[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7
File: Men BTFO.png (618 KB, 413x562) Image search: [Google]
Men BTFO.png
618 KB, 413x562
Well?
>>
>>81871678
She carried the Reality Gem inside her and didn't Realize how dangerous it actually was. So she survived, because she's stupid.

Everyone knows that Power corrupts and destroys and Power just works.
>>
>>81871678
>>81873029
Yeah, each gem does different shit.
>>
>>81873029
>Stupidity thwarts reality.

That explains Deadpool.
>>
>>81871678
Vision has a Infinity Gem in his forehead.

Red Skull held on to Gem and was only sent into deep space.
>>
>>81871678
Different writers with differing ideas.
>>
This is from Tumblr, isn't it?
>>
>>81873246
Vision is a robot, and red skull is never coming back so he may as well have been vaporized.
>>81873425
/co/, tumblr, there really is no difference at this point.
>>
>>81873447
I just want to see him in a cell somewhere on Thanos ship, driven mad by years of unimaginable torture.
>>
>>81873447
>never coming back
Infinity War son
>>
>>81871678
Different gems, different powers, different threats. Others have said it, but you forgot that the gem Padme there had was still killing her. It was consuming her slowly even as it protected itself.
>>
>>81873197
>>Stupidity thwarts reality.

>That explains Deadpool.

That explains real life.
>>
>>81873425
Look at that filename
It's tumblr
>>
>>81871678
She's stronger than all of us Chris.
>>
>>81871678
This is the problem with multiple characters of differing power levels in the same setting. All of Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Guardians themselves, are completely irrelevant. Because 1-2 other superheroes whom are much more powerful can just swoop in and make all their struggles seem trivial. Holding an Infinity Gem was huge for the Guardians, but is nothing for Vision.
>>
>>81874197
biggest laught I've had all week
>>
>>81874459
How many times do people in the thread have to point out that each Gem has a different power and thus represents a different threat? Unsurprisingly trying to tap directly into the Power Stone with your body was a really bad idea generally so you had to utilize it through other objects, like bonding it to a hammer.
>>
>>81873246
>>81873197
>>81873082
>>81873029
this.

Mind gem goes in head. Becomes mind.

Space gem sends you to space.

Reality gem won't fuck you up. Sends you to other realities/realms.

Power gem WILL fuck you up. Gives you power. Power corrupts.

Are we seeing Time or Soul in Strange? Is it Soul=Strange, Time=GotG2?
>>
>>81874657
>Reality gem won't fuck you up. Sends you to other realities/realms.
But they said in the movie that the Aether was slowly killing Jane. They didn't know how to get it out, that's why Thor and Loki did this convoluted scheme to trick Malekith into getting it out for them.
>>
>>81874657
Time gem was in Days of Future Past
Soul gem was in Return of the Living Dead
>>
>>81874657
The Time Gem is inside the Eye of Agomotto, already been confirmed. We don't know where the soul gem will turn up yet. I think its more likely to be in Thor 3 than Guardians 2 since from the sounds of it, Gunn doesn't want Guardians 2 to just be set-up for Avengers 3.
>>
>>81874820
>Soul Gem
>In possession of High Evolutionary
>>
>>81874647

What if you asked for dance power? What then?
>>
>>81875183
It gives you the power of a million dancing fools which unfortunately causes every molecule in your body to implode at the speed of light for all eternity.
>>
>>81875868
>literally become a dancing star
>>
>>81874820
>The Time Gem is inside the Eye of Agomotto, already been confirmed.

I believe you based on the pictures I've seen, but is there a source for this?
>>
>>81874657
Ok, so what gems have been in movies and when? Space is the Tesseract right? Wasn't it stolen by Loki and put in his scepter in Avengers 1?
Power was the one that Ronan had in GotG
Reality was Thor 2
Mind was AoU but did it appear before that?
>>
>>81873660
weaving would rather break his two movie contract
>>
>>81877884
mind was the scepter
>>
>>81877884
Sad thing is GotG2 will probably involve Xandar having been fucked up by Thanos to get the gem. Saved from Ronan, still fucked up.
>>
I liked Legally Blonde
>>
>>81878058
Still odd how Ultron was a "program" within the Gem. I personally figured it was never a real part of the Gem but rather Tony's fear was sensed by the Gem which made "Ultron" for him to find by reading his mind for what he wanted, but Ultron was fucked up by his fears.

