where all the fans have to be separated because they have aligned themselves to a team of players who don't even know they exist
>>
>>81884244
I enjoy dc comics more, but I do like the X men.
>>
I don't like the media new media director ion dan didio is taking DC
I pay to much for variant comics in volume.
The price cheaper and the quantity less week by week but the stories are more diverse and lengthier.
I dint like captain America white because it was shit painting. And the story I saw already on vhs it was so old it was like a history story from another comic about another comic on Captain America and Bucky.

I did not like batman international as it went on I couldn't wait for it to end I swore I would never start a story until the final release. Which now cause DC push back DK III monsters I am waiting forever.

Marvel has constantly battled Sony for Spider-Man and it got its own reboot and xmen never got anything until some cunt pointed the smarks into Deadpools direction now daddy is buying his 8 year old kid the series when I recommend Deadpools kills the marvel universe to get aquatinted with the marvel scene. Know what I mean. Dude wore Deadpools costume to the opening should have seen them sit down.
>>
File: 1434149122702.jpg (16 KB, 380x375) Image search: [Google]
1434149122702.jpg
16 KB, 380x375
>>81884839
>>
I mean push back masters, the master race, this is the DC I look forward t with Dan Didio
>>
>>81884839
>>81884855

Who is this mongoloid and why is he ruining the thread?
>>
I don't like the direction Marvel has taken in recent years with their SJW approach and forcing diversity. Diversity is fine if done right, but Marvel does it shitty. That and their stories lately haven't been that good.

That said, I do read mostly marvel, but also like me some Batman and JL.
>>
even classic like the phantom gettin his style upgraded. The ghost who talks money...not dust!
>>
>>81884867
maybe he's drunk. i know i am.
>>
File: 1460717407422.jpg (70 KB, 350x338) Image search: [Google]
1460717407422.jpg
70 KB, 350x338
My favourite supers are Superman, Flash, Captain America, and Spider-Man. The First Super Hero Movie I ever saw was Spider-Man Two and the first Super Hero Comic was a 'Death of Superman' trade, and that made me read All-Star Superman.

Both Company's have good and bads to them, and both have some great comics and shitty comics. I like how's DC multiverse is set-up within it's own continuity, and how non-canon stories can cross over with canon plot-lines.

I really liked Superman vs Spider-Man when I was teen, but I was unimpressed by Batman vs Hulk. Batman vs Spider-Man annoyed me since they made the Joker sane, but Carnage un-did the device that made them both stable; but after he was out of the picture, why not do it to the Joker again? Outside of plot armor.

I have no idea where any of the continuity is with either company is anymore, and I just occasionally read ones suggested to me. I wish both of their wiki's were set up better, because they're pretty garbage and it's hard to follow anything because of it.
>>
>>81884874
>wally west.gif.gov
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 323x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 323x456
>>
>>81884244
>Marvel
X-Men
Deadpool
Spiderman
the avengers can eat a dick

>DC
Teen Titans
Justice League
Batman
Bat family (except Batwing and Batwoman)
>>
secret wars, wasn't a secret.
>>
>>81884244
I'm a fan of good comics, that's pretty much it.

Marvel's output has been atrociously bad though for the past 5 years and more.
>>
>>81884874
I think that's something both companies do, and it's stupid. I understand what their mind-set is, that it'll give minority a wider representation if they transform a popular existing character into a POC than if they create someone new, but it always comes in hammer-fisted and forced.

I had black friends that were disappointed because the Falcon became Captain America, because they had an original hero who grew somewhat popular on his own Merits and was black, but Marvel didn't think that was enough, so it's kind of a slap in the face to them.
>>
Teen titans getting a whole new shake reboot in rebirth..
>>
This photo belongs in the fitness section he's too cut, Mongul ain't body building jump like the justice league DC New 52 all got pointed ballerina shoes
>>
File: lr2.jpg (41 KB, 234x300) Image search: [Google]
lr2.jpg
41 KB, 234x300
I'll occasionally follow Marvel or DC. They're both about the same these days. I really like 70's-80's Marvel and 80's-90's DC. I like the really trashy genre stuff that you don't really see anymore

I mostly like more down to earth indie/alternative like Love & Rockets, Ghost World, and Sacred Heart. I'll buy anything that Michel Fiffe, Chuck Forsman, Simon Hanselmann, Michael DeForge, or Katie Skelly put out.
>>
Ask Terence Howard about it
>>
image comics is my #1
>>
Hank Pym is my favourite super-hero. But I prefer DC over Marvel in general. Of course, a good story is a good story and I'm not one to pass up on one due to publisher. Though having a preference for DC only means I have more of a tolerance for weaker books from that company than I do from Marvel.
>>
>>81884770
Marveldrones are making me hate marvel just because of their marvel droning over Didneys literal shit MCU and the fact that they think the same recycled garbage movies are better than what DC is trying to do.

