[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you fix MCU Thor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10
File: Thor.jpg (250 KB, 1048x1500) Image search: [Google]
Thor.jpg
250 KB, 1048x1500
How do you fix MCU Thor
>>
Away with toxic masculinity.
>>
>>81858504
/thread
>>
>>81858460

get Snyder when he gets fired after JL 1.
>>
>>81858460
Replace him with that lovable cyborg horse, Beta Ray Bill
>>
>>81858460
cast black women as Norse deities
>>
>>81858460
Stop nerfing him and his villains. Thats probably my only complaint. MCU Thor has never been shown what he can really do. For all intents and purposes he should be doing Superman-like shit.
>>
>>81858460
Get rid of Natalie Portman and her posse.
>>
>>81858460
Thor 1 is fine - a good set-up to the universe.

Thor 2 needs a lot of reworking. You need to explore the universe without making it seem cheesy, like Thor 2 actually did. You also need to better the villains. And either use Natalie Portman to the fullest or just kill off that character. Add consequences. Add Galactic politics into the mix - have Asgard be put into a bad place since they lost the Bifrost. They showed weakness and are now in danger of being supplanted by the other Realms, especially those pesky Dark Elves. Have the story be about Thor trying desperately to be a good prince, to give it an image of strength in these troubled times, but have his personal interests conflict with this need. He wants to help Loki/love Jane, and it's becoming increasingly difficult for him to do so without exposing/betraying his kingdom. THAT's your film.
>>
>>81858460
drop the sci fi aspect, go full magic and let them be god.
Also drop the romantic comedy, go full epic fantasy like LOR
>>
>>81858460
By giving it to WB.
>>
>>81858813
>>81860663

>or just kill off that character

Done
>>
>>81858460
-Jane
+Rick Jones
+Sif
+Enchantress
>>
I would have liked to see Jane and Thor connect by showing their respective worlds to each other and being mystified by what they experience, show stuff in Asgard and on Earth that are kind of similar so that the viewer can see that maybe it's not all that different deep down but don't have the characters stand around gabbing about it and make the connection for you, maybe let Selvig do some of that shit but definitely give him something to do other than be a crazy naked man. To that end I wouldn't have made Jane a scientist at all and kept her as a doctor/EMT/whatever, have Thor learn humility through her and throw in some gay message about what it means to be a hero.
>>
Simply put the Hulk in with him, do a buddy cop movie, have Planet Hulk like the fans want, and call it a Thor movie.
>>
Absolutely no humor and no light heartedness.
>>
>>81858813
didn't natalie portman left? or was it just a false rumor?
>>
>>81860663
too bad marvel wants FUNNY AND COMEDIC MOVIE
>>
File: I Have Sauce.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
I Have Sauce.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>81858460
You know, these movies are just as competent as any MCU movie. They aren't as crushingly awful as Incredible Hulk. They're not incoherent messes like Age of Ultron. They don't have plot holes like Iron Man 2.

Are they perfect or even particularly memorable? No. But the idea that's constantly seen on /co/ that these movies are on par with ASM2 or Green Lantern or BvS or Wolverine Origins is ridiculous.

Thor and Loki are perfectly fine and have one of the better dynamics in the MCU. Thor 1 was a fun little fish out of water story. Thor 2 was adventures in the other realms and more of Asgard which is what everyone asked for. Yeah, some of those realms were kinda bland. Yes, Maleketh and Laufey were kinda bland. But again, these are issues in almost every MCU movie and no one bitches about that.

Most of the complaints come from the romance stuff, which I get it, everyone wants a space viking epic, but just because its not that it doesn't mean romance is inherently bad. Thats a big part of most comics, especially Kirby's Thor given Jane was his tether to the mortal realm.

tl;dr i think these movies are okay, just nothing special, not deserving of all the hate
>>
Remove Portman
Thor 3 will be the best of the trilogy because her wooden ass is gone
>>
>>81858460
give him the helmet and make Loki less prominent
>>
>>81858460
Reboot it with new actors and pretend the other thor movies don't exist. They're unsalvageable at this point.
>>
Add Tessa Thompson.
>>
>>81862625
Confirmed not returning.
>>
>>81864972
And thanks gods for that.
She intentionally didn't tried to act to her best in Thor 2 just because she was buttblasted about it not being directed by female director.
>>
>>81865390
Isn't the character she played now the current thor in comics because she picked up mjollnir?
>>
>>81858460
More Sif
>>
>>81858460
>get rid of her bitch "love interest" or gave her a goddamn arc.
>give him his helmet
>make his armor look like actual comic book armor as supposed to wannabe tacticool shit
>>
>>81858460
You make it a Thor movie, not Natalie Portman's chick flick.
>>
>>81865605
You don't know what the word tacticool means, do you. His outfit in the MCU is shit, but thats because its looks like cheap plastic extra off the set of stargate.
>>
>>81858460
1. No Jane Foster
2. No Jane Foster
3. No Jane Foster
4. No Jane Foster
5. No romance
6. No comedy
7. Darker tone
8. More blood, gore and violence
9. Don't take place on Earth
10. Magic
>>
Give him Odin Force in Ragnorak. Like unnerfed actually comic Odin Force. And buff up Hulk to his comic power while you're at it.
>>
>>81866717
All of this except the "no comedy" bit. You can still be a dark movie and have brief moments of levity to break it up, and Thor is inherently jolly as a character in a lot of ways.
>>
>>81862536
thor and hulk smashing and drinking their way through the nine realms chasing loki or amora or whoever would be a great movie
>>
>>81867189
Hemsworth is still playing him so no it wouldn't.
>>
>>81858460