Now I wonder if Ultron isn't still somehow part of the Gem and all Vision did to that last Ultron was return Ultron "home" which means he could get out again.
>>
File: time.jpg (40 KB, 557x335) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
40 KB, 557x335
>>81877694
>“In this film, the Eye is a very important relic that can be quite dangerous if used in the wrong hands, because it has the ability to do any number of things, the most dangerous of which is, it can sort of manipulate probabilities. Which is also another way of saying, ‘screw around with time’ — which is part of our story.”
-Kevin Feige

That plus there's clearly a green stone inside the Eye, and every infinity stone in the MCU has a different color than their 616 counterparts, so it would be weird if they kept soul as green.
>>
>>81878345
Maybe Thanos will just crash straight into whatever chamber they're keeping it in and leave. He's not really interested in Ronan's goofy war with Xandar. Dunno that they can put up a ton of resistance to him either with so many of their ships destroyed by Ronan.
>>
>>81878500
Xandar might live but the Nova Corp is probably mightily fucked. Maybe this will lead to an actual Nova movie?
>>
>>81873029

She was not doing well at times. They glossed over her illness when they were navigating Svartalfheim, probably cause they realized she needed to be able to stand and react in the next scene to Thor and Loki. The movie was rushed, I feel so bad for it, cause it had some good ideas, implemented so few very well.
>>
>>81877884
>Aether = Reality
From Thor 2, in Collector's possession.
>Tesseract = Space
From Captain America 1 and The Avengers, in Asgard.
>Scepter = Mind
From Avengers 1 and 2, inside Vision
>The Orb = Power
From GotG, on Xandar with the Nova Corps.
>Eye of Agomotto = Time
From Dr. Strange, sitting around Stephens neck.
>>
>>81878492
>and every infinity stone in the MCU has a different color than their 616 counterparts,

Which is so stupid. It's all Thor TDW fault. Hade the aether been Yellow this would have been avoided. See how they avoided using yellow as an effect?

The scepter totally should have been blue and the mind stone. The tesseract could have been fudged into being purple, even though it had blue effects. Or hell... light blue and dark blue, no purple.

Gunn wanted the power stone to be red, but thor TDW claimed red.
>>
>>81878580
So then Adam Warlock with the Soul Gem in GotG2?
>>
>>81875183
Wrong gem. For best dancing you need the soul gem.
>>
It's a relief that all the shit characters from Thor 1 and 2 won't appear in Ragnarok
>>
>>81871678

It's almost like the MCU isn't nearly as well planned out as Marvel want you to believe or something
>>
>>81878570
I would give my right arm for a Nova movie. Fuck Cap Marvel, fuck Spiderman, and fuck Inhumans, I want some goddamn Nova in my MCU.
>>
>>81874657
Reality gem is also rather more unique than the others seemingly.
>While the other relics often appear as stones, the Aether is fluid, and ever changing. It changes matter into dark matter, and seeks out host bodies, drawing strength from their life force.
The tesseract also is currently a bit off, it houses an infinity gem but is clearly a large cube, did whatever it did to Red Skull, but Fury was able to hold it long enough to shove it in a briefcase, maybe his gloves are special or it's power was briefly lesser when Loki used it to travel to Earth or whatever.
>>
>>81874123
So that's what is going to cause her cancer in the MCU, right?
>>
>>81881049
Residual reality warp power from her exposure to the Reality Gem turns her into an entirely different actress!

I almost want to make a joke about people supporting that until they hear it's Tessa Thompson.
>>
Wasn't the entire point that it was killing her

Also the power gem is a bit different from reality innit
>>
>>81874657
Time gem is the eye of agamotto
Soul gem in GotG2 because adam warlock
>>
>>81881419
I think this is one of those bait image threads that leads to actual discussion. There IS some discussion here, anyway.
>>
>>81881479
Except adam warlock will not exist in the MCU. Gunn put the cocoon in because he thought it looked cool as background image and had no idea in had any relation to anyone. He said he regrets ever putting it in because it wasn't his intention to have warlock exist. Plus, vision already has his role in the MCU.
>>
>>81878415
Ultron was based off of the containment unit of the Infinity Gem. aka. the blue spearhead part of the scepter.
>>
File: Natalie (7).jpg (2 MB, 1997x3000) Image search: [Google]
Natalie (7).jpg
2 MB, 1997x3000
glad this ugly bitch isn't coming back
she's a worn out dish rag in an electric dishwasher era
>>
>>81878751
You're wrong, man. Different keeps you guessing for a bunch of them until the movie actually hits.

