[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not sure what I want Wonder Woman to be like. Naive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: Wonder_Woman.png (91 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_Woman.png
91 KB, 333x250
I'm not sure what I want Wonder Woman to be like.

Naive to the modern world?
Motherly and kind, but condescending?
Likes combat, but doesn't jump into bar brawls?
>>
>>81834573
If you're a guy then it doesn't matter what you want her to be like

So you can sleep easy tonight, anon
>>
>>81834573
Bisexual bondage lady Superman with a sword
>>
>>81834573
Swole, she needs to be fucking swole.
Also,
Why didn't Gal Gadot get any backlash after the film when she blatantly lied to the fanbase saying she would get wondy's figure, and stayed the same fucking model weight she was when she got the casting backlash.
>>
>>81834677
Such a boring bait
>>
>>81834573
Her naivety is a point for character growth. Everything else you listed has to be maintained in delicate balance, and when said balance is disrupted, she must know she did wrong and regally apologise and strive for greater perfection. That's the way I love my Wonder Woman.
>>
>>81834813
Oh shut the fuck up
>>
File: ForgetIt.jpg (306 KB, 1024x515) Image search: [Google]
ForgetIt.jpg
306 KB, 1024x515
>>81834946
>>
>>81834869
This. Fucking this.
>>
>>81835006
Batman please have sex with the Amazon princess!
>>
File: 1262765417927.jpg (51 KB, 610x405) Image search: [Google]
1262765417927.jpg
51 KB, 610x405
>>81834573
>I'm not sure what I want Wonder Woman to be like.

You don't read comic books, do you? Be honest.
>>
>>81835168
Some, but not a lot. Superhero comics only since a few years back. Mostly prefer toons when it comes to superheroes.

I'm sure you know of one definite version of wonder woman that all writers adhere to and never stray from.
>>
Is that supposed to be relevant in any way, as some sort of clever comeback? If so you've goofed
>>
>>81834573
Best direction you can take her is sorta like one of those hot-blooded anime heroes. Loves fighting and looking for a challenge, but is also really cares about justice and honor. Sees the world outside Paradise Island as weak and vulnerable, in need of a protector, like when you see a family of birds making a nest in your yard and you do what you can to keep neighborhood cats from eating them. This leads to her constantly underestimating mortals and being pleasantly surprised by their tenacity.
>>
>>81834573
>I'm not sure what I want Wonder Woman to be like.

No one ever did. Her eternal basis is to be a bland feminist symbol flavored with bondage fetishism.
>>
>>81834869
Nigga, are you me? That's how I see her too.

This Warrior Woman fight-first-talk-later era has been very hard on me.
>>
>>81835505
More like a bland bondage fetishism symbol that feminists don't see the irony in backing.
>>
>>81834573
"Happy to be here" adventurer with a nurturing side. Clumsy in her ministrations at times due to her sheltered upbringing, but well-intentioned and sincere.

Often with her feet on the ground to make her more approachable.

Comes to understand that fear, hatred, and shame are the true fonts of evil, not men specifically.
>>
>people who don't read comics talking about what they want comics to be

Stupid.
>>
>>81834573
I want Wondy to keep getting good fights.
>>
>>81835006
Batman's true love, CRIMEFIGHTING.
>>
I want Wonder Woman to be my mistress
>>
>>81835846
Sword or no sword?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avkfP75pyGc
>>
Justice league war was cute for her, I like that
>>
>>81834774
Because everyone was too busy complaining about all the other stuff they didn't like.
>>
>>81834573
The first two are a matter of progression. Yea, when she first gets off the island there should be some unfamiliarity with how the world works. And while always helpful and caring the motherly thing is something that developes over time.

