[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
unsounded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: chitz is gonna kill you.jpg (283 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
chitz is gonna kill you.jpg
283 KB, 600x900
Stop memeing boo
>>
>>81843040
Duane's one weakness, children being children.
>>
>>81843040
Can't wait for Jivi and Matty to start liking Duane. It's gonna be cute.
>>
>>81843040
Someone needs to crop that first panel.
>>
>>81843040
The D'awws have returned.
>>
>>81843040
can't unnotice that the threads hanging off Boo's arm in panel 4 look like a dick
>>
>>81843040
Is Duane going to become his second dad?
>>
File: 1435951711635.png (132 KB, 179x291) Image search: [Google]
1435951711635.png
132 KB, 179x291
>>81843040
>Matty taking a genuine interest in Duane as a person

Aaaaaa my heart can't take this

Figures it would take a naive blind kid to show the corpse man some decency
>>
>>81843821
Oh man, I can't wait for Duane to start ragging on Quigley for being a shitty dad. I really mean that, it's going to be awesome.
>>
>>81843821
Probably when Quigs inevitably bites it.
>>
Congrats Duane your first human friend in 6 years.
>>
>>81844214
Hey! Sette is certified human!
>>
>>81844214
I think he had friends when he was working as a scrivener.
>>
>>81844312
He likely had frequent clients and acquaintances but I'm not sure if he had any friends. Ssaelits are not very well received outside of Alderode and his faith is such a large part of his character that it'd be hard to connect with someone without disclosing it.

Even the few fellow Ssaelits he met in Sharteshane he kept apart from because he saw himself as a damned thing. Ashley spoke about one time a Ssaelit wanted him to preside over his wedding in the Ssaelit manner of things and he refused because he didn't want to taint their marriage by association with him.
>>
>>81843416
Duane is best dad
>>
>>81844743
>>
Dadelier Intensifies
>>
>>81844763
bless this new family
>>
File: don't cry.jpg (69 KB, 660x550) Image search: [Google]
don't cry.jpg
69 KB, 660x550
>>81844439
>Ashley spoke about one time a Ssaelit wanted him to preside over his wedding in the Ssaelit manner of things and he refused because he didn't want to taint their marriage by association with him.
>>
Perception Glamours probably wouldn't work on Matty anyway.

Any chance you could post that first panel without the text, Ashley? I know you're here.
>>
File: A_Familiar_Boo_by_ShardGlass.jpg (198 KB, 800x581) Image search: [Google]
A_Familiar_Boo_by_ShardGlass.jpg
198 KB, 800x581
How long until Duane is teaching Matty pyramy?
>>
File: Interesting reaction.png (190 KB, 352x251) Image search: [Google]
Interesting reaction.png
190 KB, 352x251
>>81845802
Is there a reason that Quigley hasn't? I think he and Mattie are from the Aldish class that is known for pymary.

Of course, Duane would teach anybody who wants to learn.
>>
>>81843497
That's exactly what Ashley wants you to do.
>>
>>81845922
He doesn't want Matty to go down that road. Plat child wrights are magic-slinging cannon fodder on the front lines. Plus, Vienne was a brilliant wright and look where that got her.
>>
>>81846262
They are already on the run, so it doesn't seem likely that Matty is going to get exploited in such a fashion.
>>
>>81845922
Quigs has a huge chip on his shoulder about Aldish traditions, which say Plats are only good for pymary or being whores. Becoming a powerful wright might be a prestigious thing for most people, but Quigs probably sees it exactly like training his son to be a prostitute.
>>
File: boo.png (121 KB, 228x245) Image search: [Google]
boo.png
121 KB, 228x245
>>81843497
here ya go

>>81846320
Still doesn't change his hard feelings about it. And it wouldn't be easy teaching him while constantly on the run, especially now
>>
>>81843982
>Figures it would take a naive blind kid to show the corpse man some decency

