[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't she become a literal she-hulk? I mean, Bruce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12
File: She-Hulk_Vol_2_1.jpg (49 KB, 400x595) Image search: [Google]
She-Hulk_Vol_2_1.jpg
49 KB, 400x595
Why doesn't she become a literal she-hulk? I mean, Bruce barely looks human when he transforms and she just gets green and a little muscly?
>>
>>81872420
Both their powers were conceived differently.
>>
>>81872466
Please stop engaging anons who don't read comics, anon
>>
>>81872420
Because then less people would be able to fap to her
>>
Gamma transformations are partially psychological.
>>
>>81872496
this
>>
>>81872420

The psychological make-up of a gamma mutate has an effect on their physical transformation. Mousy and plain Jen wanted to be sexy and assertive, so She-Hulk is sexy and assertive. However, when she gets pissed she can at times go full-on Hulk like Bruce does. It's less often, though, as she's a lot more mentally stable than her cousin.
>>
>>81872496
but anon, what ever gave you that idea?!
>>
Depending on the writer there are several answers
>She got a lesser dosage so she's a lesser Hulk. Bruce was hit by a bomb, she just got a blood transfusion.
>Hulks are more Mental Images, based on their fucked up psyches they manifest differently. Bruce is a victim of ridiculous child abuse and he repressed that anger for decades until it manifested a separate personality. Jen has low self esteem. Though Bruce has different Hulk aspects all varying degrees of monstrous.
>>
>>81872420
Because money.
>>
>>81872420
pls don't come here with shitty ideas, retard
>>
>>81872534
>>81872577
This. Your gamma form is affected by your mental stability and your level of gamma ray exposure. Jen and Doc Samson had very mild exposure and are two of the most stable gamma mutants out there. Abomination got a full dose of Hulk brand gamma juice and he ended up a giant self-loathing mutant fish man.

>>81872496
This is the actual reason.
>>
Cho draws her like that somewhat.
>>
>>81872420
Same reason the Leader just gets a big head, or Doc Sampson only grows green hair.
Hulk is actually the weird one.
>>
File: she_hulk_v2_055_00_rougher.jpg (462 KB, 991x1539) Image search: [Google]
she_hulk_v2_055_00_rougher.jpg
462 KB, 991x1539
>>81872420
>Why doesn't she become a literal she-hulk?

She can.
>>
because female characters are almost always sexy. it's female objectification, plain and simple.
>>
>>81872837
Yeah, the odds were that he should've died no matter what (more so than your average deadly superpower accident).

I may being retarded here, but weren't there rumors that Bruce was some sorta energy-absorbing mutant?
>>
>>81872880
OP need read more comics
>>
>>81872496
They should balance it out by making a He-Hulk (Master of Smashing) that is a handsome tall ottermode green guy who runs around in a speedo, and a Hulkina who is a savage monster who looks like The Hulk with sagging tits.

I'm all for decreasing the double standards in sexualization in comics if it means that, instead of decreasing the amount of sexy female characters, we just add more ugly female characters and sexy male characters to balance it out. Then everybody can fap without complaints.
>>
>>81873859
>They should balance it out by making a He-Hulk (Master of Smashing) that is a handsome tall ottermode green guy who runs around in a speedo,

Isn't that Amadeus Cho?
>>
Because nobody wants to see ugly deformed bitches in comicbooks
>>
File: Sensational She-Hulk 15 - 00.jpg (453 KB, 979x1522) Image search: [Google]
Sensational She-Hulk 15 - 00.jpg
453 KB, 979x1522
>>81872420
She can but it doesn't happen a lot.
>>
>>81872952
False, a female character being sexy doesn't make her a object, it makes her a sexy fucking character.