subtract Natalie Portman, add Beta Ray Bill
>>
>>81858460

It's completely fine as it's own thing. Brannaugh set a great tone for the character and his people.

Stranding him in new mexico to dick around with queen amidala for 60% of the movie was a mistake, though.

Science/magic shit is just quibbling over a pointless technicality, both are interchangeable in fiction.
>>
>>81867189
>leave a path of destruction and madness
>killed tons of people, destabilized regions
>finally catch up to Loki
>turns out Loki has been using them as weapons, leading them to where he needs them to cause the most damage
>now have a ton of enemies and there are power vacuums everywhere and a certain prince who happily takes charge
>Loki unites the disparate groups, some of whom have been fighting or ignoring each other for millennia, against their common enemy, convincing them that when he reigns in Asgard that its wayward prince and his alien friend will finally see justice
>final battle begins
>>
File: 1458965216107.jpg (154 KB, 900x1294) Image search: [Google]
1458965216107.jpg
154 KB, 900x1294
Make him Ultimate Thor for a movie
>>
>>81867389
Why is thor a nigger?
>>
>>81858460
They already did a great job in Thor 2.
>>
>>81867411
He's clearly in dark light and still rather pink. What are you talking about?
>>
>>81862536

this but also with Beta Ray Bill there too
>>
>>81858548

This is the answer.
>>
File: SkeletonOnComputer.jpg (38 KB, 503x418) Image search: [Google]
SkeletonOnComputer.jpg
38 KB, 503x418
>No Earth shenanigans
>No wacky sidekicks
>No Jane Foster
>More realms travel

Considering Ragnarok satisfies these conditions I'm willing to give it a chance. I was so done with Thor after TDW but I'm going to be positive
>>
Thor 1 and 2 are fine popcorn comic book movies.

That said, I hope they portray Ragnarok in appropriate full spectacle. half the movie working toward the battle, Surtur breaks free of Muspellheim, Hela leads the dead out of Helheim, Loki helps through the back door into Asgard.

Then a bloody, hard fought battle. Thor vs Jormundgandr should be epic. Though perhaps a shift from the myth and have Thor and Surtur kill each other rather than have him die by the serpent.

Even if they give some hope of him being resurrected at the end or in the post-credits, Odin, Thor, and Heomdal should all die gloriously in the film.
>>
File: drug store pig.jpg (65 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
drug store pig.jpg
65 KB, 600x800
>>81862680
sauce pls
>>
>>81867649
>from the myth
It's already not from the myth. It's MCU.
>>
>>81867411
>autism
>>
>>81862680
>They aren't as crushingly awful as Incredible Hulk.

wow kill urself senpai
>>
>>81867691

Well, Marvel has done like 3 or 4 Ragnaroks now, so they might as well go back to the myth for inspiration...
>>
Please no Beta Ray Bill. He's my least favorite part of the Simonson run. He wouldn't serve a purpose in the movie.

Though I do kinds hope the Hulk gets decked out in Asgardian gear and whips around a big axe or something, not just pounding things with his fist and "Hulk Smash"ing.
>>
>>81867791
Supposedly there's some Planet Hulk in play, so you'll probably get some armor on him.
>>
Give him a good third movie (and kill him.) Replace him with Beta-Ray Bill, or not at all.
>>
Give us the "hero loses everything" movie and have him be angry do-whatever-it-takes manbearded Conan Thor.
>>
>>81867791
Is simonsons run good from start to finish? I just finished Aaron's run and need more Thor.
>>
>>81868479
Hemsworth isn't capable of it.
>>
Since the next movie is Ragnarok isn't is sort of too late to fix him
>>
He's kind of been fucked up by the first two movies.

The first Thor movie was dull, but workable. IMO the second could have been a Viking era period film.
>>
hire Walt Simonson

and go crazy
>>
Sex scenes with the Enchantress

Make him a God
>>
You basically can't, because Thor kinda sucks.

