[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is that one book you always re-read and keep and you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
What is that one book you always re-read and keep and you don't know why? its not ground breaking,or the best story you ever read but you always go back to it.

this is mine its actually a 2 part elseworld

>aliens come to earth and take over

>Superheroes are told if they are seen they will kill people

>all heroes leave (except batman he continues but doesn't let himself be seen)

>Clark puts himself in prison noone knows hes superman, Hal is burring body in coast city, Lex is now in metallo's body (calls himself metalex) the flash lost his legs and has robot ones and cant run.

>JLA reforms (with a random Superboy) to take out the aliens

good read for some reason
>>
File: Robin_Annual_Vol_4_3.jpg (63 KB, 400x607) Image search: [Google]
Robin_Annual_Vol_4_3.jpg
63 KB, 400x607
I loved Elseworld, it was kind of disappointing when DC retired the imprint because of how much there was still left to discover, especially with Convergence and The Multiversity

Robin Annual #3 is probably my favorite and really got me into Samurai Films and Japanese Period Dramas. What I loved so much about it is that that story (and Samurai Films & Japanese Period Dramas in general) is that takes the raw fantasy elements that are usually associated with Med evil Europe (Dragons, Fairies, Magic, Demons) and almost makes them seem tangible
>>
File: aztek.jpg (916 KB, 1266x1920) Image search: [Google]
aztek.jpg
916 KB, 1266x1920
Nowhere near Morrison's best, but I still love it. It's a real good introduction to a new character in his own book that we just don't see anymore. Shame how quickly it was quickly cancelled. Bigger shame how poorly he was utilized in Morrison's JLA.
>>
Elseworlds was good shit.
>>
The Dead Earth story's were great as well, real original
>>
Why did DC stop doing Elseworlds, anyway?

Marvel also dropped the regular What If? series, though they do release some one-shots now and then. Why?
>>
File: gmltpbdell.jpg (13 KB, 300x454) Image search: [Google]
gmltpbdell.jpg
13 KB, 300x454
This is just a fucked up ride through a fucked up world, but I'm amazed how I can still be appalled at how bizarre the world is every time I read it.

Also Martha is the most underrated GOAT
>>
>>81855411
They started getting really shitty towards the end.

I'm kinda surprised what if lasted as long as it did because nearly every one of those scenarios were retarded.
>>
>>81854657
Also shame too that he's dead, even today.
>>
>>81855581
wait hes dead, did they even bring him into nu52
>>
>>81855628
No. So I guess he's technically not dead. Unless we're told different we can imagine he's still in training or something.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.