[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Lex gave WW, Cyborg and Aquaman letter based symbols
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: 1460794250813.png (221 KB, 704x361) Image search: [Google]
1460794250813.png
221 KB, 704x361
Why did Lex gave WW, Cyborg and Aquaman letter based symbols but only gave Flash a lightning bolt?
>>
File: 1vSOEdc.png (85 KB, 177x174) Image search: [Google]
1vSOEdc.png
85 KB, 177x174
>>81883003
Basically every motivation in the movie can be summarized as "to set up a Justice League film". By the end they're not even trying to hide it: the conversation goes like

>Batman: We need to get a bunch of superheroes together
>Wonder Woman: Why the fuck would we want to do that.
>Batman: I've just got a good feeling about it.

It's like something I'd see on a fanfiction site as a 14-year-old author tries to cobble together a reason Doc Brown is in Equestria or whatever.
>>
>>81883003
pretty sure there was lightning or the power went out when flash used his powers in the movie.
>>
>>81883656
Batman has had the Knightmare vision, Flash' warning and Lexs gloating about a bigger evil coming. He had plenty of reasons.
>>
>>81883003
Meme magic is real...

Is this the hypercrisis?
>>
File: Annoyed mouse.jpg (149 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed mouse.jpg
149 KB, 700x714
>>81883003
>they said they will set up future installments in an non-intrusive and neat way
>it's literally post-credits scenes sprinkled throughout the movie

I will never trust movie execs ever again.
>>
>>81883656
>Doc Brown is in Equestria
I really want to see this but the mods over on /mlp/ have gone autistic deleting any writefag prompts they see.
>>
Because lightning is the universal symbol for "fast", while aqua, cyborgs, and wonder women do not have universal symbols

I'm sure if he made one for Batman it would simply be a bat, not a stylized letter B
>>
>>81884938
Aqua can be symbolised by 3 squiggly horizontal lines on top of each other
>>
Because snyder is a fucking dumb cunt
>>
>>81883003
>>
>>81884938
>and wonder women do not have universal symbols
I wish there was an official design for a Themysciran flag. They usually have a seat on the UN after all.
>>
>>81883656
>"We should form a group, or a league"
>"We don't need to do that, it's fine just us"
>"Yeah, a Just Us League..."
>>
Because he probably knew Barry got hit by lightning. The others may already have their symbols on thier costumes. I think it's just a rule of this universe that official heroes need a symbol on their chest, be it an alien word for hope or a fat bat.
>>
>>81887369
This is the correct answer.
>>
>>81884840
>Batman has had the Knightmare vision, Flash' warning and Lexs gloating about a bigger evil coming. He had plenty of reasons.
This. He's uneasy about that shit already and then has it confirmed by Lex. Also it's the whole thing about being inspired by Supes' sacrifice to do something other than be a bitter cunt.
>>
Was anyone else freaked out by the Cyborg scene? That was like something out of a horror movie especially when we woke up and started screaming. My showing had families with little kids walking out.
>>
Why did Lex design little logos for everyone? Can we just out that down to him being insane?
>>
>>81889526
I guess it's him being egotistical and feeling the need to brand all the metahumans.

But really, it's just silly.
>>
It's a lowercase "L". It stands for "El Flasho".
>>
>>81889560
I thought it was a stylized "S" for Sonic Sanchez
>>
>>81889557
Luthor's power is knowing he's in a movie and reading DC comic books and being a meta character.

I mean, he knows their fucking logos before they have them.

And that whole "Bat of Gotham vs. Son of Krypton! Dark Knight vs. Man of Steel! Batman vs. Gotham: Dawn of Justice! Can't wait for Justice League! Been waiting for this movie since the '50s!"
>>
>>81892556

The fact that Lex doesn't know their secret identities at that point completely fucking ruins that scene. From the trailer, I was expecting everyone to already know everything at that point, and Lex to be baiting them in public to make sure that they know that he knows or something.

But no, its just a solid minute of inane memery that makes no sense in universe and only exists so it can be included in the trailer.

Which, unfortunately, can also be said for basically everything that was included in the trailer.

> Is she with you?
> I thought she was with you.

Batman, you have traded emails.

You know she isn't with Clark. There is nothing about her that indicates that she gives a fuck about Superman in any way.

She is totally with you, Batman.
>>
>>81884931

stay in your fucking containment board
>>
>>81892712

Lex knew. He said he'd been Bruce for two years.
>>
>>81883003
>gave
I thought he was researching the mythology around them and found those symbols, not that he literally fabricated them.
>>
>>81889560
>>81889590

I thought it was a stylized F, I have seen some apps that stylize F like that in their app name/logo
>>
>>81883003
>Lex came up with the logos
wait, people actually believe this?
>>
File: flash.png (2 KB, 150x250) Image search: [Google]
flash.png
2 KB, 150x250
>>81883003
What else would you pick to represent Flash?
I'm pretty sure he has that symbol on his costume.
>>
File: shia.jpg (62 KB, 750x736) Image search: [Google]
shia.jpg
62 KB, 750x736
>>81889338
>>
Why did WW send her own picture to Bruce instead of deleting it off the drive?
>>
>>81893101
>>81894073
We really trying to defend this?
>>
File: 1371526988850.jpg (65 KB, 578x776) Image search: [Google]
1371526988850.jpg
65 KB, 578x776
>>81889526
>Most of the Justice League are using insignia designed by a crazy retard who created a giant monster who destroyed half a city
Everything to do with the movie is stupid
>>
>>81894251
>Wonder Woman logo already on her belt
> Aquaman too i think?
>Flash could aldeady be established
>Cyborg maybe i've never seen him with a C logo in any of his stuff

but sure Lex came up with them, we have to blindly hate the movie even when it's stuff that's made up, right ?
>>
>>81894671
Jesus wept....
>>
>>81894671
>I think?
>could already
>maybe...
this about sums up every defense of BvS
>>
>>81894671
The mental gymnastics are astounding.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.