Purple Power Stone looked amazing amidst the yellows and greens and blues of that movie, though.

And so did the red in Thor 2. By all it's faults, it's one of the prettiest marvel Movie.

I'm sure Strange will look great as well, Marvel has bumped the cinematography budget for phase 2 onward. Even AoU looked half decent with Whedon at the helm.
>>
File: Howard the Duck.png (252 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
Howard the Duck.png
252 KB, 500x358
>>81875183
>>
File: GER.jpg (1021 KB, 1560x1200) Image search: [Google]
GER.jpg
1021 KB, 1560x1200
>>81878492
>it can sort of manipulate probabilities

Oh shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMP26fyeT8M

Here's a featurette from the AoU DVD where they talk about the gems.
>>
>>81871678

Well, for starters, the gem Peter held is POWER and it blew everything it touched.

And the Aeither SEEKS hosts. And it kills them eventually.

Jane got lucky that they got her to Malkith before it happened.
>>
>>81874459

The mind gem is not the same as the power gem.

And it was a pretty big deal for the people that witnessed Vision and know what that gem is (namely Thor - he bailed earth just to learn more about this shit).
>>
>>81877884

Tesseract = Space. It's on Asgard's vault right now (so Loki has it).

Orb = Power. On Nova's hands (so basically it's on Thanos hands already).

Aether = Reality. Probably still on Tivan's hands.

Loki's Scepter = Mind. Currently on Vision's head.
>>
So the time stone is confirmed to be in Doctor Strange in the Eye of Agamoto and I'm pretty sure the soul stone will be in Ragnarok.

Feige said that Ragnarok will be the most important movie of Phase 3 when it comes to the Infinity War story. I wonder how the souls tone will appear in the movie and what impact it will have. Any guesses? Is it possible we'll see Adam Warlock in Thor?
>>
>>81886544
Pretty sure Asgard will get toasted at the end of Ragnarok by Thanos and that's when he'll get the space stone from Loki. Maybe GotG2 will also end with the destruction of Xandar when he goes to get the power stone.

Vision will probably die at the end of Infinity War 1 when Thanos gets the mind stone from him. Not sure about Aether and Tivan, he'll probably get it off screen somehow.
>>
>>81880999

Fury had gloves, Skull actually touched it.

And he held it for way longer than it took Fury to put it in its container.
>>
>>81886623
Also when Red Skull got blown away the cube was also already activated and putting out energy to power the pods and weapons and the ship beforehand and just overheating while he was channeling his anger into it or something. After Loki got there, it was cooling down from the teleportation.
>>
T Tesseract
H
A Aether
N Necklace
O Orb
S Scepter
>>
>>81871678
Different Gems, different power.

Purple Gem is actually Designed to destroy organic lives.
>>
File: TiteKubo.jpg (159 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
TiteKubo.jpg
159 KB, 333x500
>>81886737
>The Heart
>>
>>81886737
Maybe it'll be a helmet.
>>
>>81871678
Reality Gem willingly manifested inside her for protection. It could have easily torn her apart if it felt like it
>>
>>81871678
I'm more interested by the fact that pretty much everything they did with Iron Man 2 and The Avengers points to Tony having actually created an (albeit less powerful) replica of the Space Gem, studying his father's notes on it

Literally created an item akin to those most powerful in the universe, coming from ages past, handed down by gods themselves.
And all he needed was a garage full of scraps.
>>
Here's some stuff about the IW movies that came out these days from Russos/Feige/writers

>Directors Anthony and Joe Russo confirmed that they’ll shoot both movies, which are currently scheduled for release in May 2018 and May 2019 respectively, at the same time. But they stressed that the back-to-back filming doesn’t mean it’s just one story split in half.

>“The movies are very very different from one another,” said Anthony Russo. “It’s not a part one and part two scenario, necessarily. They’re just two different expressions. I think it creates a misconception that we’re shooting them at the same time.”

>When we asked writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely about that statement, they confirmed the sentiment, but refused to elaborate. “I will agree [the two movies are very different], and that was very important to all of us,” McFeely said.

