[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chowder!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (446 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
446 KB, 960x1440
Be honest /co/ how good was this show?
>>
>>81816278
c+
>>
Not as good as Flapjack, but it still contributed to helping push the humor from the relatively stagnant place that Cartoon Network had been lingering in for a few years. I remember it going downhill pretty quick and imagine it probably doesn't stand the test of time that well.
>>
It was great up until 2/3rds through Season 1
>>
>>81816333
>Not as good as Flapjack
>>
Best gag:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bElQKxfuWf8
>>
Really enjoyed the first few episodes but the later ones were hit and miss.
>>
Wasn't the most consistent show as it got on, but when it was on form it was probably the best thing airing on CN
>>
Thought it was pretty funny most if the time. One of the last few good shows made before the dark ages of CNReal
>>
>>81816462
This. Show even parodies itself at one point.
>>
WOULD I?
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 615x564) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 615x564
>>81818710
>>
>>81818798
No...no I would not.
>>
File: 1458599904900.jpg (52 KB, 634x650) Image search: [Google]
1458599904900.jpg
52 KB, 634x650
>Cartoon Network UK keeps editing out jokes about his weight
>>
It was mostly watchable, which is more than what could be said for most other shows it aired alongside.

It really did get a lot worse as it went on though, Chowder just started screaming more and more and becoming increasingly retarded/annoying. None of the characters had any real depth or were interesting at all. That doesn't necessarily make the show terrible, but it wasn't so hot in many other aspects either.
>>
At the time of it's airing, it and Flapjack were all CN had.

That said I don't remember much about it.
>>
>>81819219
Christ, 5 minute episodes must be horrible.

It was pretty good in the first season, but after that, it became a screaming contest between the characters. I can't really remember anything from it outside of "WOULD I", though, so it wasn't very memorable.
>>
The show started off great but stopped being funny after The Apprentice Games. Chowder stopped being a lovable goofball and became an absolute retard who never stops screaming. The only character that was good throughout the series was Mung.

Panini is also the cutest cat-bear-bunny loli to ever grace television.
>>
It might have been the swedish dub, or possibly that we only saw the later episodes, but this was one of the few shows that my Brother and I would always switch the channel to be rid off. We preferred watching TV-Shop over it, we disliked it that much.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrO9kjbzNRA
>>
>>81819219
That's the sad thing UK even had to do with this show.
>>
File: Claire-1-150x150.jpg (7 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
Claire-1-150x150.jpg
7 KB, 150x150
>>81819387
This anon is right about everything, especially Mung being best character. I also think Truffles was one of Tara's best roles.

And C.H. Greenblatt makes god tier furry lolis
>>
>>81819387
>>81820743

>And C.H. Greenblatt makes god tier furry lolis

>Panini is also the cutest cat-bear-bunny loli to ever grace television
Guys know what they like.
>>
>>81816278

Best thing about it was that it ended before it got bad. It's a good show and all but shows need to know when to end or they end up like simpsons or spongebob. Ended at the perfect time, as they were running short on ideas based on the look of things.
>>
It was boring and mediocre

The jokes were predictable and the made up foods based on real food got annoying. Having a dimwit as a main character got boring real fast and fustrating. Flapjack was the better cartoon by a mile.
>>
>>81821884
cont

The only reason people remember it is because of that retarded repetitive unfunny gag.
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 650x600
"It's the zinger!"
>>
>>81816278
U take teh moon and u take the sun!
>>
I wish I had appreciated it more when it was still around.
>>
Pickle in a cup.
>>
>>81826363
I love Burple Nurples!
>>
File: chow-der.jpg (70 KB, 375x300) Image search: [Google]
chow-der.jpg
70 KB, 375x300
>>81816278
>>
File: Panini #1.png (70 KB, 251x200) Image search: [Google]
Panini #1.png
70 KB, 251x200
>>81821884
>>81821915
Hey man, that's your opinion

But you're objectively wrong.
>>
>>81821700
This
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-04-14-17h12m20s485.png (2 MB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-04-14-17h12m20s485.png
2 MB, 1916x1076
I love Greenblatt's artstyle. I think Harvey Beaks will end up being my favorite cartoon of his but Chowder still has a lot of charm. I'm glad he still mixes his media though. 2D characters plus papercraft plus models plus puppets is the kinda cartoon shit I adore.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.