[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh no, it's going to be Whor all over again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
Oh no, it's going to be Whor all over again
>>
I am like 99% sure they said Terry was Batman already.
>>
>>81830086
Yeah, they outright said it was Terry.
>>
>>81830050

I really hope they bring Terry back.

Tim Drake was a mistake.
>>
>>81830050
>Joker Batman
Interesting. It'll be Terry though
>>
>>81830086
Yeah they said it was Terry at the announcement panel
>>
>>81830164
>>81830185
To be fair, DC is probably banking on the fact that 8 out of 10 fans probably don't read any of the press shit. They'd probably be right.
>>
The most important question is if Inque will fuck his boipussy.
>>
Man I bitch about Wally but Terry really got fucked the hardest from nu52 huh?

it's pretty hilarious but still
>>
>>81830050
No, that's with Lois and Superman.
>>
>>81830050
>Oh no, it's going to be Whor all over again
That's the next MLP!
>>
>>81830375
He was treated really decently in Futures End, up to the point that he was killed.
>>
File: 1DLrtIV.jpg (178 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1DLrtIV.jpg
178 KB, 1920x1080
I was wondering what was up with that image from the rebirth event, If they're changing the suit up I'm surprised they'd be so restrained as to only make the eyes red and give the boots soles like a running shoe
>>
>>81831751
What the fuck did they do to the eyes?! Is that some sort of misguided throwback to Bruce Timm's style?
>>
File: 4599904-bb4a.jpg (418 KB, 1333x970) Image search: [Google]
4599904-bb4a.jpg
418 KB, 1333x970
>>81833563

I assume that's what Chang's been trying to do. For such a simple suit artists seem to have a lot of problems with it
>>
I hope we get an older Terry. After endgame.
>>
>>81830449
No man, the defining factor of the Whor debacle is that they stretched out the "GEE I WONDER WHO THIS CHARACTER COULD BE???" for an unreasonable amount of time, thus rendering it LITERALLY impossible to develop her character in the slightest. It was like the JJ Abrams mystery box transmuted into comics form, the worst kind of schlocky surprise twist pandering to keep readers coming back to guess all the inane mysteries. The shitty feminist social plotlines that felt like they were written by an 8th grader who just discovered Andrea Dworkin but were actually written by a man in his 40's trying to stay relevant were just icing on the cake.

If they try to pull a "who is this character? Read to find out!" with Batman Beyond it's going to be a shitfest.
>>
>>81830086
Thank god.
>>
>>81830050
>red soles
is there like a rule that says every good design has to be fundamentally fucked up?
jesus it's not that hard. we understood hte formula just fine when i was a kid.
boots are cool
ankle-length is not cool. thigh length is not cool. you want knee or just below knee.
it doesnt have to be a real boot, just a different color of spandex at that point on the leg
it immediately changes your outfit from 'boring normal clothes' to SUPERHERO
ditto gloves
>>
That joker-batman sounds like it make for a interesting comic.
>>
>>81834117
The thing that really makes the Batman Beyond costume really work is the simple style to it. Its the ultimate end-point tot he design philosophy Timm was aiming for, like a "high contrast photograph". Terry's suit is like he's always a living, stylized drawing of batman in the shadows, with only the eyes, mouth, Batlogo, and some of the belt poking out of the darkness. In more detailed styles he either looks like a weird naked man, or when it's redesigned to be more like armor and more detailed, it loses the whole appeal.
>>
>>81834802
It's been done.
>>
File: The Laughing Bat.jpg (23 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
The Laughing Bat.jpg
23 KB, 720x540
>>81835182
You mean this?
>>
>>81830050
where can we find a scan of the previews catalog?
>>
>>81830050

>Another new Batman Beyond

STOP FUCKING AROUND WITH A PROPERTY THAT WORKS DC
>>
>>81831751
Those eyes would work much better without the points going up towards the nose. Throws off the entire 'vector' of the face and makes him look almost sad / disappointed.
>>
They should just say his suit is made of vantablack and make it basically a moving shadow
>>
>>81830050
>>81831751
Wow, That looks horrible.
>>
>>81830237
there are people who actually think the new Wacky Race book is gonna be played straight despite the guy who made Happy Tree Friends writing it, they're not wrong.
>>
>>81830128
What a mystery gang!
>>
File: gl_terry.png (398 KB, 398x407) Image search: [Google]
gl_terry.png
398 KB, 398x407
>>81830128
>>
>>81830050
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WHY DOES LITERALLY EVERY ARTIST TASKED WITH RENDERING THE BEYOND SUIT FORGET THE FUCKING POINT BY SHITTING IT UP WITH POINTLESS SEGMENTING, HIGHLIGHTS, AND DETAILS?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>81830493
And he's actually coming back vs. original Wally still doesn't exist and never has in the New 52
>>
>>81835164
>>81834117
fuck just make it like batman's actual cowl with the bottom half missing but keep the rest the same
It ain't rocket science
>>
>>81840329

There's no need to be upset
>>
Please don't be Harper. Please don't be one of Harper's descendants.
>>
File: beyond3.jpg (710 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
beyond3.jpg
710 KB, 1920x1080
Well the suit looks retarded. Is it still post-apocalyptic shit with Brother EYE?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.