[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrg x-I-LTGc Gerard Way appe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: Young-Animal-Featured.png (1 MB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Young-Animal-Featured.png
1 MB, 1080x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrgx-I-LTGc
Gerard Way appeared on DC's All Access to talk about Young Animal.
>>
File: Gerard_Way_MCR.jpg (38 KB, 440x348) Image search: [Google]
Gerard_Way_MCR.jpg
38 KB, 440x348
He's really gained some weight
>>
>>81824688
Wow he sounds really different than what I thought he would sound like

I like what he's saying though
>>
I like marley zarcone and tommy lee edwards but besides way I have never heard of any of those writers
>>
So Mother Panic is basically Moon Knight?
>>
wait there's a new doom patrol book coming? fucking finally.
>>
File: doompatrol2016.jpg (216 KB, 1035x1594) Image search: [Google]
doompatrol2016.jpg
216 KB, 1035x1594
>>81825454
Yes.
>>
Do we know when these start coming out?
>>
>>81826588
doom patrol september
shade october
cave carson october
mother panic november
>>
>>81826588
Doom Patrol in September, Shade and Cave Carson in October, and Mother Panic in November.
>>
>>81826659
>>81826697
Thanks.

I'll probably end up picking up the first few issues of all of these and give them a try.
>>
File: image.png (53 KB, 240x242) Image search: [Google]
image.png
53 KB, 240x242
>>81824688
Besides multiversity 2 this is the only thing I'm going to be buying from DC all year...

>>tfw your favorite comic company keeps fucking up
>>
>>81827411
>not buying Future Quest or Rucka's Wonder Woman
Does your mother know she raised a monster?
>>
>>81827523
Well my mother didn't raise me, but she knows I'm a monster. She stopped paying to me and I just went away.

I want to buy Wonder Woman, but DC is going to shit on it when the runs over. Future quest sounds good, but who knows. Parker has done some amazing things, but I'm trying to get out of the monthly books.
>>
I will buy all of the books in this imprint.
>>
>>81827660
>>she stopped paying attention to me so I just went away...
>>
>>81827660
Buy Rucka Wondy so they know to not mess with it
>>
I just want Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye to go completely, unapologetically, off-the-rails insane with its adventures.
>>
>>81827839
I bought azz and changs WW. They didn't care enough to keep Finches wife away from it. And they already screwed Rucka a bunch of times... Kinda finding hope a little light recently. Where for art thou, Saint Walker?
>>
>>81827943
I was hoping for an Adam Strange book, but Cave Carson will do.
>>
>>81828030
So, what, a run isn't worth reading is following runs aren't as good/don't follow up on it?
>>
>>81828159
>> is
I assume you meant if.

It's not that. I just hate to throw into a concept I love to see it get beaten into non existence by the next writer. Or worse to find out editorial never gave it much of a chance in the first place. I can't help shake that sinking feeling that I'll be let down again and again.
>>
>>81828270
This sounds like the sort of personality problem people see therapists for.
>>
>>81828361
well I used to, I fixed this problem myself though. I just stopped buying most comics. But I love doom patrol, so I probably try this.
>>
>>81828098
I feel like for this imprint, using a relatively unknown character, with little to his character (past his cybernetic eye) is probably better, and'll let them to do some crazy shit
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 786x393
>>81828591
>> tfw younger audiences will start to think of this as the definitive Cave Carson.
>>
>>81828688
>>81828591
Nah I kid, I'm excited for this.
>>
>>81828688
What IS the definitive Cave Carson?

Honestly, I want to read up on these characters and their inspiration before this starts.

So far I've just done Grant's DP, and even that was forever ago.
>>
>>81828816
Showcase 48, 49, brave and the bold 31-33. Those are what I can google.
Not much, he took a back seat to Rip Hunter pretty early on. But, I assume Way will do all kinds of crazy stuff with him, and younger readers will think of this as the go to cave Carson. I can't wait to hear the old timers at cons bitch about it...
>>
>>81828816
According to comicvine he's appeared 85 times total, first appearing for 3 issues in The Brave and The Bold (#31-33) as the main protagonist.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/cave-carson/4005-9321/issues-cover/
>>
>>81824688
I really like Mother Panic's design.
>>
>>81824688
He kind of reminds me of Dean Ambrose. Was sort of expecting him to have an English accent what with him being Morrison's understudy and all
>>
So Mother Panic is shaping up to basically be Batwoman 2.0?
>>
>>81832090
Yeah, sounds like "What if Batwoman's direction in 52 was done well?"
>>
>>81828688
>Eat the Kryptonite, Caaaaaaape Boy!
>>
Are we going to talk about the fact that Flex Mentallo is back? I suppose he is part of the team, but I thought that DC couldn't use him anymore.

I'm excited about this new imprint though, the main DC line may be mostly ass (beside the latest Wonder Woman comics coming out, Prez and King's stuff), but between Young Animal and Hanna Barbera stuff i'm tempted to buy some of their books again. I'm waiting for the storytimes to make a move.
>>
>>81833273
Wait, why couldn't they use Flex Mentallo?
>>
>>81833273
>>Are we going to talk about the fact that Flex Mentallo is back? I suppose he is part of the team, but I thought that DC couldn't use him anymore.
>Wait, why couldn't they use Flex Mentallo?

From Wikipedia:

"In 1996, Flex Mentallo received his own four-issue mini-series written by Morrison and illustrated by Frank Quitely. Although ignored by the Charles Atlas company at the time, it was later brought to the company's attention by a fan of the comics. Charles Atlas company president Jeffrey C. Hogue was unhappy with its likeness being used this way, and filed a trademark infringement suit against DC Comics. DC submitted a motion for summary dismissal, which was granted on the basis of fair use using the parody defense."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flex_Mentallo
>>
>>81834295
I figured Charles Atlas would have to be fair game, since the whole concept is at the heart of the Luther Strode comics.
>>
>>81824688
Should probably be Doom Patrol, but I'm most interested in Cave Carson.
>>
>Young Animal

>No reborn Cliff as Animal Man
>>
>>81827411
>>81827523
Also:
>Grant Morrison's Batman Black & White
>Milestone Comics Revival
>Jonathan Hickman's unannounced project
>>
>>81839005
Hickman went DC?
>>
>>81839169
http://www.newsarama.com/28536-hickman-teases-involvement-in-dc-s-rebirth.html
He pretty much teased it on twitter.
>>
>>81839005
>Milestone Comics Revival
I really hope these aren't terrible.

Some actual info on the Milestone stuff would be nice.
>>
>>81839360
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/milestone-media-returns-to-dc-comics-as-earth-m
It was announced last year's SDCC, but it wasn't still shown anything of it. Hope they show more of it this year.
>>
>>81839294
He was also very obviously joking. That's exactly the kind of trolling he does on social media.
>>
>>81839005
We already know that there's going to be a LoSH Rebirth ongoing that they just aren't ready to announce yet.

It's happening, man.
>>
>>81839360
>Please be a new Static.Please be a new Static.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.