[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will they execute this legendary scene in the film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8
File: STEP2.jpg (139 KB, 892x618) Image search: [Google]
STEP2.jpg
139 KB, 892x618
How will they execute this legendary scene in the film?
>>
>>81821230
Poorly.
>>
>>81821230
with quips
>>
a sweeping orchestral score that swells with every step he takes
>>
It's not really an important scene since it's literally just there as a distraction for SS and Adam Warlock. it doesn't even work and Cap just ends up dead. It's just there so Cap can have his moment.
>>
File: CapvThanos.jpg (273 KB, 892x618) Image search: [Google]
CapvThanos.jpg
273 KB, 892x618
BRAVO JOSS
>>
>>81821405
>not an important scene
it literally represents the big dick of America asserting its dominance
>>
>>81821452
Thanos literally breaks his shield and shrugs off all of his hits. I mean he doesn't get his heart ripped out of his chest like Spider-Man but he doesn't accomplish anything.
>>
>>81821230
Cap is really big here.
>>
>>81821260
>>81821285
>>81821440

Why the salt?
>>
>>81821403
Naw, keep it silent
>>
>>81821552
It's about Steve not giving up, not about ThanosĀ” power.

We already know Thanos defeats himself, the important shit it to let the heroes be as heroic as they can be.
>>
>>81821440
You know it's the Russos in charge of Avengers, right?
>>
>>81821230

>Steve walks up to Thanos to prove he won't stay down.
>Iron Man in the background makes a joke.
>Audience laughs.
>Credits roll.
>After Credits scene of Galactus talking to Silver Surfer
>Iron Man watching the whole thing on a monitor from earth
>Makes a joke
>Audience collectively pisses pants
>Top google search the morning after is "Who is Galactus?"

There you go. Swap around some names and you got every Marvel movie for the next five years.
>>
>>81821781
Nigga I ain't salty. Not everything has to be your lame goddamn dichotomy.
>>
With Ironmanlet.
>>
they shouldn't try.

movie cap doesn't mean a fraction of what comic cap does and movie thanos doesn't mean anything at all.

replicating it without the weight behind the characters would likely be hollow.
>>
>>81821989
10/10 I'm chuckling as I type.
>>
>>81821260
>>81821285
>>81821989
Even people I know who hate capeshit movies aren't this assblasted about "quips" as you are.
>>
>>81821781
>I don't know what salt means
>>
>>81821403
That's DC.
>>
>>81821285
This meme needs to die.
>>
>>81822136

>assblasted

nigga I'm fucking laughing.

I can't wait for this movie. I enjoy the shit out of comic book movies. But even you have to admit the jokes are too much at this point.

His in the middle of a life or death fight with someone who used to be his best friend and he makes a joke? Thats just bad writing.
>>
Probably with a swelling overture/hint of the Winter Soldier/First Avenger theme as he makes reference to the First Avenger ("I don't like bullies" etc.)
>>
>>81822064
>implying they won't make them matter more by shoving relevancy down our throats.
>>
>>81822200
>His in the middle of a life or death fight with someone who used to be his best friend and he makes a joke?

Who? were?
>>
>>81822273

>Underoos
>>
>>81822346
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>81822412

Jesus anon really? If you're just going to pretend things don't exist then you can't have a conversation about what it applies to.

Go watch the trailer and come back.

I'll wait.
>>
>>81822346
>Triggered about tony giving nicknames

Plus the fight hasn't yet started in that scene, they're trying to rationalize their way out of it until Tony has enought of Cap's shit, they're not engaged in the brawl yet because another scene has them rushing againts each other later.
>>
File: mgid-ao-image-mtv.jpg (32 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
mgid-ao-image-mtv.jpg
32 KB, 660x495
Thanos repeatedly beats the shit out of Chris Evans and, almost dying, he says "I can do this all day".
>>
>>81822492
They're already doing that in Civil War, they're not going to have him do it a third time.
>>
>>81822483

If the brawl hasn't started yet then why isn't Spider-man in the scene where they are rushing towards each other? And why is Tony covered in bruises and cuts when he screams Underoos?

