[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Killing Joke Animated Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: batman-the-killing-joke.jpg (16 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
batman-the-killing-joke.jpg
16 KB, 620x349
Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKOh4NvA_VU
>>
Can't wait.
>>
File: 50gyV7Y.png (81 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
50gyV7Y.png
81 KB, 270x270
what is this from? it looks so much better than the rest of the clips.
>>
>>81763781
>mouth smiling
>his eyes are utterly horrified

Yup. This is the Killing Joke all right.
>>
Okay, I'm hyped now.
>>
File: hando.jpg (183 KB, 635x474) Image search: [Google]
hando.jpg
183 KB, 635x474
>>81763443
When I first read the comic a few years back I didn't read it in Mark Hamill's voice for some reason. The Joker was drawn so young, scrawny, and geeky looking I imagined him with a voice more akin to Michael Emerson's Joker voice. I think it might also have to do with seeing the flashbacks of him being a wuss and Hamill's voice sounding more mature and experienced.
>>
>>81763443
Animation could have been better honestly
they should've really pushed hard for that instead of breaking it down again and again
>>
>>81764759
animation is alot more expensive nowadays especially since a big chunk of the audience will just pirate or stream the movie once its out
>>
>>81764628
Hamill's voice is perfect for TKJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC16orUje4M
>>
>>81763443
>one bad day
>one bad day
>one bad day
Couldn't they have talked about something else?
>>
>>81764984
>nowadays
animation has always been expensive
>>
File: rosa spin.gif (2 MB, 1202x675) Image search: [Google]
rosa spin.gif
2 MB, 1202x675
>>81765983
yeah I guess what I meant was it isn't as common anymore, most animation done today is rigging characters in poses and posing the limbs separately like a 2D puppet. Traditional animation I guess is the same price its always been but companies choose to stick to the new cheaper tactic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_P0VbuyTWw
>>
Some of the animation looks wonderful, other parts look pretty bad. Voice acting sounds pretty great as usual. Glad they aren't toning it down.
>>
>>81765241

That's not Hamil
>>
>batman and joker both had a bad day, but went in different directions
So, the difference is, as long as you're a billionaire you'll still be a good buy but if you're poor you'll turn into a psychopath?
>>
>>81763443
Aw shit they did the retarded "pull the cowl over his eyes" scene. Batman should take precautions.

Same with him shitting himself because Joker got the drop on him at point blank range. He should be implied to be wearing armor.
>>
File: Diesel_10_joker_2048x2048.jpg (84 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Diesel_10_joker_2048x2048.jpg
84 KB, 640x480
ONE MOMENT YOU'RE LOST IN A CARNIVAL OF DELIGHTS, WITH POIGNANT CHILDHOOD AROMAS , THE FLASHING NEON OF PUBERTY, ALL THAT SENTIMENTAL CANDY-FLOSS
>>
>>81763781
The joke
>>
>>81768027

Ionno. Spidey and Hornhead are pretty 9 to 5 and they turned out with a pretty strong moral compass
>>
>>81763443
It looks decent. I just don't like how they keep repeating the same thing

>"It's dark "
>"There's a lot of shock value "
>"Can't believe we're getting away with this"

Not saying that it's bad to say these things but they just kept repeating it or at least it seemed that way to me. Still looking forward to this.
>>
File: popcornmyx.gif (2 MB, 472x364) Image search: [Google]
popcornmyx.gif
2 MB, 472x364
>>81763443
Really looking forward to it. Bruce Timm rarely disappoints.

I'm interested to see Mark Hamil's performance as Jack. The backstory/flashbacks is the best part of the killing joke. Seeing Joker as a normal guy.
>>
>>81768027
How good Batman is depends entirely on the writer.
>>
>>81774929
>How good Batman is depends entirely on how much of an edgelord the writer is
ftfy
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.