[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts? Hopes? Fears?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 17
File: Spider-Man Homecoming.jpg (63 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man Homecoming.jpg
63 KB, 940x529
Thoughts?

Hopes?

Fears?
>>
>>81820824
I hope Sony just lets Marvel do it and Sony just puts their time into making a good tie in game for once.
>>
That Sony will once again try to bite off too much at once. Multiple villains, plot threads for future movies, that shit needs to stay out.
>>
>>81820890

This. Sony's had 2 shots at doing Spidey in the past 10 year and done pretty awfully. Just let Marvel do their thing.
>>
>Marvel will never get back the rights to spiderman
>Sony will just continue to release sub-par movies
>>
>>81821313
Marvel does have input on this film though.
>>
>>81820824
I just hope we get an origin story and maybe some green goblin and maybe an even hotter and younger aunt may.
>>
>>81821313
This movie is basically made by Marvel, Sony is just the executioner. People say that Sony has the final say but that's bullshit. Sony wanted Dylan O'Brien for Spider-Man but Feige refuted and preferred a younger Peter Parker. Sony doesn't have power anymore.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 570x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 570x313
>>81820824
>Multiple villains
Because that worked sssoooooo well for The Amazing Spider-Man 2! (That's sarcasm btw).

And let me guess, Marvel Studios is trying to form the Sinister Six again after Sony failed? Why is everyone obsessed with the Sinister Six? The Sinister Six sucks! Why do they keep trying to do them?
>>
>>81821406
>maybe an even hotter and younger aunt may

Already confirmed.
>>
>>81821406
>I just hope we get an origin story
Die
>>
>>81821429
I mean refused instead of refuted
>>
>>81821406
Why would you want a a fucking origin story? Bats and Supes aside, Spidey has the most well-known origins.

And vulture confirmed for villain, give the green goblin a rest for a while, please.

I hope the play up the homecoming thing, maybe with a big fight at the homecoming dance or game. Give us some good Spider-man + Flash moments
>>
light-hearted tone
>>
>>81821514
>AND THE HOMECOMING'S TOMORROW!!!
>>
>>81820954
>>81821107
I love you people. Years ago you thought Spider-Man 1 and 2 were amazing now you pretend you never liked them.
>>
>>81821432
They originally had Venom in this scene. There's footage of it out there
>>
File: Supaidaman.jpg (32 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Supaidaman.jpg
32 KB, 630x420
Hopefully its more like the japanese show from the 70s
>>
>>81821107
>Sony's had 2 shots at doing Spidey in the past 10 year and done pretty awfully

Three. Spider-Man 3 was nine years ago.
>>
>>81821617
Spideran 3, and both ASM movies.

First two Rami films are still god tier.
>>
>>81821617
Where did I say I didn't love SM1 and 2?
>>
>>81821617
>That god awful CGI on Spider-Man 1.
>good
Never change /co/.
>>
>>81820890
>yfw Spider-Man game made by Platinum
>>
>>81820824
First SM film since Raimi's first that's got some actual potential.

I hope they really push the high school aspect. Classes and all. Really show that Peter is a teenager.

Biggest fear is probably that they'll play it too safe and that it will just be more noise in the MCU like the latter IM-movies.
>>
>>81821945
>I hope they really push the high school aspect. Classes and all. Really show that Peter is a teenager.

This is confirmed. The director said they were going for a John Hughes, Ferris Bueller vibe with smaller, more intimate stakes than in most superhero movies.
>>
>>81821617
Of course I liked them. I was 10 when SM2 was released.
10 year olds doesn't even have developed taste.
>>
>>81821972
The Enforcers should be the main villains then.
>>
>>81822014
I was 15 when Spider-Man 2 came out and I thought it was the tightest shit. I walked out of the theater at the end literally exhausted because the action was so intense and entertaining.
>>
>>81821972
>John Hughes, Ferris Bueller vibe with smaller, more intimate stakes than in most superhero movies.
Literary all I ever wanted.
This makes me happy deep in my soul.
>>
>>81821972
So Spectacular Spider-Man?
>>
>>81821617
I liked them
But that was long ago. And I want to see new stuff. Also, Sony is literally run by the most incompetent idiots, anon (see leaked emails). Amy actually cried an sent a email to Raimi during ASM2 production for help. Not to mention the Shitty Female Ghostbusters movie. The Emoji movie. Trying to make the MLP movie like the Smurfs live action movie and putting them in our world. The shit with Popeye.

