[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Hawkeye run is the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: noto.jpg (78 KB, 475x720) Image search: [Google]
noto.jpg
78 KB, 475x720
What Hawkeye run is the best?
>>
>>81864128
Fraction/Aja
>>
any that don't include that anonying tumblr cunt kate
>>
>>81865396
Such as?
>>
>>81865396
>tumblr
what
>>
>>81864767
Seconded.

And I feel guilty for saying this, but I think I remember a run in... Secret Avengers I think, that was drugs-esque lots of fun and kind of Hawkeye-ish. I also liked that bit, even if not very good.

I'm not very into comics, so I may have said something awful. I... I just like fun and or touching stuff with not too much heroic stories.
>>
Well I really liked the Fraction/Aja run, even if many on /co/ say it's shit.

Don't care, I enjoyed myself while I read it. The fact that I started it after all issues were out probably helped, since I know those delays were very frequent.
>>
>>81864128
any that focus more on Kate than that boring loser Clint.
>>
>>81866260
>And I feel guilty for saying this, but I think I remember a run in... Secret Avengers I think, that was drugs-esque lots of fun and kind of Hawkeye-ish. I also liked that bit, even if not very good.

Ellis.
>>
>>81864128
That dog is stealing the pizza!
>>
>>81864128

Honestly a little pissed that Kate still has to share the Hawkeye name with that fucking prick.
>>
Fraction/Aja is the only actual like Hawkeye run. There are probably people who would argue various team stints have better runs with Hawkeye tho
>>
>>81866410
Oh, I don't remember which run was, but yes, I can see it be something from Ellis. Wouldn't be the first time I like something from him.

Is Kate a meme character? Honestly asking.
>>
File: Solo Avengers.jpg (105 KB, 300x461) Image search: [Google]
Solo Avengers.jpg
105 KB, 300x461
>>81864128
>>
>>81866897
>They will never even meet each other in the MCU.
>>
>>81866212
I guess because shes a woman whose purpose isn't to suck cock and show her tits that means tumblr cunt.
>>
>>81864767
this.
I've enjoyed previous short runs of Hawkeye. And I dig him in plenty of avengers books. But the Fraction run was easily the best.
>>
>>81866593
>Is Kate a meme character? Honestly asking.
what is a 'meme' character?
Seriously cos that term has almost no meaning anymore so I don't know what people mean when they use it half the time.
>>
the one where he's leading the Thunderbolts and banging Karla
>>
>>81867984
I think it boils down to mean "I don't like this", for most people.
>>
>>81867984
I mean, is she a character that anons and other people usually memeing? Like saying she's the best and Clint is shit in an ironic way.
>>
>>81869176
Ugh yeah I still don't think anyone has any idea what a meme actually is but as to the last bit not really. The two characters banter and joke with one another because theyre essentially partners with lighthearted dispositions.
>>
The upcoming Kate Bishop one.
>>
>>81866519
He's pretty good on the Thunderbolts.
>>
I love fraction/Aja's run... the art was refreshing and reminded me of David mazuchellis art in batman year one... and the plots and dialogue were charming
>>
>>81865396
Dont insult my waifu
>>
>>81869268
Well, that was my impression while reading. But I've just read a bunch of posts here since I've arrived to /co/ and I was really starting to think people was giving it the treatment other boards usually do to some characters.

I liked their dynamics quite a lot. Both characters have fun and complementary interactions.
>>
>>81864128
I like him in New Avengers as the super obvious spy.
>>
>>81864128
>that fucking Comic Vine watermark
>>
>>81871814
That's Comic Vine....
>>
>>81864767
I liked this too even though I don't like their version of Clint.
>>
>30 posts
>Only 2 mention Thunderbolts
There goes the userbase.
>>
>>81872045
Technically the last time the comic Hawkeye was really written well before he got Disassembed by Bendis and MCUed by Fraction. Also if you like TBs checkout the short ongoing by Nicenzia that he wrote pre-Disassembled.
>>
>>81871907
My mistake.
>>
I wouldn't say it's my favorite, but West Coast Avengers leader Hawkeye. There was a time where HAWKEYE gave orders to Iron Man. Can you imagine that happening now?
>>
>>81864128
Hawkeye and Mockingbird
>>
>>81872143

MCU Hawkeye is nothing like Fractions Hawkguy?
>>
Ronin Clint.