Also, I loved marvel because of anything Mutant related and the fact that they're taking a huge shit on anything not owned by Didney irks me.
>>
>>81884341
>>I feel like quite a lot of the company wars shit comes from the movie going audience who doesn't read comics at all.
It does. You'll see it mostly in those threads and it's honestly become more prevalent in recent years what with more folks shwoing up only interested in the adaptations
>>
>>81884991
I didn't particularly like BvS, though it wasn't THAT bad. It was nice to see a change of pace from the mcu movies though, that's probably what I liked most about MoS and BvS.
>>
>>81884979
I honestly believe this is the worst opinion one can have over their "favourite publisher".
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1536x2048
bVS was big flop of my cock after drinking a gallon of soda. mqke Danger Girl R rated
>>
They don't force feed me the same shit, there is a great publisher out there. His name is Dan Dildo
>>
I really like both when it comes to older comics. But between Spideybeing under a shit writer for almost a decade, constant poorly conceived events, and replacing a lot of my favorite characters for stupid reasons just to be "different" I've really lost interest and faith in Marvel. Hell, in Fantastic Four's case they outright cancelled it. Probably for the best though since they were turning Reed into a villain.

I don't want to use the term pandering, but I'm definitely not Marvel's target audience anymore. I can't remember the last time I was excited or even interested in a Marvel book that wasn't from before 2006ish. Probably all changed around Civil War actually.

>>81884991
I got banned for using "marveldrones" in a thread like this once and got banned once, despite the rest the thread being about shitposting about "DCfags". This board has really inconsistent moderation, especially with the overwhelming /tv/ garbage.
>>
>>81884264
It looks like there's only a spot left for an inhuman. Reserved for blockbolt.
>>
>Marvel
Daredevil
X-men
Inhumans

>DC
Batman
JL
Green Arrow
Shazam
>>
Marvel will not make F4 editiions because they are not making fox money.
>>
>>81885129
>I got banned for using "marveldrones" in a thread like this once a

I have been as well I would say the Janitors have a Marvel bias but they also banned people for shitting on BvS despite it being utter shit. I'm pretty sure they just ban ban based on how much money they're given, and Disney just pays more.
>>
>>81885204
There's a definite bias with moderation, which does nothing but perpetuate more company wars bullshit. Those "what went wrong" threads are utter companywars bait and yet you never see a Marvel one up for more than a few minutes, but the DC ones will last all day, or a few days, until the shit posting gets so out of hand they have to stop in and do something.

I don't even post about DC anymore except in storytime threads and late at night, because most DC threads get baited into companywars shit, and if you say anything to counter the shitposting your posts tend to get deleted.
>>
>>81885129
> I got banned for using the term "marveldrones"
That's because the term is "Marvel Zombies.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Marvel+zombie
>>
>>81884732
Too bad it's being somewhat shitted on by having fucking cosmic characters on earth. Also having bad writing, ooc moments, stupid editorial/movie pandering bullshit and a lot of cosmic characters are stuck in comic limbo (like quasar or such)
The GotG movie is such a monkeys paw.
>>
>>81885343
Fuck i meant to reply to >>81884661
>>
>>81885266
Aren't Marvel Zombies a thing in its universe?
>>
>>81885343
Well cosmic marvel is pretty much finished before GoTG came out.

Just enjoy the movie and hope a decade or two down the line someone will make something great from it.
>>
> Marvel
Nightcrawler
X-kids
Various teen teams

> DC
LoSH
GL
Basically anything space-y

Also Magekiller and Irredeemable over at Boom! and Wytches at Image.
>>
>>81885394
But Giffen is busy at DC.
The modern era cosmic stories i enjoyed was his tbqh
Better yet, will there be young Giffens or Starlins who'll get their big break?
>>
>>81884654
Spideycucks are more than Batfags actually. It just happens that Spidey hasn't been good since SpOck so discussions about him are lesser.
>>
>>81884661
Yeah New Gods and Lanterns are the extent of DC's cosmic stuff, which is unfortunate because I feel like DC has a lot of characters or concepts that could be fleshed out into more cosmic stuff.

