[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of The Punisher? Is he just an edgemaster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1460618753606.jpg (895 KB, 1256x1920) Image search: [Google]
1460618753606.jpg
895 KB, 1256x1920
What does /co/ think of The Punisher?

Is he just an edgemaster who forgot hos fedora?
>>
Punisher isn't REALLY an edgemaster in the truest sense, since he's usually targeting really horrible criminals instead of religious or political institutions, and also because he's really more crazy than he is edgy, what with the murdered family and everything
>>
>>81851663
He lives ON THE EDGE
>>
>>81851663
Punisher MAX is My favourite comicbook of all time
>>
>>81851702
This. Usually people who go out of their way to be "edgy" make a point of lambasting respected elements of the culture, the establishment, authority. Frank's not like that, in fact, he has a pretty hard rule against killing cops. He's doing the same thing the other heroes do, he's just taking it farther than most of them.
>>
>>81851663
Not really. Edgemasters usually can't keep their mouths shut. Punisher doesn't preach any philosophy of nihilism or anything like that: he just sees a job, and does it to the best of his abilities.

Because if he ever stops working, he'll probably turn the gun on himself.
>>
>>81851663
I wonder if anyone would take Punisher just as seriously if he was wearing a fedora all the time.
>>
File: Jake.jpg (201 KB, 800x752) Image search: [Google]
Jake.jpg
201 KB, 800x752
>>81851663
You are confusing Frank with Jake
>>
>>81851663
He's a sad man with some backeards philosophies, but I still love him and want to make him my husbando.
>>
>>81851764
Other heroes put a band-aid over a problem.
The Punisher FIXES it
>>
>>81851832
>where do you live
>on the edge

My eyes sliced in half just reading that
>>
>>81851780
I mean he never seems to shut up with the internal monologue,
>>
>>81853196
Sort of has to be that way. He's not a very talkative person and he rarely has regular allies or supporting characters to talk to (particularly in MAX) so a lot of his character work has to come from internal monologues.
>>
>>81851663
>Is he just an edgemaster who forgot hos fedora?
You will never be as sick and tired and bored and jaded of buzzwords as I am.

This is an emotion you are too mentally enfeebled to know.

You're protected from it by your weakness.

Congratulations.
>>
File: is dis nigga serious.jpg (104 KB, 412x814) Image search: [Google]
is dis nigga serious.jpg
104 KB, 412x814
>>81851663
>is Punisher a fedora?
>same thing as "is Punisher a male feminist / whiteknight?"

... No. No he's not.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.