>>81873859
>I'm all for decreasing the double standards in sexualization in comics if it means that, instead of decreasing the amount of sexy female characters, we just add more ugly female characters and sexy male characters to balance it out. Then everybody can fap without complaints.
None of that other shit will sell, female readers just need to get it thru their god damn thick skulls that men are naturally sexually attracted to women and that is not degrading or harmful in any fucking way for them to want to see sexually appealing women in entertainment.
>>
Just like female orcs in that new warcraft movie. Nerds can't identify with a female character unless they want to fuck them. Dude monsters can be gross looking. Chick monsters are mostly just different colors.
>>
File: Shehulkcho.jpg (298 KB, 988x1600) Image search: [Google]
Shehulkcho.jpg
298 KB, 988x1600
>>81872420
All the gamma rays went to her tits, butt and thighs

Usually the reasoning is she only got enough of Bruce's blood to turn her green, make her taller and more muscular. Sometimes it's something about the difference in personality of Jen and Bruce. She can turn big and ultra muscley when the story needs it but no one likes to look at that.
>>
>>81872952
Oh boo hoo, people like looking at sexy women. Woe is female kind.

Thor just happens to be shirtless constantly in marvel movies, right?
>>
File: She-Hulk Savage.jpg (397 KB, 956x1453) Image search: [Google]
She-Hulk Savage.jpg
397 KB, 956x1453
>>81872420
>Why doesn't she become a literal she-hulk?
>>
>>81878720
>The little bit of bush
Unf
>>
File: 6zdseqS.gif (1 MB, 358x268) Image search: [Google]
6zdseqS.gif
1 MB, 358x268
>>81878944
>>
>>81872420
Because women are meant to be sex objects, dumbass.
>>
>>81873859
I am ok with this idea
>>
File: 1507510364251189676.png (369 KB, 800x329) Image search: [Google]
1507510364251189676.png
369 KB, 800x329
>>81878044
Yeah check out this HOT BAHATI, but that super model figure is totally unfitting for an Orc.
>>81873859
Ironically He-Hulk would LITERALLY be a male power fantasy since She-Hulk is a projection of her ideal self, He-Hulk would be some dweeb's projection of a sexy alpha dude.
>>
File: professor.Hulk410_03a.jpg (48 KB, 308x360) Image search: [Google]
professor.Hulk410_03a.jpg
48 KB, 308x360
>>81879648
>He-Hulk would be some dweeb's projection of a sexy alpha dude.
That has happened a few times. Banner is a very messed up dude.
>>
>>81876500
Pak really missed the boat when Shulkie was guesting. It coulda been She-Hulk and Her Amazing Friend He-Hulk.
>>
>>81873859
See you think you're being clever but both those things already exist. Ogress is Hulkina.
>>
Question: How would She-Hulk not be a female power fantasy? Legitimately asking because I'm unsure.

Are we to believe that a woman doesn't want to be sexy? She-Hulk is sexy and on top of that has the power to to more or less be in control of the vast majority of encounters with other people. Nobody's raping She-hulk (Unless you're Starfox and have magic sex powers)

If she isn't a female power fantasy, explain what one would be like and what would be empowering about being homely or just average instead of sexy?
>>
>>81872952
You say that like it's a bad thing anon
>>
>>81880970
back in the Byrne run they even made fun of conservatives offended by such a feminist character
>>
>>81881153
The more things change the more they stay the same
>>
>>81880970
Because Men wrote her
Though really empowerment/demeaning are purely subjective. No one can tell anyone what's truly empowering or not because it's up to the viewer. Regardless of public opinion or artist intent if someone views a character as a personal ideal, that's what they are.
>>
They tried that with She-Thing. It doesn't sell.
>>
File: Mari Shimazaki.jpg (56 KB, 366x498) Image search: [Google]
Mari Shimazaki.jpg
56 KB, 366x498
>>81881398
Your spoiler text is fucking hilarious considering pic related

>>81881470
Didn't she spend a lot of time trying to kill herself because she was ugly?
>>
>>81873675
To be fair op was probably asking a genuine question and is probably happy with these genuine answers he may well be off to read some of these story's right now
>>
>>81881509
>Didn't she spend a lot of time trying to kill herself because she was ugly?
If that's true that's probably why it dident sell.
Then again dident the thing complain about his appearance a lot to. Although I suppose he mostly accepted it.
>>
>>81881558
He does but I don't think he never tried to off himself over it.
>>
>>81881509
That's the chick who drew Bayonetta? Okay, I don't see how she's relevant to what I said.
>>
>>81872496
Wouldn't doubt this being the answer
>>
>>81872420

Women are lithe and beautiful.

Men are burly and scary.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.