It doesn't help that Lanterns have been floundering ever since Johns moved on. I love what Johns did for Green Lantern, but when he left he left it way too open for DC to run with. There's way too many Corps, half of which are useless - lIke Star Sapphires existing just to give Carol something to do - or only show up when the Greens need some boost like with Indigo only existing when they need teleporting or Blue only being around when they need a power boost.

Larfleeze is fun because he's such a bizarre concept and is a solo Lantern, Reds make for fun chaotic enemies but can't carry their own solo books. Green and Sinestro Corps really should be the only focus, with far fewer of any other color.

Then there's the whole emotional reservoir idea that Vendetti ran with which was retarded from the start and do more harm to the state of Lanterns than anything. And don't get me started on the sheer number of human Lanterns -there's enough now to give them each one of the colors and make a fucking Super Sentai team at this point.

I love GL, but holy shit cosmic DC and Lanterns could send me on an all day rant of how fucked everything is. I'll stop typing now for my own sanity.
>>
>>81885560
Oh yeah and Legion. I always forget they exist because DC doesn't know how to handle them anymore and nobody who could really write them well seems to be allowed to by editorial.
>>
>>81885045
Why do you hate creators?

Why do you hate creators having the freedom to create what they want to create, instead of being forced to do whatever the editorial department tells them to do?
>>
>>81885204
>Janitors
>banning
>being paid
Newfag please
>>
>>81885534
>>Better yet, will there be young Giffens or Starlins who'll get their big break?
Probably not. Does Starlin still write good stuff? I know Giffen does
>>
>>81885627
I don't. But folks saying Image is their favourite publisher irks me. They're line of books are drowned in mediocrity and only some are truly good. And there are far better avenues to get independant/"hipster" comics than Image.
>>
>>81885560
>Yeah New Gods and Lanterns are the extent of DC's cosmic stuff
>>81885584
>Oh yeah and Legion.
And L.E.G.I.O.N.

And Omega Men

And Rann

And Thanagar

And the Darkstars

And Tommy Tomorrow

And Mars
>>
>>81885669
>And there are far better avenues to get independant/"hipster" comics than Image.
Different guy here. But who? I thought DH was kinda floundering and that Image is the strongest indie publisher.
>>
>>81885132
Inhumans don't count for shit.
>>
>>81885669
>They're line of books are drowned in mediocrity and only some are truly good.
Do you think that Marvel or DC are any different?

I thought that this thread was supposed to be positive. Why do you love console wars?
>>
File: 1432588439102.jpg (63 KB, 400x575) Image search: [Google]
1432588439102.jpg
63 KB, 400x575
>>81885693
>>
>>81885681
And Lobo
>>
>>81885708
This image isn't wrong, but I feel like this is the wrong thread for it.
>>
>>81885708
but only the selected companies in that image have ever made a decent book?

indieshitters are a problem
>>
>>81885560
DC's cosmic stuff used to be really cool and developed, then the New 52 happened and everyone who wasn't a Lantern was relegated to comic limbo or Threshold. And when they finally got their shit back together again they couldn't advertise their cosmic books properly, or they were shit (see Telos).
>>
>>81885820
>console wars
Wrong thread, mate?
>>
>>81885681
>>81885719
And none of those have been around or handled well in the past decade, which is why cosmic DC is so bland these days. Lanterns trump everything in DC's mind, ever since Johns' run.
>>
>>81885884
>Omega Men hasn't been handled well in the past decade
I agree. Eighties Series 4 Lyfe.
>>
>>81885884
The 2009-2011 run of R.E.B.E.L.S. (where pretty much everything in space guest starred) was handled really well, the Threeboot version of the Legion was mostly good and the current Omega Men is pretty good as well even if it's sadly very unpopular.
>>
>>81884244
fav DC
Constantine
Black Canary
Greem Arrow

Fav Marvel
Hank Pym
Thor
Beta Ray Bill
>>
>>81884244
There are some Marvel things I like but they're mostly attached to X-Men. But you can't deny that there's a very real difference between the two companies, and the way the fans approach both.

