[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For me, batman rebirth is the chance to work with and learn from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: BM_REBIRTH__copy.jpg (39 KB, 300x461) Image search: [Google]
BM_REBIRTH__copy.jpg
39 KB, 300x461
For me, batman rebirth is the chance to work with and learn from Scott to see how he uses layered themes to elevate heroic action. Also I got Mikel to do shirtless sexy Bruce. So that's two things.

Tom king loves his fan service
>>
>>81833672
What exactly is the point of the Rebirth #1s? Do they tie into the big One Shot? How do they differ from the normal #1? Why does the new Batman #1 have such an awful cover?
>>
>>81833724
It's a one shot that comes after Rebirth one shot

It explains where the characters are and what to expect in the future for these stories

After that we get a new set of #1s
>>
>learn from Scott to see how he uses layered themes to elevate heroic action

He needs to stop being such a fucking obvious kiss ass. Does he not realize his few works already take a gigantic shit on Snyder's stuff?
>>
>>81833992
>Relaunch with two #1s for every title
Your move, Marvel!
>>
>>81833992
Why not just make the explanation of what to expect the #1 of the series...and then make the other #1 the #2?
>>
>>81834030
Snyder does write good comics, to be fair

just not good Batman comics
>>
>>81833672

>Tom King is doing Batman

Cool.

>He considers Scott Snyder's run to be the GOAT and is going to use it as a heavy influence

Not cool.
>>
>>81834258

Probably because a many of those rebirth issues are going to be transitional. They want to reintroduce the characters or reestablish new status quos, and then the actual #1 begins the ongoinf story
>>
>>81835499

The Court of Owls and Zero Year were great. As long as he doesn't take "JOKERJOKERJOKER" to be what makes Batman good, we're fine.
>>
>>81835499
Do you honestly expect King to say "Snyder's run was shit"?
>>
>>81835588
If I, an anonymous person on the internet, can call Snyder's run shit, why can't a professional who works him call his run shit?
>>
It's amazing how much King managed to kill my hype by constantly praising Snyder
>>
>>81833724
Because David Finch drew it.
>>
>>81833672
>Rebirth DC = All Faggots
meh, i know were i'm not wanted
>>
>>81835852
Because he's a professional and publicly shitting on your colleagues work is poor behaviour and an easy way to get a bad reputation
>>
>>81835852
Because he has to work with that guy on a regular basis. Add to that the connections you get from being nice which can only benefit your career. C'mon guy, this is pretty basic stuff.
>>
>>81836127
Keep in mind most people on /co/ have never worked a day in their lives and live in their parents' basement.
>>
Daily reminder that Scott Snyder is not the worst thing to ever happen to Batman.
>>
>>81836178
That's a real shame. I'm part of the attic master race.

>>81835509
I can understand why they do it, but part of me feels like they should just dive into the new stuff.
>>
>>81834258
With Rebirth oneshots they'll have TWO #1s
>>
>>81836367
Gee, Bill
>>
>>81836455
Hey if Marvel can have #0 and #1 for CW2, nothing says DC can't have two #1s
>>
>>81836511
a #0, a #1, AND a FCBD prelude
>>
Gee Batman, why does mom let you have two #1s?.jpg
>>
>>81833672
>king learning about writing from Snyder

That was nice of you to say Tom, but I can't imagine it's true.
>>
>>81835499
Well Grayson followed up on Morrison's run pretty heavily, so I'm hoping we can get back into some Batman Inc era ideas and characters
>>
>>81833724
Rebirth #1 for a character is the bridge between the Rebirth Event and the characters #1 story.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.