To be fair to Sette, she was explicitly told by Bastion he was "not a man", she had no reason to believe she was doing anything but carting along an obnoxious two legged Siri that wouldn't obey her outright
>>
File: Wolf sweater.jpg (307 KB, 599x2023) Image search: [Google]
Wolf sweater.jpg
307 KB, 599x2023
>>81846384
>Quigs probably sees it exactly like training his son to be a prostitute.
Sexy.
>>
>>81843982
>Figures it would take a naive blind kid to show the corpse man some decency

and now I'm seeing the parallel to that part of the original Frankenstein book where it gets to like 4 levels of story-within-a-story where the monster makes friends with a blind old man
>>
>>81843734
Sette's got no time for romance... but she's got needs.
>>
>>81845588
Ash already said they don't, I think. At least not the way they would anybody else. This page makes me think he senses something there but he can probably perceive under it anyway.
>>
>>81845802
Ya gotta post the text that goes with this one.
"Yuki was a quiet boy and though he didn't say much, he always was watching. One day he noticed how infatuated was his mentor Duane with the tiny mechanical spiders sold at an artificer's shop in Stormhaven. When the timing was appropriate, Yuki bought one of these expensive, magick-mechanical devices and gifted it to his dear friend. It was a charming contraption, clockwork and tin, designed to weave yarns and cloths for tailors. They decided to name it Boo. Duane was no tailor himself but he was a brilliant mage and enjoyed studying diverse thaumaturgical applications. He cherished the gift and Yuki was very pleased with himself.

Unfortunately, Duane was a zombie. His entire unnatural existence depended upon the strength of both the curse that condemned him as an imprisoned soul in his own body, and on his own powers, which struggled to keep that corpse from rotting so quickly he couldn't function. Magicks worked by men are never so very miraculous however, and even Duane's precious preservation powers faltered on occasion. It was on a black night that he found himself barely able to walk, speak, or move for the flaws in his dead body, and in a moment of frustration, he saw in the tiny spider a cruel correllation. Boo was a creature of magick, helplessly controlled, and so was Duane. The zombie crushed the tiny construct and ruined it. Metaphor and symbolism are potent things to miserable poets.
>>
Chitz works like sonar, so Matty is totally immune to glamours and cannot see light constructs or ghosts.
>>
>>81845802
>>81847076

The next day however, Duane sorely regretted the deed and swore he'd do what he could to repair it. For a week he diligently researched summoning and clockwork, spiders and sorcery, and it was not long before he knew how he could undo his crime and salve his own soul. When he was ready, Duane gathered all of his research, the tools he would need, tiny sapphires for tiny spider eyes, the finest white silver for bristles, and strong steel and tin for components. All night he rebuilt the weaver's fragile carapace and unbent its legs, reshaped its crumpled abdomen and wound miles and miles of new silver silk into its little bulbous behind. When Boo was functional again, and its thin legs trembled with artificial life, Duane still wasn't satisfied. He held the shivering body close beneath his chin and summoned for it a soul and a life out of the magicks of the air and heart, and even out of a portion of his own eternal spirit. Little Boo was given its own will and its own capacity to love. Duane was very pleased. Now, though the spider might still be slave to magick and clockwork, it had the imagination that Duane had, and could imagine itself more than the sum of its parts.

Obviously not cannon anymore but... based Ash, Based Duane ;_;
>>
>>81846616
Yeah, but it's different here. The blind man couldn't see that Frank was a monster, but Matty isn't affected by Duane's glamour since Chitz gives him sonar vision.

Matty actually sees Duane plainer than anyone else in the cast.
>>
>>81847103
I shudder to think of what'll happen when Matty and Bastion eventually meet.
>>
File: 1440789605900.jpg (153 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1440789605900.jpg
153 KB, 500x500
>>81847296
Isn't Bastion still perched on top off that shed Duane's in. They're literally feet from each other.
>>
>>81844236
>friend
>>
>>81843123
What do you expect from a child lover?
>>
I want to touch Matty in places.
>>
>>81847089
How does he know Duane has a glamour on then?
>>
>>81851833
He literally sees through MAGIC eyes.
Plats are also sensitive to these things.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.