[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Marvel get rid of their baby? If they didnt want them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 736x789) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 736x789
Why did Marvel get rid of their baby? If they didnt want them to go down the kids route, yet, they could have at least still married them.

>I wanna see a K'un-Lunian wedding.
>>
No babies, no weddings
>>
>>81858435
Man, you're still salty that Luke is still with Jess. Which is never gonna change, I might add. I hope he gets some of his old character back, I mean it all depends on the writer. I mean jeez Danny reads like a new character entirely in the ANAD PM&IF, he can be goofball at times, but there he's an idiot.
>>
File: gorillalookingforbananas.jpg (20 KB, 387x243) Image search: [Google]
gorillalookingforbananas.jpg
20 KB, 387x243
>>81858635
This is a completely unrelated but similar matter

Weddings and babies are antithetical to cape comics because they imply progress and progress in the way of overhauling character relations and dynamics and development to a character is icky because it requires everyone to be all on the same page for several years. And that page is very boring because the core of the character created so many decades ago has been changed and now things need to be crafted around kung fu man married to a sassy black woman with a robot arm with a baby instead of just having kung fu man with sassy black woman with a robot arm as an optional accessory

I'm in the camp that believes Spider-Man getting married was a bigger mistake than OMD(though still retarded)
>>
>>81858988
Even though I wanna see Danny and Misty finally together, I can understand what you're saying. In the interim they may be un-married, but I'd still like to see a series set in a distant/untimed future, where they are formally together. Maybe following their adult children.

Superheroes can have kids, I think it's them having babies/toddlers in particular that can be an issue. Those kids have to be looked after, which ties their parents up from being independent superheroes. Damien Wayne whose a ten year old, with the mind of a 60 year old comes to mind as a good counter-point. No one needs to look after him and he has a mind of his own. Bruce doesn't have to work his schedule around him. Which seems to be one of your main gripes with how Luke Cage is now characterised. One of the biggest criticism from Alias fans is how Jessica's character is now just "Luke Cage's wife". So you're on alone. This is persisting in the new series, too.

Ah, I just think it's cute seeing them altogether. Like "First family of street-level" group or something.

>I still wanna see a K'un-Lunian wedding, though. Maybe one day.
>>
>>81858435
Wanda, stop!
>>
>>81858391
White male/Black female is oppression.
Black male/White female is diversity.
>>
File: Spider-Woman (2015-) 001-000.jpg (602 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Woman (2015-) 001-000.jpg
602 KB, 1988x3056
>>81858988
Explain this then
>>
File: faggot kung fu cakeboy.jpg (204 KB, 577x1013) Image search: [Google]
faggot kung fu cakeboy.jpg
204 KB, 577x1013
>>81860165
Cute fine, babies unfine, weddings unfine, future babies fine(a classic), delivery of future babies unfine

The problem with babies and toddlers is that for them to grow up time needs to pass and that's very bad with sliding timescale memery unless you reboot everything from the ground up to accommodate it. It hasn't really worked outside of the regular first family where there WAS NO sliding

>>81860477
An indication they don't know what they're doing. See the two party system in American politics for people not listening to their forebearers on dos and donts
>>
File: Capeshit.png (1 MB, 1589x900) Image search: [Google]
Capeshit.png
1 MB, 1589x900
>>81858391
>Why did Marvel get rid of their baby?
>>
>>81860432
How bad is the shit-posting gonna be when Luke/Jessica, Misty/Danny and Tyrone/Tandy are canonised in the MCU?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 385x209) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 385x209
Reminder: They are perfect for each other and are meant to be.
>>
>>81858391

I bet he fucks her ass too.
>>
>>81863039
I wonder how Misty's ass even is?
Her HAIR gets more focus then any other part of her body honestly.
>>
>>81863186
It's round, like an ass is?
>>
>>81860896
>future babies fine(a classic),
>delivery of future babies unfine

Explain.
>>
>>81864310

Rachel Gray
>>
If I had my way, comics would get rid of the sliding timescale and just reboot every 15-20 years.
>>
Speaking of babies, Uncle Danny playing with Danielle in PM&IF #3 preview was adorable.
>>
>>81860477
What's gonna happen with her baby, anyway?
>>
File: 1361080987959.jpg (404 KB, 700x643) Image search: [Google]
1361080987959.jpg
404 KB, 700x643
>>81864593

X-men is the best example of how Id do that.

Let each generation have their own team. Any new readers are stuck with their dads shit and honestly it's just not as fun becuase they don't get to grow up with anyone like we may have

in clinging to out own nostalgia we've robbed entire generations of their own
>>
>>81867107

he'll be sent away to an aunt and forgotten about in 2 years
>>
>>81867270
Will it be Carol? Nah, she's too busy prepping to be Marvel premiere super heroine.
>>
>>81860477
Wait is she trying to fight crime while heavily pregnant
>>
>>81868416
actually no but it's fun to meme as if she was
>>
>>81860477
she's heavily constipated
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 500x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 500x228
They're so adorable. <3
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.