Also this variant is pissing me off. Fuck Lemire for butchering Clint. Fraction shat on him but not this badly.
>>
>>81864128
This is terrible.
>>
>>81871925
It's a great comic that has unfortunately ruined Clint's character.
>>
>>81873068
Yeah, Hunter from AoS is the MCU equivalent of Fraction's Clint (except more British), while MCU Hawkeye is just a more light-hearted and friendly version of Ultimate Hawkeye.
>>
>>81864128
JUST
>>
Fractionfag here. What should I read if I want more Clint in my life. I already v1 of Young Avengers for Kate (and Lemire's run, bleh).
>>
File: Hawkeye_Blind_Spot_Vol_1_4.jpg (91 KB, 600x911) Image search: [Google]
Hawkeye_Blind_Spot_Vol_1_4.jpg
91 KB, 600x911
These are both mini series but they capture how hawkeye used to be, he's a shell of his former self now. Save him Ewing
>>
>>81875282
New Avengers has a lot of Clint
West Coast Avengers
>>
>>81867026
MCU Lance Hunter is mostly a bowless Hawkeye.

It feels like it would be easier to get him using a bow and giving him a carny background than it would be to fix MCU Clint.
>>
>>81864128
West Coast and Solo Avengers, plus his 80s miniseries were he marries Bobbi immediately after meeting her.

Thunderbolts while he's leading the team.

Hawkeye and Mockingbird/McCann's Hawkeye run generally.

Fraction's run is fun, but Clint ends up coming across too incompetent, and started the whole "Kate Bishop: The Better Hawkeye" nonsense.
>>
The Avengers ones where he's a secondary character
>>
>>81876022
Lemire takes his incompetence twice as far.
>>
>>81876082
If one of the Hawkeyes should be less good at what they do, it should be the one who took up archery as a hobby after getting jumped in the park, not the one who's spent over a decade fighting gods with a bow.
>>
>>81876643
Its 2016.
>>
>>81876749
What's your point?
>>
>>81877546
That the older characters are losing popularity to the younger weaker characters.
>>
File: RCO008.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO008.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
Clint is still a very competent guy in fraction's run. He is just not trying to show himself to others. And he is, you know, a human being doing human scale things most of the time in his run, so no big awesome stuff to happen. Also, Kate is an overcomfident bit selfcentered teen, and that's why while going solo everything goes to shit for her in her adventures. She needs Clint, who is why more calm by now, and he needs her to put his shit together now and them because his issues.

It's a balanced relatioship. And Clint is still way better an archer than Kate, even if she's awesome.

Pic unrelated, sort of.
>>
>>81867026
Kill off his sexy MCU wife. Hawkeye grieves. Meets Mockingbird. Ta-da
>>
>>81878527
What is the pic (un)related from?
>>
>>81879095
I think "The Fury" might mean it's from the last version of Secret Avengers.
>>
File: 6596520652.jpg (112 KB, 852x479) Image search: [Google]
6596520652.jpg
112 KB, 852x479
>>81864767
>>
>A character's best run is by Matt Fraction

Yeesh...sucks to be a Hawkeye fan I bet.
>>
>>81879369
It wasnt that bad compared to later.
>>
>>81864767
This
>>
But where's Felicity?
>>
>>81864128
There was one.. it was called the Long Hard Shaft or something equally ridiculous. Great art, interesting solo Hawkeye story. Also, Fraction/Aja, though I'd wish they'd kept in mind this is a guy who K.O'd Abomination, joined the Justice League and overshadowed Ollie and had the whole Thunderbolts team on their backs once.

But really, I love the guy. Anything with him is awesome.
>>
>>81867931
She took over Hawkeye's book because she has a vagina. That's as tumblr as it gets.
>>
>>81882093
"took over" how? because she had her own solo arc without clint in it? the issues were alternating between them.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.