[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/ Films with Good Pacing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: herculesai.jpg (188 KB, 750x1104) Image search: [Google]
herculesai.jpg
188 KB, 750x1104
ITT: /co/ movies with phenomenal pacing

Origin Story!
Romance!
Conspiracy!
Monster Fighting!
Grecian Ragnarok!
Herc's Inferno!

And they managed to fit all that into just 93 minutes!

The only film that comes close to being so superbly structured in my opinion is Kung Fu Panda 2.
>>
>>81840106
Huh, been a while since I watched it and it defiantly doesn't feel constrained by the 93 minutes. Though i will be honest, the first couple scenes kind of drag on.
>>
>>81840106
Hercules had a lot of problems, but yeah I don't feel like pacing was one of them.
>>
>>81840106
ORCMGH?
>>
That poster is hype as fuck.
>>
>>81840106
I CAN GO THE DISTANCE
>>
>>81840106
oh man, I haven't seen that poster so I assumed it was for an announcement of a live action remake
thank god
>>
>>81842234
This fucking song
has been stuck in my head
for almost twenty years
>>
OP hasn't seen The Incredibles. Easily the best paced film in all of animation.
>>
>>81842304
I just liked how Herc could kill anyone in his life up to that point with a single finger.

It's like Man of Steel showed a similar thing happening to Clark, but Hercules was more light-hearted and downplayed the potential death he could cause.
>>
>>81842377
I like how Herc is an unapologetic meathead.

Even by the end of the movie, he relies more on his heart and his muscles than his brains.
>>
>>81840106
First, define pacing. Then we can come to some type of agreement.
>>
>>81842451
Its just about being true to yourself
He isn't smart, but he's strong and he still wants to use that to make the world a better place
>>
At the end of the movie when he had his God powers, why didn't the punch that sent Hades into the Toilet of Souls take his fucking head off?

I mean, he had pissed him off by incorporating Meg into the conversation, so he probably wasn't holding back. Do all gods have durability feats? Hercules essentially broke everything in Hades' finger at his baby shower, when he still had his god designation.

I need to go to sleep.
>>
>>81842814
Because Hades is a god, and god's don't die unless the world is beginning or ending.
>>
>>81842889
This isn't Norse mythology though.

Nor is it the same pantheon from God of War, it's Disney. This movie came out during their Renaissance, when Disney didn't shy away from the aspect of death (Mufasa getting trampled, Scar torn to shreds by hyenas, Clayton getting hung, that whole village in Mulan, etc...).

Considering all the "Jew Disney" excuse we hear, you'd think they would enjoy killing Gods.
>>
I've always wondered what makes pacing good or bad.
>>
>>81843151
Hades' arc in the movie is actually a classic Greek tragedy. He gets an ill omen, spends the entire movie trying to avoid it, with each step only bringing it closer.

So in the end, he's consumed by the very thing he wanted to escape, and it's his own damn fault.
>>
>>81843214
>I've always wondered what makes /co/ think they know whether the pacing is good or bad
FTFY
>>
>>81843259
What was the deal with the animated series though.
>>
>>81840106
>musical
You know that's pretty much cheating, right?
>>
>>81843978
Kung-Fu Panda 2 isn't a musical
>>
>>81843151
How do you Kill death?
Aside from strange aeons, I mean.
>>
>>81843214
there's actually percentages they tell you to use when writing a script. the closer you can hit them, typically, the better off it turns out.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.