>For some clue as to what the different movies could entail (outside of probably Thanos, the Infinity Gems, and all the Avengers), the Russos pointed to the past. That Infinity War will continue a story they’ve been working on for some time. “For us there’s a through line from Winter Soldier, through Civil War, right to Infinity War,” said Anthony Russo. “In our mind, the storytelling arc moves that way.”

>“There’s an overarching story that’s going to be told through all four films,” added Joe Russo. “And I think having the amount of characters we have in [Civil War] certainly prepares us to deal with probably triple the amount of characters in Infinity War.”

>“Much of the groundwork has already been laid,” he said. “That’s the truth. Doctor Strange will lay some more. Thor: Ragnarok will lay some more—but I think the majority of it is already there.”
>>
File: Infinity-Stones.png (236 KB, 868x374) Image search: [Google]
Infinity-Stones.png
236 KB, 868x374
>>81886908
>“I think there will be a finality to moments of Phase Three, as well as new beginnings that will mark a different, a very different, a distinctively different chapter in what will someday be a complete first saga made up of three phases,” Feige said."

>“Things always get deconstructed, right?” says Joe Russo. “You build things up and people enjoy the experiences you’ve built up. But then you kind of reach an apex or you reach a climax, a moment where you go, ‘This structure is really going to start to be repetitious if we do this again, so what do we do now?’ So now, you deconstruct it. We’re in the deconstruction phase with Civil War and leading into Infinity War, which are the culmination films.”
>>
>>81886897
Ultron was created from studying the scepter and the blue shit that housed the real infinity gem. Like that metal ball that housed the gem in GotG.

He didn't clone an Infinity Gem or anything close to it.
>>
>>81886897

No. The space gem is MUCH more powerful than Tony's Arc Reactor.

What Sola, Howard and Tony did was replicate a vastly inferior verion of the space gem's power output.
>>
So what will happen to Vision when Thanos pulls the Mind Gem out? How will he get the Time Gem away from Strange?
>>
>>81886973
Vision will probably die without the gem, no?
>>
>>81886944
>>81886946
Oh I agree it was less powerful but consider this:
If it had just an inkling of the Space Gem's power in it, wouldn't that be the perfect explanation as to why the Mind Gem didn't work him when Loki tried?
If it was just that "it touched metal" Loki could have literally shifted it 2 inches to the side to make it work, but he seemed to be certain it's not going to work after 2 tries.
>>
>>81883031
>Natalie (7)
>(7)
>high res as fuck
Are you kidding me with this shit
>>
>>81886737
Hall of the Slain (Valhalla)

Maybe the Soul Stone powers Valhalla in preparation of Ragnarok. A way to contain all those souls until their strength is needed.
>>
>>81887024

Oh, it's absolutely certain that the energy of the Arc reactor cancelled the energy from the staff.

But saying that Tony made a replica of the Space gem is just wrong.

All he did is a battery that outputs similar energy, and very inferior to it.

And it has non of its more advacned properties.

Sola and Howard saw a battery because it's the best use they could find for it, and Tony just followed their blueprints to perfect the imperfect replica.
>>
>>81887024
Personally, I think that Badassium (as he apparently wanted to call it) being new core of Arc Reactor, which at the time was still connected to Stark's body, would make sense to protect him from effect of the Mind Gem hidden in the Scepter, just like apparently Wanda's abilities is supposed to be natural weakness for Vision and his power of Mind Gem, as she gained her ability from the Mind Gem as well.
>>
>>81889506
Hm, maybe I phrased it wrong.

The point I'm trying to make, is not that he replicated the space-gem, but that he managed to replicate even an aspect of it is amazing.

And I'm curious if Thanos will have anything to say about that.
>>
>>81874268
>MCU Jane Foster is Thor's Felicity
>>
>>81871678
Let's address the bait a bit:
>Men BTFO

I mean it's not like Gamora said "Quill, you idiot, give me that" and contained the gem on her own.
>>
>>81878492
I'm not sure I like the stones being embedded in characters because it will fuck them up when Thanos gets them.
Like, isn't the Vision's sentience due to the Mind gem? Then he'll die when it's removed, and Strange will be mostly useless without the eye as well.
>>
>>81878345
Thanos tears Xandar apart for the Power Gem, and this sets up Nova's origin.

Mark my words.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.