[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can he stand his family? Especially the wife who puts her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: Bobbelcher2.png (63 KB, 316x624) Image search: [Google]
Bobbelcher2.png
63 KB, 316x624
How can he stand his family? Especially the wife who puts her feelings first before everyone
>>
>>81871084
Bob has a will of steel.
>>
He's too good for them
>>
>>81871084
because he both loves them and is a doormat
>>
>>81871084
"Your my family and I love you. But your terrible, your all terrible"
>>
Because it's a cartoon and it's written that way.
>>
I want everybody on that show to die.
>>
File: Hank_Hill.png (48 KB, 176x389) Image search: [Google]
Hank_Hill.png
48 KB, 176x389
How can he stand his family? Especially the wife who puts her feelings first before everyone
>>
>>81876115
And like Bob, Hank is a mystery that way as well. All their loved ones do is cause frustration for these guys.
>>
>>81876245
Hank is a conservative cowboy, even if he was off put by his family he'd stick by them because it's the right thing to do. same reason why he won't just ditch his friends
>>
you are supposed to love your family even when they're shitty because that's what being a family means. You just don't throw everything away because sometimes things don't go your way. Someone whose love is conditional on you being a good person all the time is not someone who really loves you.
>>
Would Hank eat at Bob's Burgers? Would he enjoy it and come back? Would they get on?
>>
>>81876413
Is bob's grill powered by propane?
>>
>>81875516
this. except spelled properly
>>
>>81871084
You're not married, are you OP?
>>
>>81876413
both are a bit weirded out by eachother nebbish demeanor. their unease turns to hate when he refuses Bob's burger because it's too greasy and cooked on an electric flat top. leading into a tirade about propane which Bob disparages.
>>
>>81876370
that and your family knows you and accepts you for all the fucked up ways you already are. as a result the belchers are tightly-knit as fuck. bob aint perfect himself, and the family all knows and doesnt give any shits because theyre just as bad.
>>81876413
I think they would bond over how much they both hate the whole wharf tourist trap scene
hank would suggest propane to him, but know a good burger when he tastes it. at least it's not charcoal. you can still taste the meat and not the heat on an electric grill.
plus he'd appreciate the fresh local ingredients, and the beer.
bob would politely decline propane saying it's hard enough to afford the place as it is without retrofitting the kitchen
he'd still leave his card with him at the end, despite strickland being a third of the way across the country
>>
>>81871084

If I had a buck for every man I've heard sigh and say "Happy wife, happy life" then look into middle distance for a moment, I'd buy myself a nice meal. Basically marriage is trading your independence and sense of self for love and a support network. It seems a good trade for most, but it is a trade.
>>
Bob is a good man. He loves his kids, despite them being hyperactive and insane half the time. He loves his wife, who is his biggest support and fan. He loves his relatively few friends - Teddy the contractor and Mort the guy who runs the crematorium next door - and enjoys being around them.

Bob is a good guy. He's just tired because he's a working man. But his family has given up a lot to help his dream come true. At the end of the day, Bob Belcher is a good guy.
>>
>>81876115
I'd ask this about Hank before asking this about Bob's family. Sure, Bob's kids are shittier, but they're still happy to spend time with him (sometimes). Same with Linda. Meanwhile, while Bobby is just lazy and makes dumb mistakes, he doesn't really care much about his father and generally avoids him. And I don't even have to tell you why Peggy is fucking awful. Not to mention he has to put up with Luann's autism, and, as a side effect, Lucky's autism. Plus, Bill and Khan. Hank is way worse off.
>>
>>81877265
>Bobby is just lazy and makes dumb mistakes, he doesn't really care much about his father and generally avoids him.
in the last few seasons when his character derailed maybe. true Bobby fucking idolizes his dad and wants to be with him at all times. THAT's what bugs hank so much
>>
>>81877524
Nah what bugs Hank is he's a dumb kid and easily swayed Hank is narrow minded not only in the sense he's particular about how things should be but he also expects everyone to already think like he does. so he explains a concept to Bobby, Bobby misses the point or takes it too literally, Hank has to clean up his mess. He likes being around Bobby when he gets the picture and they bond right
>>
>>81877852
that's what i meant. he likes that bobby wants to be around him (though he often has to be reminded it's out of admiration and not just absentmindedness) but wishes he was better at it
>>
>>81876413
Hank would stop by Bob's restaurant once, see the burger of the day and never come back.

He might end up a regular at Bob's dad's restaurant.
>>
>>81879828
okay you have a point there. he'd find it asinine.
but hot damn if he ate one, it might change his mind
>>
Maybe I'm not remembering but unlike other "adult" cartoon comedies they haven't really ever fucked over each in a serious way like in McFarlane shows where each one has a ton of episodes where members of the family just fuck over each other horribly, that doesn't really happen in Bob's Burgers. They're a weird group but they're not mean towards one another in such a way that would be relationship destroying.
>>
>>81871084
According to the kids, he ofter tells them how awful they are, so it might be a way to vent.
>>
>>81876413
I think they'd get along well enough, heck Bob's no weirder than any of Hank's friends(also I just realized Tina and Bobby would totally end up attracted to each other, and it'd be adorable)
>>
>>81876115
Because Hank had a shitty dad who wasn't afraid to show his contempt toward his family. Hank may be an asshole sometimes but deep down he doesn't want Bobby to have the same horrible childhood he had.
>>
>>81880883
bobby's basically regular-sized rudy with zeke's sense of humor, so... yeah probably.
>>
>>81871084
did you know in Albany it's called "Bob's Steamed Hams"?
>>
>>81880883
oh god I never meant to start shipping ideas thats it SHUT IT ALL DOWN.
>>
>>81880953
This. Hank knows what it's like to have a bad dad and has never wanted Bobby to think he was unloved. He just doesn't get Bobby sometimes/a lot of the time.

Bobby inherited Peggy's naivete, but bobby's a young man that in Hank's mind is to be more strong-minded than that.
>>
>>81871084
I was watching how shitty Linda treats him because she is an asspie and I thought "Bob should kill himself with the gas from the grill in the series finale."
>>
>>81877265
Everyone in Hank's life is either autistic, depressed, a cunt, or some mixture of the 3.
>>
>>81881489
And I thought that was more of a Utica term
>>
>>81871084

He's kind of the male counterpart to the sensible housewife with the self-indulgent lazy stupid husband trope.

People ask why these women put up with those men too.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.