Any time Asgard bullshit shows up in any Marvel thing, I lose interest.
>>
>>81858460
movie changes name to Loki.
Its a comedy, Darcy works for the avengers and its all about her job forcing loki to do good.
boom, get all the money, 40% on rotten tomatoes.
Loki 2 : the Lokining coming to you as a sequel 2k20.
>>
It's tough. The MCU movies are all very current: the villains are modern, the characters are young, even Captain America is very much a modern technological thriller kinda thing. Thor is ancient and his runs have often reveled in that, so I think you need to look at the modern takes on Thor and have some [UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISRAEL???
>>
baka desu senpai
>>
>>81867389
Fuck yeah
>>
>>81869347

Simonson's run is my favorite of the entire series. Good all the way through.
>>
>>81869530

Have you read his current Ragnarok series?
>>
>>81869394
You don't know that. Hugh Jackman did chick flicks for most of his career.
>>
>>81872636
Difference is that jackman can actually act, has presence, and most importantly, isn't a plank of wood.
>>
>>81858460
show off his strength more he's so under-powered in these movies I fucking hate it
more magic
more asgardian shit
less earth
less romance
>>
>>81871498
Not that guy, but would you recommend that series? I loved his art in Robocop vs The Terminator.
>>
>>81872866
"less earth" pretty much solves everything wrong with thor 2
>>
>>81858460
No "we are not gods." No "we do magic like science." No Jane Foster. No wasting time dicking around on Earth, just awesome space viking adventures.
>>
File: pat.png (76 KB, 247x215) Image search: [Google]
pat.png
76 KB, 247x215
>>81862680
>Incredible hulk
>bad
Exactly why is it bad? Did you just hear that is was bad from some YouTube critic or something? Come on, tell me why you think the film is so bad.
>>
>all these posts hoping for no Natalie Portman

She's already confirmed to be gone, guys.
>>
I heard that his helmet had problems which is why they didn't want to use it, sad cause it's already bad enough that Hawkeye doesn't have his mask despite it being easy to turn into tacticool shit, Cap might as well not wear his helmet cause it's always off 90% of the time, Stark always has to have that face cam shit
and Spider-Man is probably gonna take his mask off multiple times again but since it's a literal who actor maybe not
>>
>>81876496
>Spider-Man is probably gonna take his mask off multiple times again but since it's a literal who actor maybe not
I don't know.
It's kind of the point of Spider-Man that he's a very different person with the suit on and off.
The other characters don't really act any different whether they're suited up or not, but it's a very Spider-Man thing to "go into hero mode", so they'll probably try and keep a distance between Peter and Spidey.
At least if they know their shit.
>>
OP here
honestly thought this thread died
also 60 original posters with 77 posts, wow
>>
Thor needs someone to brawl with. The movies have too many scheming smart magic guys. It's time he has a good old fashioned Norse throwdown with someone like Ulik, Radioactive Man, Wrecker, Skurge, Absorbing Man, or Mr Hyde.
>>
>>81858460

-Jane
-Quips
-Bullshit Science
+Magic
+More Thor hammering skulls in
+Good Humor
+Add additional pantheons of religion, if you can. Make Thor the whole divine side of MCU
>>
File: image.jpg (258 KB, 699x722) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
258 KB, 699x722
>>81858460
Jolly adventures with The Warriors Three throughout the realms and some Captain Britain.
>>
>>81858460
>How do you fix MCU Thor

Make movies like Thor 1 instead of Thor 2
>>
make the tone a tad darker
don't have him depowered for 90% of the movie
don't make it loki the movie
stop having covering up Kat denning's boobs
>>
>>81865605
This. I have always hated that fucking rubber-looking armor. It should be battle damaged. Hell, even chain mail that had started to go to rust. Show the mileage...
>>
>>81858460
Up his power level a bit
>>
>>81858460
Eliminate his shirt from the franchise.
>>
less Jane more Darcy
>>
>>81878947
please marvel, I hate how underpowered Thor is goddamnit, he should've fucked Ironman up in the first avengers
>>
>>81858460
Make Asgard seem more mythic; less emphasis on the technological. This isn't as much of a problem as people make it out to be but at the same time Jane shouldn't be able to describe the workings of Asgardian technology/magic in our scientific lexis.

More subtle humour; Thor putting Mjolnir on the coat-hanger and Loki transforming into Captain America were good. Thor taking the subway to the final fight and Thor and Malekith sliding down the side of a building with comedy sound effects were not, not to mention how Selvig was turned into a wacky old man in the second film.
>>
File: 1453232901469.jpg (156 KB, 494x531) Image search: [Google]
1453232901469.jpg
156 KB, 494x531
>>81878598
>>81878312
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.