[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Quagmire a bad person?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: glenn-quagmire.png (211 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
glenn-quagmire.png
211 KB, 1920x1200
Is Quagmire a bad person?
>>
If you have to ask this question then I have to ask you to not reproduce.
>>
>>81749133
They turned Quagmire into an asshole for seemingly no reason, same with Brian

just another reason to stop watching episodes after a certain period
>>
He was always a bad person, even in the early seasons.
>>
>liking sex a lo makes you a bad person

When did /co/ become so prudish?
>>
File: cain.png (113 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
cain.png
113 KB, 5000x5000
>>81749532
>rapist
>asshole
>murderer
>not a bad person
>>
>>81749532
>having six kidnapped women in your trunk makes you a bad person
Yes. Yes it does.
>>
>>81749532
Who are you quoting?
>>
Quagmire's easily the worst by moral standards, but Brian is worse. Quagmire acts exactly as he's expected too, and somehow that makes it better. Brian on the other hand is supposed to be the sober voice of a reason, the logical thinker, and yet the terrible things he does contrasts with his supposed level-headedness and make him seem worse.

Discounting his being a pompous ass, an egotist, and a selfish user of those close to him, let us compile a list of exactly why he's terrible:

>Knowingly gave herpes to Stewie and Chris
>Deceived a blind woman into dating him
>Attempted to steal Bonnie, the wife of a hero cop
>Repeatedly attempts to steal Lois, the wife of his best friend.
>Chose to sacrifice Stewie to save himself when pursued by a loan shark's enforcers.

Help me out here.
>>
>>81749133
Quagmire turned from a shitty gag character to the best character in the series.
>>
>>81749193
like OP has a choice
>>
Technically yes, given his sexual deviancy, often amounting to rape jokes.

But he is quite possibly the most morally decent person on the show and actually tries to help his friends in a legitimate manner. If nothing else, generally not an asshole and generally more likeable than most of them.
>>
>>81749907
>But he is quite possibly the most morally decent person on the show
>not Joe, Chris, or Meg
>>
>>81749863

And on the contrary, Quagmire...

>Gave a sizeable loan to fix Brian's teeth, despite despising him
>Has repeatedly gotten his ass kicked halfway to hell standing up for what, and who, he believes in (eg, his sister's abusive husband)
>Animal lover
>>
>>81749983

Joe, probably.

Chris and Meg are known to have psychopathic tendencies. What springs to mind is that Meg strangles cats and Chris takes pleasure in drowning small animals.
>>
>>81749863
Oh yeah, quagmire might be horrible but he's at least good to his friends and people in his life. Brian, however is a horrible piece of shit to his friends and family
>>
Yes. But he admits to it, so apparently thats supposed to make it all okay.
>>
>I may be a rapist that murdered the simpsons family, but at least I'm honest
>>
File: 1431961503457.png (189 KB, 430x478) Image search: [Google]
1431961503457.png
189 KB, 430x478
>>81749873
>Quagmire turned from a shitty gag character to the best character in the series.
He never turned, though, he was always the best character in the series
>>
>>81749133
no quagmire is a deeply troubled person trying to fill an emotional void because the only woman he loved dumped him (Cheryl Tiegs) and the universe itself seems predisposed to prevent him from attaining the only woman who might be able to fill the void.(lois)
>>
>>81749983
>>81750053
Yeah Joe I suppose, but he's pretty much Meg without the psychosis.
>>
>>81750101
Doesn't make it ok, but it makes him more likeable. That's just human nature. People respect an asshole if he's confident.

Why do you think every girl you ever had a crush on dated a jerk? Why do you think Trump is in the lead for President?
>>
>>81750899
>>>>/r9k/
>>
>>81750013
That said, the absurd number of implications of sexual assaults does detract highly from any moral high ground. The morally best people in Family Guy are Neutral at best, or one-off characters.
>>
>>81749907
>rape jokes.
Oh no.
not that.
>>
Pretty much none of the characters in Family Guy are likeable, making them all equally shitty people.
>>
>>81749863
The worst part about him is that he's just seth's mouth piece. Or he was, at least. I doubt that he'd let the show paint his self insert in a negative light
>>
>ITT: Spectrum disorders
>>
>>81749863
>Brian on the other hand is supposed to be the sober voice of a reason
He hasn't been that since coming back from the cancelling.
>>
>>81753734
What?
>>
>>81749863
>Repeatedly attempts to steal Lois, the wife of his best friend.

I know people keep using this as an argument, but it's hard to give a shit since Peter has to be one of the worst cartoon husbands in history.
>>
>>81753835
He's calling us autistic, as if he isn't as well.
>>
>>81749133
Quagmire, you're a rapist.
>>
I think what matters is whoever is the least worse person on the show
>>
>>81750053
>implying any character hasn't been implied to do really awful things for the sake of a gag

Since all the characters are now liable to be written as having murderous/pedophilic/necrophiliac tendencies at any given time for the sake of a joke now that the show's writing has absolutely no effort put into it, it's weird that they chose Quagmire, the wacky unapologetic rapist, as the one who's always portrayed as disapproving of everything. Is it a knowing thing from the writers, a little "wink nudge" that the characters are now such callous monsters with no distinguishing characteristics that Quagmire can call them all out?
>>
>>81749288
It is implied that quagmire rapes a tied up teenager in one of the first episodes.
https://youtu.be/hXUDmAXzXVM
>>
>>81749863

>repeatedly beats the living shit out of a baby
>insanely triggered by anything not fitting his worldview

I think I also remember him raping someone, but I haven't seen the show in years so I don't think I remember correctly.
>>
>>81755725
Brian had sex with a non talking dog in an early episode so technically she couldn't consent.
>>
>>81750053
>Joe, probably.

Nah.

It was established early on that if Joe could walk he'd leave his family and friends for what he thinks are better options.

His handicap is the only thing forcing him to be a decent person.
>>
>>81753075
Quagmire's rant did just that
>>
I found the first two volumes for like $7, and I'm watching them right now and holy shit the early seasons were like an actual TV show. There were characters that actually acted like characters and weren't just there to nonchalantly tell jokes. How does a show go so wrong?
>>
>>81749288
>>81749133
Don't you fucking remember when he tried to rape Lois?
>>81749532
Having lots of sex is not bad; it's just that Quagmire tried to rape, and has, others, that is where I draw the line.
>>
>>81750053
You mean that same Joe that willingly cheated on his wife?

Also, Chris and Meg are products of their Peter and Lois's non existent parenting. They literally become better people due to the giudence from other Quahog residents.
>>
>>81750108
But the Simpsons were alive, we saw them when the Griffins visited Springfield
>>
>>81749133
He's a rapist. That's all there is to it.
>>
Family Guy characters are way too inconsistent to be considered good or bad people.
>>
>>81749133
100%
>>
>>81749133
yes but he doesn't pretend he isn't one like brian
>>
He's committed ever type of rape
Doesn't care that he spreads enough diseases to make a mosquito jealous
And has enough illegitimate kids that if he didn't abandon them and actually gave them $20 each in child support a month, he's be paying $15k a a month.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.