Amy Pascal is so stupid I'm surprised she got so far.
>>
>>81822050
15 year olds still ALL have bad taste.
It's just the way it is and there is nothing wrong with it. But you can't keep your taste and standards in film that you had in you mid teens when you're an adult. That's just fundamentally wrong.
>>
>>81821740
It was revolutionary for the time, jackwad.
>>
I hope a Spider-verse movie.
>>
Is he even in Civil War or is it just a small cameo?
>>
I'm more excited for the animated movie

No baggage to deal with and Sony's animation department is good when they're not forced to work on shitty Smurf movies
>>
>>81820824
That is one ugly logo.
>>
>>81822245
How new are you? Dude, he's in the fucking trailer...
>>
>>81820824
I don't want another highschool spidey
>>
>>81822245
He's apparently in it for about 30 minutes and critics say he steals the show.
>>
Why is Sony such a laughably shit studio?

If Disney/Marvel didn't help them out with this they would probably go bankrupt, no joke.
>>
>>81820824

Is homecoming really the subtitle of the movie?
>>
>>81820824
>Thoughts?
hurr
>Hopes?
never had
>Fears?
alligators

Spider-man should be a serie like Netflix's DD or just a cameo like CW.
>>
>>81822746
Yeah.
>>
>>81820824
I want them to make a canon explanation for why there's both an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man, or at least acknowledge how similar those names are.
>>
>>81822341
But we never really had one?
>>
>>81821740
You realize that movie is over a decade old, right?
>>
File: original_spidey_.png (2 MB, 2158x1136) Image search: [Google]
original_spidey_.png
2 MB, 2158x1136
>Thoughts?
Still wish they used the Spectacular Spider-Man for the title, but it could be worse.

>Hopes?
-Peter being a science genius and not a complete fucking loser like the Raimi films made him out to be.
-A Flash Thompson who's more than just a stereotypical jock bully who's only there for 5 minutes.
-A villain(s) who doesn't die at the end.
-Lighthearted and fun.
-Pic related for the costume.

>Fears?
-That Sony will have too much input in the film and make it a trainwreck.
>>
>>81824224
>-Peter being a science genius
>just like Bruce Banner
>just like Tony Stark
How many more science geniuses do we need in the MCU?
>>
>>81821429
>tfw wanted O'Brien

fucking Sony finally does something right and Feige shits all over it
>>
>>81824324
Hank Pym too
>>
I'm worried that it's going to be bogged down in MCU cameos. I want a Spider-Man movie, not Iron Man 6 featuring Spider-Man.
>>
>>81820824
>Thoughts?
I like. Gives me hope itll be lighthearted and fun
>Hopes?
-Decent costume designs for Spidey's rogues for once.despite his faults Sandman has been the only spidey villain to be done justice on a visual level
-JK Simmons returning as JJJ
-Bruce Campbell cameo
-in general a tone similar to other good Marvel flicks of being true to the character and story without taking itself too seriously
-Kraven
>Fears?
-rehashing Uncle Ben's death for the third time
-Gwen Stacy/MJ romance getting too much screen time
-love interest as obnoxious as Jane Foster
-memey youth culture references given the age of Spidey in MCU
>>
>>81825120
If I recall correctly they're not doing the origin story this time, so it's less likely they'll do Uncle Ben
>>
>>81820824
>Thoughts

Really dumb logo

>Hopes

It's not teen oriented to a point it creates a token cast of stereotypes "for the modern age" and instead focuses on what makes Spider-Man and his ensemble good

>Fears

Sony and Disney not getting along and meddling creating a muddled mess
>>
>>81820824
Hope it won't be shit

It probably will be.

At the very least I hope their are some good memes that come from it
>>
>>81824361
I know that feel.
>>
>>81820824
>Fears?
Mediocre villain...oh wait.
>>
They'll try to make him too much like Tobey and a sperg who can't talk to girls or make friends
>>
>>81827325
I was hoping they'd make him like spectacular spidey
>>
File: spaceghosts.jpg (6 KB, 226x166) Image search: [Google]
spaceghosts.jpg
6 KB, 226x166
I'm afraid of Marvel, not Sony. I'm afraid it will be another formulaic and generic Marvel movie like Ant-Man. They all feel the same. I want something more out of the curve like Winter Soldier instead of le funny movie with bad villain shit we get every time. Formulaic and uninspired as fuck.

