[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DCUAOM Ranking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: zlykfjfo.jpg (159 KB, 615x580) Image search: [Google]
zlykfjfo.jpg
159 KB, 615x580
As the upcoming Batman: The Killing Joke film approaches I find myself lost. Normally I'd be tremendously
excited, but there hasn't been a decent movie in quite some time has there?

I wanna see where you stand, /co/. So rank them and tell me what you like about 'em.
>>
>>81868831
Subzero
Everything else
>>
>>81868831

>Good Tier
Under the Red Hood, Crisis on Two Earths, JL Vs Teen Titans, that one with most the bat family

>eh Tier
everything not mentioned

Gross tier
Flashpoint
>>
File: 1417058474081.png (152 KB, 438x420) Image search: [Google]
1417058474081.png
152 KB, 438x420
>>81870749
>JL Vs Teen Titans
>>
>>81870749
>Flashpoint
It was the last good DC animation movie besides TDKR. Actually ended up being better than comic itself.
>>
File: bait1.gif (33 KB, 814x1024) Image search: [Google]
bait1.gif
33 KB, 814x1024
>>81870749
>Gross tier
>Flashpoint
>>
With Bruce Timm working on this one and the voice cast they have, I'm not worried
>>
>>81868831

>REMINDER bTAMAN KILLS THE jOKER IN THE END
>>
>>81868831
I haven't kept up with these movies for a few years now, but I really dug CO2E and New Frontier.

Wonder Woman and First Flight were just sort of mediocre origin films that didn't really get to the heart of the characters for me. I don't understand why they are so hype.

I thought that Doomsday was underrated. People expected it to be exactly like the comics because people think you can condense 600 issues of storytelling into a 90 minute film for whatever reason. I was happy with the story they chose to go with.

Gotham Knight was also really cool.
>>
Does anyone else think Mask is incredibly overrated? Sure, it's entertaining, but frankly I thought Subzero and Return of the Joker were far superior DCAU movies.
>>
1. Batman: Under The Red Hood
2. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
3. Arkham Asylum
4. The Dark Knight Returns
5. Justice League VS Teen Titans
6. Wonder Woman
7. Justice League : The New Frontier
8. Justice League : War
9. Green Lantern : Emerald Knights
10. Batman : Gotham Knight
>>
I've liked all of them really, so I'm excited for this one. War was my favorite of the new animated films so far.
>>
>>81872348

Return of the Joker is VASTLY overrated.
>>
File: dcanimatedmovies.png (1 MB, 1316x1292) Image search: [Google]
dcanimatedmovies.png
1 MB, 1316x1292
>>
>Great
Red Hood, DKR, Superman vs The Elite,New Frontier, Assault on Arkham, Flashpoint, Doom, Crisis on Two Earths

Good
Public Enemies, WW, First Flight

Shit
Everything Else

>Pure Schwarbage
Batman and Son
>>
I'm not seeing Gods and Monsters anywhere in this thread, so are we just counting the ones that are adaptations?
>>
>>81873852
i consider it in my top 5
>>
>>81873852

I haven't gotten to it yet, so I can't chart it yet.

I don't know why I found time for Batman vs Robin but not that.
>>
>>81873757
But year one was shit tho
It has the same terrible voice direction, soundtrack and sound mixing that made all star superman unwatchable
>>
>>81868831
JL V TT was pretty good. Not like the early stuff they were pumping out mind you, but far better than the recent trash.
>>
>>81873786
>>81873757
Is superman vs elite really good?
I've refused to Watch it so far since its based off the worst superman comic ever written
>>
So nobody else liked Batman Year One i guess... Savages
>>
>>81868831

Everything after Flashpoint Paradox has been fucking terrible; the voice acting, the story, the pacing, the action, the animation.

I dunno why they thought moving in the direction they have was a good idea, but War was bad, Throne of Atlantis was wasted and the Batman movies with Damien have been utter trash.

And that last JL v TT... jesus christ, why was this made?
>>
>>81874610
›Terrible voice direction
›Had probably the best voice casting in all the animated movies

Hipster piece of shit
>>
>>81868831
Bruce Timm and other alumni are involved though. I don't think they've been a part of the recent continuity movies. He just did JL: Gods and Monsters which was an interesting elseworlds. I have faith this adaptation will be good. Mark Hamill will at least give it his all. He's been wanting to do it for years.
>>
>>81873757
Woah, i didn't know they were so many
>>
Top tier
Batman superman public enemies
Justice league doom

Pretty good
Under the red hood
Justice league crisis 2 earth's
Flash point
TDKR p1-2
Superman/shazam

OK tier
Frontier
Superman vs the elite
Assult on arkham

Boring
Son of Batman
Emerald knight
All star superman
Superman dooms day

Shit
Batman superman Apocalypse
Justice league war
>>
>>81868831
Fucking retardedthe postthe movie

Gods and monsters was great
>>
>>81872666
>3. Arkham Asylum
There was an Arkham Asylum movie?
>>
File: image.png (408 KB, 694x565) Image search: [Google]
image.png
408 KB, 694x565
>>81884001
You missed all threads with people furiously masturbating over Killer Frost's design?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.