[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the writers somehow not know that Slade was his name? Or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1460518759774s.jpg (4 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
1460518759774s.jpg
4 KB, 125x93
>>
Is this a thread for ants?

Also, the writers just fucking sucked. They fact that they pulled this exact same shit with Red X as well was pure balls.
>>
>>81770809
Censors wouldn't allow them to say "death" in Deathstroke.
>>
>>81770809
Yeah, professional writers who had access to internet and comics and were stationed at DC animation didn't know fucking Deathstroke's first name was Slade. Great fucking critical thinking, OP. Keep up the great work.
>>
when i was a kid, i didnt know who deathstroke was
so i thought Slad was Batman pretending to be a bad guy to toughen Robin and the other TT up
>>
>>81775212
Even when he was a skeleton man?
>>
>>81776090
Not like Batman never died before.
>>
>>81771068
what do you mean? when bb wrote that red x was todd?
>>
>>81777181
No, they built up the who is Slade shit for the whole first season and then they did it again with Red X, both times ending with just "they're just them, hurr."
>>
"Slade" fit the character design and VA much better than "Deathstroke" would have.
>>
>>81777242
>he didn't like the trollskull
>>
File: tumblr_m385x4DZI71rseq48o1_500.png (167 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m385x4DZI71rseq48o1_500.png
167 KB, 500x375
>>81777242
In fairness, the "who is Deathstroke the Terminator" thing is a storyline from the comics.

It's just that it's kind of pointless when you already have his name.

It always amuses me somewhat when Deathstroke shows up in other media now and they're like 'who was known at the time to the Titans as Slade' so the normies aren't confused.
>>
>>81777242
They couldn't use Deathstroke because DC wouldn't allow them because Justice League was running at the same time. They didn't want any overlap over the characters of either show in the other. This is why you don't actually see a cameo of Batman, because he was forbidden to be used in Teen Titans. What's funny though is that they used the voices of the Teen Titans in Justice League, but not the characters, as a faux cameo. But overall, this is why they called him Slade, because DC forbid Deathstroke in case Justice League was to use him.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.