[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the IDW Transformers series good to read if I don't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: 250px-IDW_TF_vol1.jpg (53 KB, 250x388) Image search: [Google]
250px-IDW_TF_vol1.jpg
53 KB, 250x388
Is the IDW Transformers series good to read if I don't know much about the franchise? Finished playing Devastation and kinda want to read it, and I love the IDW Turtles series.
>>
>>81828623

start with Last Stand of the Wreckers.

and go from there.
>>
I started reading directly after the "All Hail Megatron" series and liked it alot up until they broke off into "More than meets the eye" and "Robots in Disguise".
>>
All Hail Megatron and the Dinobots mini-series are the only good shit they've done.
>>
>>81830401

Shit Taste Confirmed.

don't listen to him OP.
>>
>>81830452
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
File: Joe06.jpg (615 KB, 630x969) Image search: [Google]
Joe06.jpg
615 KB, 630x969
>>81828623
Yeah, of course where to start can be a bit hard. I'm going to second Last Stand of the Wreckers.

Also the GI Joe Crossover series is pretty fucking crazy.
>>
>>81830401
>>81830433
Don't listen to either of these people. Start with LSOTW, then go to MTMTE and RiD.
>>
>>81830489
no, you've bad taste man
>>
>>81828623
http://zandergb.tumblr.com/tagged/comic-guides
>>
>>81830621
This. Follow this advice but I'd also like to recommend OP read some of the G.I.Joe crossover, it's fun and worth a look.
>>
>>81830621
Nah, they need Chaos Theory as well.
>>
File: 1406323563366.jpg (421 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1406323563366.jpg
421 KB, 500x500
Everyone forgets about early IDW. Infiltration, etc were good guys.

Picture unrelated, but still superior.
>>
>>81831972
Yeah, but most people aren't interested in starting that far back.

Which is a damn shame. Especially when they're still occasionally being referenced.
>>
File: 10416.jpg (131 KB, 680x1024) Image search: [Google]
10416.jpg
131 KB, 680x1024
>>81831972
Gotta say what I loved most about early IDW minis was the build-up, Furmantastic dialogues, and the art. I mean damn, Su on -ations were fantastic, Roche's take on Kup was lively, Guidi is great as always, and post-DW pre-ongoing Don, the best Don.

And Sixshot, Monstructor, Doubledealer and Banzaitron got bigger roles (okay, Banzaitron not so much, but at least he appeared in person several times).

Shame about the rest of the Prime lineage, though. Nova as the sole asshole Prime was neat IMO.
>>
Is exRID out this week or next week?
>>
>>81835536
It's out on the 20th.
>>
If you want to go way far back, go for Infiltration. There are obviously some holes as the story progresses, but you can deal with them.

Looking back on the ongoing, I actually like the designs they made. Trouble was at the time it was too mmuch change to take because bayformers had come out and the random has a hate/like relationship with Michael Bay.

If you don't want to go through all that then start with Megatron Origins and All Hail Megatron and go forward from there.
>>
Just get the IDW Collection volumes and read'em in order. That'll get you up to speed.
>>
>>81837799
>Megatron Origins
Didn't they retcon a lot of things from that in Chaos Theory, -acy series(the one with mass exodus, I think?) and MTMTE?
>>
>>81830576
>Prime saving Grimlock in the afterlife

Warms me up considering their dynamic in most continuities.
>>
>>81838389
Nope, but certain events take place before and between parts of the story. The only thing it may contradict are the female Autobot cameos. Some Autobots appear to die, but they never say they do in the story.
>>
>>81838583
Oh wait, they also explained the female Autobot cameos with information creep.
>>
Here you go

Don't be fucking retarded and start at the beginning
>>
>>81839615

This
>>
IDW's main G1 series is its own universe, so you might miss some homage-y references but anything story related is self contained.
>>
>>81842934

They do reference past happenings pretty often. And someone diving into current stuff knowing only other Transformers stuff is going to be confused as fuck.
>>
File: transformers-comics.png (338 KB, 1280x4194) Image search: [Google]
transformers-comics.png
338 KB, 1280x4194
Start with -ations or start with Last Stand of the Wreckers, The Transformers #22/23, and Season 1.
>>
File: Transformers vs. G.I. Joe07.jpg (4 MB, 3953x3056) Image search: [Google]
Transformers vs. G.I. Joe07.jpg
4 MB, 3953x3056
>>81828623
Yes, it is amazing.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.