The liking combat is bull shit.
The condescension is acceptable.
>>
>>81836005
>The first two are a matter of progression. Yea, when she first gets off the island there should be some unfamiliarity with how the world works.
I guess some naivety disappears over time, but she should still have an outsiders perspective to differentiate her?
>>
>>81835898
>that elbow drop
I love Wrestle Wondy.
>>
Wonder Woman is a character who will never be written in a consistent way. Too many people want her to be different things that contradict each other. Sometimes shes written as a mothering woman of peace, and other times shes written as an aggressive warrior woman. Its hard to get invested in a character that keeps drastically changing in every single run she has.
>>
How about "man hating dyke that won't leave the island ever to show up in any comics"
>>
>>81834774
Nigga she has super strength. She doesn't need to be swole, she has never even been portrayed as swole. Wonder Woman is not a body builder, at best she has lean muscle.
>>
>Idealistic but a fierce warrior
>Outsider
>Compassionate but patronizing
Would a good comparison be Rosa Quartz?
>>
>>81836780
Yes.
>>
>>81836775
>Nigga he has super strength. He doesn't need to be swole, he has never even been portrayed as swole. Superman is not a body builder, at best he has lean muscle.

Your lies are dumb and you should feel dumb
>>
What is Wonder Woman's opinion on sex positive feminism and the slutpride movement?
>>
>>81836775
Castration is always an option
>>
File: wew.webm (346 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
wew.webm
346 KB, 720x400
>>81834774
Because sad to say, she was the best part of the movie.
>>
>>81838168
That doesn't really disprove my point.
>>
File: Fun.jpg (53 KB, 325x481) Image search: [Google]
Fun.jpg
53 KB, 325x481
This was fun
>>
>>81834573
Enamored with the outside world and spends a lot of free time studying history and culture, picks up on languages very quickly. An inherently good person with strong Amazonian values of right and wrong. Doesn't like combat but sees the necessity for it and the honor in defending the weak. Not afraid to kill in self defense until maybe after she joins the league and gets some input from supes and batman.

Take away her flight, give her a military stealth jet or maybe the boots of Hermes or something like that. Than diversify her arsenal, give her more swords and bows and spears. Have her fighting more monsters than people.
>>
>>81838580
She looks like a horse.
>>
What is Wonder Woman's character? I've been reading Perez's run and it seems like everything around her is more interesting then herself. I started Azz's run and she seems like more a straight warrior woman now but she still doesn't seem to have much of a personality, an interesting one at least.
>>
>>81839061
>Take away her flight
I was with you right up until this point.
>>
>>81839613
Has it ever been explained?
>>
I don't know about swole but she should definitely have an Ariel Khadr type build
>>
>>81839464
That's never stopped /co/ before
>>
>>81840235
Gift of the gods. Magic and shit.
>>
>>81835770
>people who read comics trying to pick out the version they like best out of the multiple interpretations of the character
>>
File: fuck yeah.png (11 KB, 416x273) Image search: [Google]
fuck yeah.png
11 KB, 416x273
>>81840380
>>
Like a badass with tits and muscles and an invisible jet for some reason
>>
>>81835876
>>81835006
gatdam, Batman's just too pure.
>>
>>81840664
>an invisible jet for some reason
What is the best reason for that?
>>
>>81834573
JUST MIX IT ALL UP
>>
>>81840670
Married to Justice Batman should be the only Batman. Any other version is inferior.
>>
>>81840681
Its funny and cool
>>
>>81835898
>"submit"
>yes m'am
>>
>>81838349
Shit like that made me hate her, just so... out of place with everything before it.
>>
>>81834573
Make her innocent and cute, due to her sheltered upbringing she looks at everything wide eyed and curious. When she's not fighting, she's idealistic and is always looking to learn more about the human world, trying new things like cooking and golfing.

If she gets into a fight, she uses her motherly instincts to appeal to peace first but once she knows that the option is impossible she uses her experience and skill to bring the resolution to an end in a swiftest manner no matter the brutality. There's too many rah rah STRONG WOMAN charges into fighting archetypes and having a woman character that's not only the epitome of femininity while being able to use a woman's wrath when appropriate is hard to do.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.