Look if you think the quips are good then thats fine. Like I said I enjoy the movies regardless. But you have to admit this movie has no idea how to handle tension.
>>
>>81822446
It's hardly life or death. Tony isn't trying to kill at the airport, I don't think anyone is. Hence why Rhodey being blasted out of the sky is so tragic. This wasn't supposed to happen, but at the same token, what did they expect? Besides, him calling in a new recruit with a joke name is hardly the end of the world. If anything, it's perfectly in character. It'd be like calling Cap an old man.
>>
>>81822554
Check the Japanese trailer. Spidey runs with Team Stark.
>>
>>81822492
Thanos repeatedly beats the shit out of Chris Evans and, almost dying, he says "Help me Tony he's got a golden hand".
>>
>>81822574

No anon I'm sorry. Introducing a new member mid fight with a joke nickname is on the same caliber as saving the galaxy with a dance off. It's terrible writing.

>>81822608

Really? How does he get his shield back? I can't expect you to know. Wait for the movie to come out I guess...
>>
>>81822554
>If the brawl hasn't started yet then why isn't Spider-man in the scene where they are rushing towards each other?
He is.

>And why is Tony covered in bruises and cuts when he screams Underoos?
That's from the earlier fight scene with Bucky, the one where Bucky shoots Tony in the face. Please don't pretend to know what you're talking about.
>>
>>81822492
Thanos repeatedly beats the shit out of Chris Evans and, almost dying, he says *Insert quip here*
>>
>>81822492
>>81822651
>>81822999
>Thanos repeatedly beats the shit out of Chris Evans and, almost dying, he says "She's a slut"
>Thanos stops punching him and erupts in a roaring laughter
>>
>>81821601
for you
>>
>>81823228
But Chris Evans didn't even say that. He just laughed.
>>
>>81823326
But don't you see, the roles of the scene are reversed now. It's pottery, capekino.
>>
>>81822658
Were you really expecting a more serious scene in Guardians of the Galaxy? The second or third scene in that movie is the main character dancing to the music in his walkman in an alien planet, did you expect a gritty drama? That's not bad writing, that's writing according to the tone of the movie.

It's also downright cliche for a character to do something stupid as a distraction.
>>
Do all you people come from /tv/? If you think the quips in the MCU are bad you'd faint reading an actual comic book
>>
File: GotG-DanceOff.webm (3 MB, 800x335) Image search: [Google]
GotG-DanceOff.webm
3 MB, 800x335
>>81822658
>saving the galaxy with a dance off. It's terrible writing.
>thinking the dance off was awful and out of left field
20-30 years into the future, everybody's going to sing praises about how the danceoff made the movie kino.
>>
>>81821403
I think completely silent would work better.
>>
>>81823636
>>81821403
>>81821833
I think the sweeping orchestral music playing until he stops walking would work better.

Complete silence, not even sounds of the wind blowing into the mics as the two stare each other down.

Cap: I could do this all day.
>>
>>81823712

Fuck. Yes.

The music doesn't kick in until Thanos actually smashes the shield, and then it gets all sweeping and tragic.
>>
>>81822658
>It's terrible writing.

Why?

There is nothing inherently terrible about that, it comes down to context and execution.

The danceoff in GotG was executed just fine, and it had all the context necessary to set it up. I wonder if you've even seen the movie.
>>
File: MarvelSuperHeroes-Thanos.png (376 KB, 1504x480) Image search: [Google]
MarvelSuperHeroes-Thanos.png
376 KB, 1504x480
I just want something like this as the final battle.
>>
>>81821403
Nah, just a quiet echo of the Alan Silvestri Cap theme.
>>
>>81823228
kek
>>
>>81821230
With Iron Man.
>>
>>81821230
By using iron man in his place, wielding caps shield.
>>
>>81821230
that scene is dumb
>"peak" human
>face to face against nigh invincible monster who can pulverize mountains
I mean, steve should have been turned to atoms just as a side effect of the battle
>>
>>81821230
If "Ultron, we would have words with thee" is any indication, it won't be in the movie at all.
>>
>>81825144
Imagery is more important than realism, anon.
>>
>>81825207
then there is no point in having characters be ore powrful than others or having specific powers and things like that. Reduce all to the imagery it represent.