My biggest fear is that they got an unexperienced director, like sony did with Marc Webb, and the writers of the fucking Vacation remake. Why? It's like Feige wanted the most incompetent people he could find. Sam Raimi was an established cult filmmaker when he directed SM1 and 2 and you can feel that in those movies. Somethins TASM didn't have. Now we'll get more of the same.
>>
>>81827376
A life ruler with no Peter Parkerism as well except for the fact that his double life gets in the way of his social life?
>>
>>81827789
Eh. You got me.
Maybe they can have Eddie as one of his besties though.
>>
>>81824324
Since Fantastic Four got royally fucked up by Fox, expect Reed Richards to join that crew of science gangstas.
>>
I want Robert Englund as Vulture and Keaton as Norman. I fear the plot has something to do with an actual homecoming dance.
>>
>>81828094
>I fear the plot has something to do with an actual homecoming dance.

What's wrong with that? Peter balancing his superhero life and his high school life has always been a thing.
>>
>>81820824

I want andrew garfield and tobey mcguire to play villains.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (80 KB, 631x474) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
80 KB, 631x474
>>81820824
>Thoughts?
third times the charm i guess
>Hopes?
Bitches loving Spider-man, Shocker Rhino wombo combo end credits scene with Matt telling pete hes way over his head
>Fears?
Sony
>>
>>81820824
>Hopes
New villains & Sinister Six setup.
>>
>>81821617
I haven't liked them since I was a kid. They can be entertaining purely out of nostalgia but they're pretty bad movies and completely shit adaptions.
>>
>>81821432
The Winter Soldier had quite a few villains.

The idea is not cancerous, you can have multiple good villains in a film. It's just that the Spidey films have been shit at it.
>>
Have Greg Wiesman and the guys from Spectacular write it and all should go fine.
>>
>>81821432
Because we already got perfect Spider-Man movies over a decade ago so seeing which latest member of Spidey's colorful rogues gallery is getting adapted is the only reason to care. Sinister Six consolidates that desire into one gluttonous sitting.
>>
File: boomerang-marvel.jpg (56 KB, 765x488) Image search: [Google]
boomerang-marvel.jpg
56 KB, 765x488
>Hopes
Only one and he, done right, would make the movie
>>
I'm excited.

>people hate raimi for spider-man 3
>raimi realizes hes fucked up and admits he fucked up
>raimi wanted to make a fourth movie with fucking carnage
>sony told him to fuck off and got a new director

Raimi is the best spiderman director.
>>
>>81829079
>>raimi wanted to make a fourth movie with fucking carnage

Not true. He wanted to make the fourth movie about the Vulture and his daughter Felicia Hardy, the Vulturess.
>>
It's going to be hilarious when this shit flops. Once again confirming why the man-children who still read comic books are barely more than marginalized caricatures of themselves. But instead of admitting you've become the most beta of betas, you'll complain for years how "good it was" and how "tasteless" the general public is in desperate attempts to try and divert away the soul crushing realization that you've wasted your lives on mind-numbing drivel originally designed to entertain teenage boys
>>
File: 3iv22tC.gif (1 MB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
3iv22tC.gif
1 MB, 500x454
>>81830054
Haven't seen this one in a while.
>>
File: italian_chef[1].png (363 KB, 863x550) Image search: [Google]
italian_chef[1].png
363 KB, 863x550
>>81830054
thats a nice pasta, a bit spoiled by the buzzwords but still nice
>>
>>81820890
>Sony just puts their time into making a good tie in game for once.

Activision has the license till 2017 though ASM2 flopped, so they probably won't bother.
>>
>Thoughts?
It'll be great. John Hughes 80s style teen comedy with webs.

>Hopes?
I hope if feels like an 80s movie.

