[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Luke Cage - Black Mariah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Black Mariah.png (843 KB, 618x456) Image search: [Google]
Black Mariah.png
843 KB, 618x456
So Luke Cage is really going to adapt this character?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/alfre-woodards-luke-cage-role-revealed-as-mariah-dillard

Kek. Good luck
>>
>>81848487
Well? What about it?
>>
>>81848487
I fail to see what's so incompatible about a corpse theif, especially considering the growth industry of organ theft these days.
>>
>>81848487
>WHO WUZ
>WE WUZ
>>
File: Black Mariah 1.png (2 MB, 620x917) Image search: [Google]
Black Mariah 1.png
2 MB, 620x917
>>81848524
Oh nothing. Nothing at all.
>>
>>81848552
>considering the growth industry of organ theft these days.
Really?
>>
>>81848487
lighten up on the coon speak and it's Madea.
>>
>>81848589
yes, theft of Organs from corpses is a growing black market industry. What is surprising about this?
>>
>>81848573
Are you really getting pre-emptively offended by someone possibly being offended in the future?

PROTIP: the actress isn't fat and Cage in JJ didn't talk all sorts of jive turkeys, so I'm not what you expect here.
>>
>>81848664
I'm just poking fun really. I'm sure they've got a less cartoonish while keeping the same general idea of the character. I just think it's an interesting choice to work with, rather than say, Gideon Mace or something.
>>
>>81848524

She's like the Kingpin but black, a woman, and poor.

Alot of Cage's villains were racial caricatures. I liked Cottonmouth, myself.
>>
>>81848746
>I liked Cottonmouth, myself.
Well good, because he's in the show, but I don't think he has that baller facial hair.
>>
>>81848717
Cartoonishness aside, she seems like a more unique character than him.
>>
>>81848787
If they go with the whole "opportunistic body snatcher scam" route, then yeah.
>>
>>81848487
why do they call her black if all of them are also black?
>>
>>81849108
It's a play on the phrase "Black Maria" for a cop car that takes away a criminal.
>>
>>81848487
Black Mariah also showed up in the latest volume of Power Man and Iron Fist, right?
>>
>>81849375
I wouldn't know. I found it kind of unreadable. Danny was too annoying.
>>
>>81849375
Yes, she has a track suit now.
>>
>>81848573
So, does Black Mariah have any powers? How the hell could a morbidly obese woman possibly keep up with Luke Cage?
>>
>>81849506
I think it's kingpin style "fat with a bunch of muscle under it". She certainly doesn't seem like it comes from her being sedentary, considering how she can slap her boys around.
>>
What the hell is this? Is she Jamaican or something?
>>
>>81851173
Nah, just a Black woman written by a White man.
>>
>>81851228
I literally have to pause to go over every word, my eyes are just glazing over her dialogue.
>>
>>81851228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INH2eis_Hlg
>>
>>81849459
she got younger, too.

Or just lost weight.
>>
>>81852180
She kind of looks the same as she did in her first appearance, except skinnier.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.