Marvel is very much a populist company and is more prone to dramatic changes in the status quo, and even the worst ideas tend to be, if not embraced, accepted. You can't argue that Marvel has a lot more flair and sells itself to the public a lot better.

Meanwhile DC is more driven by individual storytellers which pretty inarguably leads to much higher highs than Marvel, but also some pretty terrible lows. There's also more of a focus on the legacy of characters rather than stunts (though DC is definitely not innocent of that.) However their fans are a lot more picky, with many jumping ship when things change against their tastes (for instance, all the people who quit DC when N52 launched.)

There's also a difference in the "confidence" editorial has in changes between both companies, as well- Marvel projects themselves as being the more confident of the two companies. For instance, when Thor became a woman or Falcon replaced Cap, Marvel paraded them around on major networks and publicized them as the ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT AVENGERS and pretended like they were never, ever going back. Meanwhile DC turned Wally into a black guy and has been mostly quiet about the whole thing.

Basically, Marvel fans tend to be people that are willing to embrace things that they are exposed to, while DC fans are the types of people who seek out things to embrace. They're just different personality types, so the two groups aren't going to get along.

>>81885838
N52 was a mistake
>>
>>81884264
>>81885132
please, it needs Green Lantern or Aquaman.
>>
I like both DC and Marvel, however with DC I like almost all aspects of the universe. When it comes to Marvel I only like maybe 20% of the stuff in the MU but I really like that stuff I DO like. I don't read any current Marvel because except for Vision current Marvel is awful and I read only a little of current DC. Very hyped for Rebirth, can't say I'm excited for anything Marvel has coming up
>>
Y'all like comic books or do you really just like superheroes?
>>
>>81886182
Wrong thread.
>>
>>81886182
I'm more into masked vigilantes than superheroes to be honest
>>
>>81886182
I like all kinds of comic books.
>>
>>81886182
I like both. It's just that here you can find superhero threads easier and when indie threads come, I know jack shit because I don't read those.
>>
>>81886182
For most fans of DC and Marvel it's both. This is why Big Two fans come to blows with Indie fans all the time.

Marvel/DC fans tend to be fans of certain characters and like reading about them. They like seeing the adventures of those characters, or explorations of those characters, or even just a peek into those characters' universe.
>>
>>81886182
I buy more Image than anything else. but I can enjoy some supers.
>>
It's also worth noting that a lot of characters that belong to DC were created for other companies, like the Shazam family, the Freedom Fighters, Ted Kord and the Question.
>>
File: image.jpg (428 KB, 1000x1479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
428 KB, 1000x1479
>>81884244
This is my favourite moment from Batman: Year One. This page makes me believe Snyder has read nothing but a summary of TDKR. The bottom left panels summarise Batman for me.
>>
>>81886002
I couldn't agree more. Marvel does a really good job at publicity, something which DC isn't very good at. They're definitely more confident when they do reboots and such as you say, whilst DC mostly come with excuses for why it's a good idea, which doesn't come off as very confident or that it's very well thought through.

Despite this, I think DC has been great for 10 years straight with the titles I read, whilst I pretty much quit Marvel all together around 4-5 years ago.
>>
File: Spider-Shiro.png (709 KB, 394x922) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Shiro.png
709 KB, 394x922
>>
>>81886524
Read Year One and Born Again other day. Year One is still great but art and writing is pretty weak compared to Miller and Mazuchelli's Daredevil.
>>
File: TDKRIII.png (492 KB, 800x547) Image search: [Google]
TDKRIII.png
492 KB, 800x547
I love Frank Miller's work with Daredevil. He made both GOAT shit at both companies.

This panel was dope as shit in TDKRIII
>>
>>81887536
With Daredevil AND Batman*
>>
>>81884244
when did blind brand loyalty become so common?
>>
>>81887832
The day after a product got a second manufacturer.
>>
>>81887832
I never saw it be as bad is it is these days until BvS was announced.
>>
>>81886182
Both. Some of my favorite comics are the sword-and-sorcery stuff Marvel put out in the 70s and is what got me into buying them. But nowadays I tend to read more superhero oriented stuff.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.