>Fears?
None.
>>
>>81830476
It's a stale pasta, it was first prepared for Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>81821429
>Sony wanted Dylan O'Brien for Spider-Man but Feige refuted and preferred a younger Peter Parker
Perfect.
>>
>>81822174
Yet you still visit a funny books visual discussion site.
>>
>>81823295
>canon explanation
Which is?
>>
>>81830739
It's still a classic dish to serve
>>
i hope that isn't the official logo
>>
>She is Aut May in the movie

Now One More Day makes complete sense
>>
>>81820824
>Thoughts?
I think the logo shit.
>Hopes?
I hope they change the logo.
>Fears?
I fear they're not gonna change the logo.
>>
>>81821432
>doesn't cite the multi villain clusterfuck from Raimi's third film
Spotted the underage.
>>
Anybody who thinks multiple villains = auto fail is a fucking moron

Batman Returns, Batman Begins, TDK, all multiple villains, all were fine...and even if you don't like them, multiple villains was NOT the problem
>>
>>81821432
I think Sinister Six should be the sixth MCU Spider-Man movie which I do believe we'll get. Lead up to them with Vulture and Flint Marko in part one then do Kraven coming off of a Panther 1/2 cameo with Flint becoming SandMan then getting his own spotlight and esch other villain their own movie as they all end up on the Raft then get broken out by Norman or whatever

Spidey is about to become the MCU. Theres a reason they cast so young. This is going to be THE quintessential Spider-Man. Basically the MCU is just getting started and I definitely expect Norman to frontline a Phase at least. This Spidey is going to be huge.

I honestly wouldnt have minded a last origin or I hope they still allude to Uncle Ben as his major influence. Thats the one thing they can still really fuck up just because of the existence of the previous ones. I hope they at least do a flashback or something because despite havung seeing other versions of it, Spideys origin is extremely important to his character and I really hope we dont lose that in the MCU.

Fuck Im extremely excited for the Phase 4 universe.

>Thunderbolts
>Masters of Evil
>Norman Osborn
>Possible FF/DOOM shenanigans
>More obscure heroes as the universe gets more metas Captain Britain movie when
>Spidey becoming good pals with ANTS

Shit my hype is somewhere else. I
>>
>>81831738
those were all shit movies.
>>
>>81831622
When the fuck has a logo ever mattered for a movie's quality?
>>
>>81831891
>MCU is just getting started

I love the movies as much as the next guy but even I know the MCU is going to be weak after phase 3. The shared comic movie universe bubble is going to burst any day now. Just enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
This movie is going to suck because the MCU sucks. As a longtime Spidey-fag, I'm going to probably put the final nail in the coffin for my favorite character since childhood after years of shit comics, and now the influx of noobs who are going to be pretending to be Spider-Man experts after they see the movie like they have every other cancerous addition to the MCU Disney casual machine
>>
Please have Gwen and MJ in the same movie you fucks
It's not that hard you hacks
No more meme actors like Emma Stone holy hell
>>
>>81833503
>Please have Gwen and MJ in the same movie you fucks

It's called Spider-Man 3.
>>
>>81833536
FUCK
>>
>>81833456

I wouldn't say the MCU sucks but it is bland apart from the first two Captain America films.

Also they say they have movies planed until 2028 but man I can't imagine them being all that different or creative.
>>
File: spodermin2.jpg (923 KB, 2158x1136) Image search: [Google]
spodermin2.jpg
923 KB, 2158x1136
>Thoughts?
I'm a Spideyfag so I'm just happy for Spider-Man. I hear Holland is great so I'm really excited to see what he does.

>Hopes?
A movie that is distinct and maybe even daringly lower-scale than the rest of the MCU. They're going for a John Hughes thing which I'm really excited for, because it really works for Spidey at this point in his life. Smaller scale action and more colourful villains could make a world of difference in establishing that this is the life of a high-schooler. Cap's blowing up Washington DC, and Spidey's having a tussle down in Manhattan, which leaves a lot of room for growth as it's OWN franchise, not just part of the MCU.
If it can pull off a Teen Titans/TMNT 2012 vibe of colourful action and lighthearted superheroics while balancing more dramatic moments, I'll be over the moon.
Basically, make Spectacular Spidey a film

>Fears?
That it'll be hyper-millenial. I don't mind modern tech or culture or whatever being referenced in the movie- Pete's a teen, after all- but I'm terrrified of the film shoving snapchat and instagram and all kinds of shit in our faces that'll age the film like milk
>>
>>81820824
The whole logo looks like this is going to be a full on teen move. Like Paper Towns.

Are you actually fucking KIDDING me Marvel, I'm fucking excited
>>
>>81833944
>I'm terrrified of the film shoving snapchat and instagram and all kinds of shit in our faces that'll age the film like milk

Movies set in the day they were filmed always, and I mean ALWAYS, acknowledge and show things that were popular at the time. People only say things like "showing smartphones etc. will age the movie" because they want to feel like they are superior to the current trends. In reality, there is literally no movie that hasn't aged in the same way.

