[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
they cant have serious conversations in costumes thats just absurd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 652.jpg (8 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
652.jpg
8 KB, 290x174
what does it take to make a character have an emotional connection with its audience?

what were the best books you read that did this?

What does character development mean to you?

What were the best books you read that did this?
>>
ok to be fair it does look silly after a while

just watch daredevil or flash, for anything prolonged they at least take the cowl off
>>
>>81850323
Don't make the movie too serious and it won't be a problem.
>>
>>81851337
>>81851288
Make the characters compelling ant it won't e a problem either. And Superman especially has no fucking excuse. He doesn't wear a mask so he can emote just fine. If it bugs you that much just frame him from the collar up instead of going "NOPE CAN'T HAVE HIM TALK TOO SILLY BETTER JUST BLOW UP THE ROOM"
>>
>>81850323
I'm fine with the mask coming off if it's absolutely destroyed and there's no point in keeping it on, but even then Spider-Man 1 had him keep the mask on anyway and the last fight could still be taken seriously when they were talking.
>>
>>81851288
>ok to be fair it does look silly after a while

>just watch daredevil or flash, for anything prolonged they at least take the cowl off

Or just watch interrogation scene from the dark Knight or the last Joker/Batman conversation. And then ask Snyder to kill himself with you.
>>
>I made my superhero movie so grimdark and serious that I thought it was silly if these superhero characters actually talked to each other in their costumes
Sounds like a problem of your own making, Zack. You fucking faggot.
>>
>/co/ can't accept an auter's vision because capeshit demands colored spandex
>>
>>81851905
Fuck off to /tv/.
>>
>>81851419
>NOPE CAN'T HAVE HIM TALK TOO SILLY BETTER JUST BLOW UP THE ROOM

I think that's the scene that disappointed me the most in the movie. I get why the room was blown up.

But I was really hoping for a scene where Superman actually explained himself and gave some heartfelt speech.
>>
>>81851940
Superman doesn't need to explain himself.
>>
>>81851683
That still looked silly
I was laughing along with Joker
>>
>>81851940
That would been extremely out of place and would sweve no purpose.
>>
>>81852066
Senpai you really need to fuck off back to /tv/. Be a Snyder apologist there.
>>
>>81851288
Are you forgetting the rooftop scene in the latest season of daredevil, that is prolonged and DD is in costume the entire time.
>>
>>81852163
Are we talking about the acene with the punisher where he draws attention on how ridiculous it is for a guy to be jumping around in city on a costume?
>>
>>81851683
the last joker/batman conversation worked because it was short and had batman being menacing - which he can't be for a long conversation with multiple people
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.