[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I just finished The Land Before Time for the first time;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: The-Land-Before-Time.jpg (361 KB, 1069x1600) Image search: [Google]
The-Land-Before-Time.jpg
361 KB, 1069x1600
So, I just finished The Land Before Time for the first time; I thought it was pretty good, but lacking in some areas. Now I'm curious, are any of the 57 and 1/2 sequels worth watching? Also, general discussion of Land Before Time, I suppose.
>>
>>81871945
>are any of the 57 and 1/2 sequels worth watching?
No.
>>
the first one with chomper and the one with the girl long-neck and the grampa getting sick were okay from what i remember, but i haven't watched these movies in years.
>>
2nd movie was alright, 3,4,5 were shit, 6th was alright too, didn't care after 6th.
You are Umasou was a better movie though than anything after 1.
>>
>>81872027
Mysterious Island had some pretty good songs too, even if leaving the Great Valley was kinda bullshit.
>>
I watched some of the sequels when I was young. I liked them and remember rewatching them. I'm not sure what an adult would think though. I'm not sure if the sequels were really aimed at a full audience though.
>>
>>81871945
just 1,2 and 5
>>
4 and 7, not to say some of the others aren't almost as good.
>>
>>81871968
>>81872027
>>81873088
>>81873994
I figured it would be a small amount of them, if any; I just found the ending and the overall character arcs to be a tad disappointing, and was hoping that maybe one of the sequels actually turned out to be some kind of hidden gem that expanded upon the original really well. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I went in thinking this was sort of an animated classic at the level of something like Iron Giant, and walked away thinking it was a cute, if not somewhat played out movie. I'm sure it would be different if I had watched it as a kid, or when it first came out.
>>
Are there any children's movies that are as overall dark as this movie? Like not to say other movies don't have dark or depressing moments, but this one in particular seems to be consistently so. Like the overall tone of the movie feels really hopeless and frightening and there's constantly fights and arguments between the characters.
>>
>>81871945
I can't stress how I would rather see the uncut version of this film over anything, George Lucas and Spielberg actively ruined this film by cutting out 10 minutes, of which some were necessary to make the story coherent, because what you get in the climax of the film is a disjointed mess of ''group splits, Littlefoot suddenly comes back, they kill Sharptooth but suddenly it's supposed to be sad again because Littlefoot can't find the Valley, but they find the valley anyway.''

It's painfully obvious where they cut stuff out, and in the case of the ending of the film it's a huge loss because putting one scene that was supposed to be the climax of the lowest point of the film right after we've had some sweet relief after killing Sharptooth just doesn't work.

Another thing I didn't quite stomach seeing this film years after I first watched it was how heavy-handedly cutesy the first part was
>>
>>81871945
I first watched this movie in the theatre and watched it all the time when it came to vhs, it was awesome. The sequels were trash though
>>
File: 6as5ivbuaoq6.jpg (175 KB, 489x750) Image search: [Google]
6as5ivbuaoq6.jpg
175 KB, 489x750
>>81876896
>Are there any children's movies that are as overall dark as this movie?
http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/The-Secret-of-NIMH/Movie?id=14856
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.