Of course that's bullshit, because you need something to represent the imaery, and if it's built on contradictions of your own internal rules and nonsense then the imagery itself will be meaningless.
And that is why cape comics suck. Except Moore's who actually knows how to write.
>>
>>81821868
I don't see how dying is consider heroic
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 195x243) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 195x243
>>81823228
>mfw he doesn't know i'm talking about Death
>>
>all these /tv/ casuals thinking he should quote the first Captain America movie instead of the basass line from the comics
Commit suicide or discuss this on the movie board.
>>
>>81825862
>can't tell the difference between quips and actual quote suggestions
>>
File: vision.thm_.jpg (93 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
vision.thm_.jpg
93 KB, 950x534
>>81821440
>Still thinking Joss Whedon is doing Infinity War.
>>
>>81825987
Literally no one suggested "as long as one man stands against you Thanos, you'll never claim victory". Either this is a troll thread and should be deleted or no one in this thread reads about or cares about comics and so the thread should be on /tv/
>>
>>81826260
Or maybe nobody believes Marvel will come through in delivering good quotes from the comics.

Chances are high they don't know it exists or they'll just rephrase it into a quip or into an inferior version for no good reason.
>>
>>81826260
Hey, I like the line in the comics, but I think that in terms of the MCU it'd have increased resonance with the character they've built up.
>>
>>81821230
I think legendary isn't the proper term. It was cool, yeah. But by no means iconic.
>>
>>81821230
Together
>>
>>81826260
>no one in this thread reads about or cares about comics
How do you suppose?

Just because you read the comics doesn't mean that you don't think you can interpret scenes in alternate ways.
>>
>>81826304
>>81826319
>>81826393
Just go back to /tv/ you fucking casuals, it's a simple line that completely fits in with MCU Cap and is one of the most iconic scenes in Marvel, to not directly adapt it is fucking horseshit.
>>
>>81823228
>Thanos "Why did you say that? Why did you say 'slut'??????"
>*bunch of flashbacks to Thanos thinking about Death*
>Hawkeye: "That's what we call Black Widow. She's a slut."
>*Thanos pauses* "no sluts will die tonight"
>>
As somebody who knows NOTHING about infinity war except that it takes place in space, or something?

Is it ever explained how they breath in space or is it just COMIC BOOKS etc aint gotta explain shit
>>
>>81825603
It's better to refuse to surrender, not giving the bad guy the satisfaction of seeing your will bend to his.

He beat you physically but he couldn't beat you ideologically.
>>
>>81826520
>being a purist
Bro some things just can't adapt without being cheesy as fuck. Like if Chris Evans really said that mouthful word for word would it really be all that convincing?
>>
>>81826908
Doesn't someone say a line that's almost word-for-word the same to Loki in Avengers 1?
>>
>>81821440
>Captain "Language" America
>Ever saying fucking
>>
>>81822492
They are doing that on Civil War. It will lose effect if they try to do it again on Infinity War
>>
>>81823904
Sequel when? It's literally the perfect time to do it too.
>>
>>81821230
with a dance off
>>
>>81821230
With Iron-Man and then all the other heroes show up around Thanos, and Thanos just laughs at all of them
>>
>>81826884
A wizard did it.
Literally, Doctor Strange casts a "these people can survive in space" spell.
It actually becomes a bit of a problem when Thor turns back into his human identity, since ERIC wasn't a target of the spell, only Thor was.
>>
>>81825603
Whoa what the fuck nigga
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.