Hell, the first Iron Man has a MySpace reference for God's sake. It's unavoidable, every movie is going to be outdated at some point.
>>
>>81833944
>I don't mind modern tech or culture or whatever being referenced in the movie- Pete's a teen, after all- but I'm terrrified of the film shoving snapchat and instagram and all kinds of shit in our faces that'll age the film like milk

Yeah man...I sure hate watching movies where teens in the 70s do things like listen to vinyl or smoke "doobies" and use phones attatched to walls with chords, because my autism also makes me incapable of understanding different time periods
>>
>>81833944
Are the guy that complained about smartphones on PPG?
>>
File: amazingspider-man122-20.jpg (172 KB, 539x800) Image search: [Google]
amazingspider-man122-20.jpg
172 KB, 539x800
>Thoughts?
I'm confident that Marvel will deliver a movie that has heart and introduces an old, classic side of Spider-man that doesn't try to be memetic, trendy and young adult movie genre trash like ASM2 was.

>Hopes?
I want them to introduce Spidey as a crimefighter that has been doing this for a while now, motivated by guilt and aspiration or greater good like the Avengers, already collected a big number of obscure villains (Enforcers, Tarantula, Molten Man) and also essential ones (Doc Ock, Shocker, Green Goblin) and a vast supporting cast (Hobbie Brown, MJ, Eddie Brock, Flash, Betty Brant, Jameson and Robbie). mostly I want a sinister 6 movie and Gerry Conway spidey.

>Fears?
that it'll be ASM Hipster Parker again.
>>
>>81834585
>I'm confident that Marvel will deliver a movie that has heart and introduces an old, classic side of Spider-man

That would involve Peter having a dark side and having a couple truly evil villains in his roster, that isn't possible with the MCU (mom caliber universe) (mothers and childrens universe) (mostly crappy underpants)
>>
File: Banshan_painted_pottery_pot_2[1].jpg (822 KB, 2049x1939) Image search: [Google]
Banshan_painted_pottery_pot_2[1].jpg
822 KB, 2049x1939
>>81828094
They only cast Keaton for the Birdman jokes.
Art imitating art imitating life.
>>
File: gary-oldman-professional.png (94 KB, 300x201) Image search: [Google]
gary-oldman-professional.png
94 KB, 300x201
>>81834585
Yess, yesss
Bring in the supporting cast you faggots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
>>
>>81834557
>>81834463
>>81834169
I'm not saying films shouldn't reflect the time they were made, that would be dumb as shit, but the way Sony has been trying to handle Spider-Man worries me. The Electronic music and shit in that email.

I' don't mind it being in there, I just don't want Smiley levels of forceful 'WE'RE TEENS AND HIP, GUYS' crap.
>>
>>81833383
>The shared comic movie universe bubble is going to burst any day now.
You know how long people have been saying this?
>>
>>81835412
Not him, but it's inevitable. Even I'm starting to feel it.

I don't want it to happen, and hell, if it doesn't and they keep putting out movies that are different and engaging I won't complain, but it feels like it's looming.
>>
I eagerly await the Spider-Harem.
MJ, Gwen, Liz, Betty, Felicia.
>>
>>81835475
The thing is though, as time goes on and more movies get made, the other studios will figure it out. Those movies will get better because they can't afford to just keep on screwing it up.
>>
>>81834585
>>81835070
Agreed, the key to keeping this good is to bring in the wide supporting class. He is in highschool after all, it's not like MJ is the only person he even knows or talks to.

Also who should the love interest be? For the sake of something different, Black Cat would be neat. Or maybe a love triangle thing with both Black Cat and MJ.

I doubt they'll do Gwen again, because normies will see her death coming a mile away. Unless instead of dying, she somehow gets transported to an alternate universe and becomes Spider-Gwen
>>
>>81835515
>yfw Black Cat's being a bitch and they fight, so Peter splits up their thing, ending it with "Bye Felicia"
>>
>>81835599
>Bye Felicia
But will he have sex with the mask on in this movie?
>>
>>81835599
You just reminded me of the cringiest part of Straight Outta Compton.
>>
>>81835385
How old are you? I'm 26, and every person I know who grew up during the AIM years still uses emoticons on a daily basis...let alone teens

You might feel above it, but you're out of touch with modern culture and what's considered normal

And electronic music is what's popular with kids now, how is that different than Tony listening to AC/DC or wearing Black Sabbath t shirts, didn't see anybody complain about that
>>
>>81834585

>Hipster

>"Teens dress different today from how I did"
>>
>>81820824
>Thoughts?
It's going to be a standard generic Marvel quipfest that's entertaining when it comes out but is largely forgettable years down the line.

