[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Zombie Simpsons >Zombie Spongebob >Zombie Family Guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: spongebob.jpg (249 KB, 1009x500) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.jpg
249 KB, 1009x500
>Zombie Simpsons
>Zombie Spongebob
>Zombie Family Guy
>Zombie Futurama
>And soon zombie Fairy Odd Parents and zombie Power Puff Girls

Why did so many late 90s early 2000s cartoons become zombified?
>>
Season 9/10 is looking pretty good though, but it's taking so fucking long
>>
File: 1314194533528.jpg (7 KB, 211x238) Image search: [Google]
1314194533528.jpg
7 KB, 211x238
>>81840599
>And soon zombie Fairy Odd Parents and zombie Power Puff Girls
>soon
>>
It's funny I just realized how inaccurate the phrase "zombie Simpsons" is. In order to be a zombie, you have to die and be reanimated. But the Simpsons have never stopped.
>>
>zombie 4chan
>>
what does zombiefied mean?
>>
>>81840599
there was never a zombie Futurama, the later seasons still had awesome episodes like Free Will Hunting and Prisoner of Benda
>>
>>81840599
>soon
lmao
>>
>>81840807
Fairy OddParents have been zombified for years, anon
>>
>>81840921
Basically dead, but still moving with no live, personality or effort. Being a shadown of what once was
>>
>>81840921

where it's the same product but it's not the SAME product.

like if you watch a season 5 episode of Simpsons, then a season 20 episode, you'd definitely notice how off the show feels despite it being the "same"
>>
>>81840599
>Why did so many late 90s early 2000s cartoons become zombified?

• Because they're lucrative.
• Because most people don't care enough to notice a decline in quality.

Everything rots eventually.
>>
>>81840599
spongebob seasons 9b/10 are looking good, though.
>>
>>81840599
zombie _____ is a term used by autists
>>
>>81840824
Don't call it a comeback
>>
>The Simpsons
>late 90s/early 2000s
>>
>>81842222
And "autists" is a term used by idiots with poor vocabularies.
>>
One thing that's missing from new SpongeBob is that it forgot that it's set underwater. Seasons 1-3 had all these gags and sound effects that gave the show a tropical underwater feel that no other show had. I wish they'd go back to that.
>>
>>81840858
>zombie zombie
>>
>>81840599
>zombie futurama

Nigga what? futurama ended pretty perfectly, the comedy never fell off like in family guy
>>
>>81840599

The 90s were pockmarked with attempts to revive 1970s properties, and the 2000s did the same to the 80s. Lack of creativity isn't a new affliction.
>>
>>81840824
but the simpsons is no longer animated. Just computer tweening like every other western cartoon now. And yet it's still going. That's pretty zombie like.
>>
>>81842490

Futurama faired better than most after revival but it still lost a bit of punch.
>>
>>81842490

I don't think Futurama ever went full zombie, but you have to admit it was getting a little tired at the end.

That episode on robosexuality actually made me want it to get cancelled.
>>
>>81840599

There's also a lot of late 90s early 2000s cartoons that ended really soon after it started. I don't think shows in general getting shitty after staying on air too long is a recent thing.
>>
>>81840599
>>81840599
Arthur, South park, maybe ducktales
>>
>>81840599
>Zombie Futurama
How?
>>
>>81840599
>late 90s early 2000s

It has nothing to do with the time period. Just about any long running series goes to shit at some point and stays on solely from stupid kids or people watching it out of habit. It's hard to stop doing something even if it's watching a TV show when it's been part of your schedule for 10+ years straight.
>>
>>81840599
DBZ and onward is zombie DragonBall
Dexter's Lab post Ego Trip is zombie Dexter's Lab
PPG hit zombie status as soon as it switched to digital coloring
New52 is zombie DC
>>
>>81842367
So we agree then
>>
>>81840599
Honestly, when a show's been going on for 15+ years, a drop in quality is to be expected.
>>
>>81842367
found the autist
>>
>>81842829
>DBZ
but DBZ was good up to the Android shit.
>>
>>81840599

Never notice old sponges body isn't a regular rectangle but goes outward. Weird but I like it because he's almost too square in current spongebob.
>>
>>81843967
Get off the internet.
>>
The last BIG mainsteam cartoon was Adventure Time, and that's only on one network, most adult shows that compete with Family Guy and Simpsons also flop or have a niche audience like Bob's Burgers or anything Adult Swim.

They've had to keep these old shows going and reboot other shit because nothing else is popular.

That or you will have clones of Simpsons, clones of Spongebob, clones of Adventure Time, etc, etc so nothing original is competing, it's just bad B tier shit. I mean Spongebob took the throne from Rugrats and those two shows are wildly different.

These shows will eventually just die some day like Rugrats or Ed, Edd n Eddy, or they will go on forever in different incarnations like Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes.
>>
>>81844579
>That or you will have clones of Simpsons, clones of Spongebob, clones of Adventure Time,

I fucking hate this so much. It would be really cool to see an actual cartoon that had a very serious story that wasn't from Japan air on television these days.
>>
Because the creators were obligated by the networks to keep the characters, style, and key concepts the same. The creative teams weren't allowed to reinvent or develop their shows in new & original ways, so it was inevitable that they would run out of steam and lose inspiration, no matter how hard they kept trying to be entertaining.
>>
>>81844708
Bojack Horseman?
>>
>>81844708
Tron Uprising
>>
>>81845675
Bojack was a really unfunny sitcom for about the first four episodes of season 1 until the story started picking up.
>>
>>81842829
Fun fact: post ego trip Dexter and seasons 5-6 of ppt both had Chris saving as showrunner
>>
>>81846720
>saving
*savino
>>
>>81844579
Yeah, but Rugrats actually became Zombified sometime after the Paris movie.
Pessimists will say Kimmie killed it.
Optimists will say it was isolated to All-Grown Up.
I think it was the Babysitter.
>>
>>81840599
I kinda like the rougher asymmetrical look of '99 SpongeBob. '14 SB is rubbing me the wrong way.
>>
>>81848076
i think that's what the image is going for
2014bob is a being with no soul, no raison d'etre
a zombie
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.