[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ed Brubaker's opinion on Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Ed Brubaker's opinion on Civil War
>>
>slash-fiction fans
Disgusting.
>>
Oh wow I didnt know Winter Soldier was going to be in it
>>
>Marvel writer praises Marvel movie

shocking
>>
>>81783383
He doesn't write for Marvel now, and look no further than Kate Leth and Marjorie Lu to see writers fully capable of dissenting opinions on Marvel adaptations, sperg.
>>
>>81783383
all the Winter Soldier stuff is kinda his baby though. Also I don't know if he works for Marvel anymore
>>
>>81783272
>slash-fiction fans will rejoice
Is this a thing now, to directly reference fanfiction? Why?
>>
>>81783589
what the fuck even is "slash fiction"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slash_fiction
>Slash fiction is a genre of fan fiction that focuses on interpersonal attraction and sexual relationships between fictional characters of the same sex.[1][2] While the term was originally restricted to stories in which male media characters were involved in an explicit sexual relationship as a primary plot element (also known as "slash" or "m/m slash"), it is now used to refer to any fan story containing a pairing between same-sex characters.

what the fuck
I figured it was like "pulp fiction" or something? Is what Brubaker's saying here that you'll like Civil War if you like reading gay fanfiction?
>>
>>81783674
He's saying that if you enjoy gay fanfiction between Steve and Bucky, which is a depressingly large number of people, you will enjoy this movie, presumably because it contains fodder for more fics.
>>
>>81783674
Steve and Buck are kissing in the movie. It's confirmed.
>>
>>81783761
And who doesnt get the gay vibe once Chris enters the room?
>>
>>81783674
That's exactly what he's saying, which is utterly fucking bizarre.

Delving into the fanworks beyond just saying that cosplays are cute is just asking for trouble. Outright saying "hey, you'll like this if you're into M/M fics" is planting both feet into the swamp that is fanfiction and saluting the horrified onlookers as you slowly sink into the mire.
>>
>>81783858
Anyone with the ability to look past the actor's face when watching a movie?
>>
>>81783891
It's kinda weird to see him talking about something like that. I guess his career has kinda dipped off a bit, eh
>>
>>81783761
>which is a depressingly large number of people,
What's so depressing about that? It's hot
>>
>>81783761
Well, it might not just be Cap/Bucky. There are tons of potential sets of butt buddies in the movie.
Cap/Ants
Tony/Rhodey
Tony/Panther
Tony/Spidey
Cap/Zemo
Cap/Falcon
Ants/Falcon
Tony/Cap
Panther/Bucky
etc.
>>
>>81783272
Brubaker is basically Slott tier when it comes to his online presence
>>
Wait is OP bullshitting or did they just accidentally put it up early then take it down?
>>
>>81784111
I'm not bullshitting anything, check it yourself
http://twitter.com/brubaker
>>
>>81783462
>tumblr-tier criticism
>dissenting
>>
>>81784111
>>81784168
Woops, wong thread, sorry
>>
>>81784201
Dissenting just means a contrary opinion, it has nothing to do with where it comes from.
Calm your autism.
>>
>>81783963
He was making comments about Steve/Bucky when The Winter Soldier first came out too.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.