>Hopes?
It's going to be a standard generic Marvel quipfest that's entertaining when it comes out but is largely forgettable years down the line.

>Fears?
>>
>>81835696
You do realize "bye felicia" was literally coined by Ice Cube, right?
>>
>>81820824
Come on mysterio
>>
>>81835767
I think after the last two Spider-man movies, going a bit generic/back to formula will be good to cleanse the pallet.
>>
>>81835745
I'm 20.

I know what's popular is what's popular, and that's the way it's going to be. I'm presented with this stuff every day of my life, it's not abnormal or alien to me. I get why I sound out of touch though.

I'm not trying to make a statement about eras or when films come out or how dated they are or whatever- that shit's gonna happen naturally, and it's a natural part of filmmaking.
What bothers me is when corporate suits try to cash in on what their removed version of what 'hip' is and overdo it to the point of cringe, rather than it being a natural part of the film.

Sony's making an emoji movie. That's what worries me. It's the disconnect and the attempt to capitalize on it anyway.
>>
>>81835989
That's why it's listed in "Hopes."
>>
>>81835841
It was just extremely cheesy and took me out of the movie.
>>
the cheesy meta title tells me everything ineed to know
also
http://anarchygossip.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-gossip-life-blind-item-agenda.html
>>
File: Spiderman Homecoming.jpg (328 KB, 500x758) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman Homecoming.jpg
328 KB, 500x758
>>
Zoom incoming.
>>
Have we gotten any confirmation on organic or mechanical web?
>>
>>81836169
Rewatch the trailer.
>>
>>81836109
>meta title

For fuck's sake, the title is a pun because Peter Parker is a high school student and Homecoming is a thing in high school. It has nothing to do with Marvel Studios having the rights because it's still a Sony movie.

Also, I would be concerned if a high school in New York WASN'T racially diverse. Fuck off back to your GamerGate subreddit if you think that's some kind of SJW conspiracy.
>>
>>81836109
Stop referring us to your shitty blog. What a waste of my time.
>>
>>81836256
>It has nothing to do with Marvel Studios having the rights because it's still a Sony movie.
Okay.
>>
>Spiderman homecoming
>Probably going to be High School Peter Parker balancing his secret identity as the big dance approaches while he's tormented by a super villain
>Every major villain's already been done
>Already not an origin story, so no Gobby
>Actually good chances of it being Mysterio
>Actually pretty damn good chances we get to see Shocker in there too
>End of the movie could realistically be Mysterio turning a high school gymnasium into Spiderman's every fear
Fucking what the hell, when did the world get so sweet so fast?
>>
>>81836097
Man, if that's the only thing that took you out of the movie good for you.

I enjoyed it for being one of the better big screen biopics, but it was largely fiction and had tons of scenes that contradicted known NWA history, at least the bye felecia thing ties somewhat into fact
>>
>>81820824
It's going to be your typical young Spidey adventure, not much to expect.
>>
Gilbert Gottfried as Shocker.
Bruce Campbell as Mysterio.
Patrick Warburton as Rhino.
>>
>>81824324
If they go with the comics Black Panther too.
>>
>Homecoming
>because Spidey is coming home to Marvel/Disney
BRAVO SONY
>>
>>81836339
Mysterio would be a pretty fun villain, fishbowlhead is the perfect enemy for a subplot.
>>
>Thoughts
Holland seems like a good choice. Costume looks amazing. Cop Car was well received, which is good news for the director. General comments from Marvel sound promising.

>Hopes
A larger universe for Spidey that isn't forced like ASM2. Smaller villains like The Shocker and The Enforcers popping up or being alluded to. A large supporting cast like Spectacular Spider-Man. An appearance from Daredevil. Focus on Peter and him developing into an adult. By that mean I mean good adult Peter, like JMS, not Slott.

>Fears
That they'll make attempts to make the things needlessly different for the sake of separating themselves from earlier films. That Sony will poorly shoehorn in attempts at spinoffs, something that they should have Marvel take the reigns of. Venom and Sinister Six could work as their own films, but only if they're well done and not forced.
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.