[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is his best work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: frank-miller-image.jpg (29 KB, 270x398) Image search: [Google]
frank-miller-image.jpg
29 KB, 270x398
What is his best work?
>>
Elektra Lives Again

I feel like barely anyone has read it though.
>>
>>81747191
If you ask me, it's his run on Daredevil.
>>
From what I've read, daredevil and year one.
>>
>>81747305
A lot of people think The Dark Knight Returns is better than Year One, and both opinions are fine to have.
Personally, I prefer TDKR, but that's just me.
>>
>>81747412
I like TDKR, but I just think Year One is absolutely solid. For me, Year One was just more iconic as far as Batman goes. When I think of Batman I think of the scene when he blows through the wall at the commissioner's dinner, and when I think Bruce Wayne I think about the scene with the foreign girl snuggling up against him while he laughs off Gordon's remarks about Batman.
>>
File: TDKR.jpg (23 KB, 497x280) Image search: [Google]
TDKR.jpg
23 KB, 497x280
>>81747673
Hey man, that's peachy keen and I can respect that. For me, when I think of Batman, I think of this, or when he takes out the bank robbers after crashing their car.

Different strokes, right?
>>
File: ronin.jpg (67 KB, 502x747) Image search: [Google]
ronin.jpg
67 KB, 502x747
>>81747191
>>
>>81747213
Because no one gives two shits about Elektra.
>>
>>81747191
Daredevil
>>
>>81747213
Fuck, I need to finish this.
>>
>>
Here's the real question: Born Again or The Man Without Fear?
>>
Him teaming up with Dave Gibbons for Martha Washington is my jam.

All his other work is great, but Martha Washington just sticks with me somehow.
>>
>>81748222
Born again, easily. I love man without fear but i dont think any daredevil story for me will ever quite measure up to born again.
>>
Between his Batman and Daredevil stuff I gotta go with Born Again, by a country mile.
>>
Holy terror
>>
>>81747213
Yeah that's really strong.

Personally I'd say Born Again as a writer though. Or Elektra Assassin.
>>
>>81747191
he sucks a pretty mean dick
>>
File: Frank Miller.jpg (186 KB, 1200x777) Image search: [Google]
Frank Miller.jpg
186 KB, 1200x777
Dream Warriors
>>
>>81747191
ASBAR
>>
>>81749285
sak is that you? If not then nvm

You're 100% correct tho
>>
>>81749381
The best part about it is how everyone criticized how dumb his batman acted but it was basically prophetic with how he would be written in the future. All people want is Bats to run around crippling bad guys like in the Arkham games and then fuck hot chicks as their own self insert.

Its the future we chose
>>
>>81749512
We deserve nothing but ASBAR Batman desu
>>
>>81749512
I just want him to settle down with Selina so they can raise Damian and the orphans Bruce has collected.
>>
>>81747191
Batman :Year One
Daredevil
TDKR
Martha Washignton
>>
>>81748351
Give Me Liberty was 10/10, both GIbbons and Miller were firing on all cylinders. It's too bad the Martha Washington books got progressively worse from there as Miller's writing degraded and GIbbons moved to digital art.
>>
File: YGCI1xL.jpg (88 KB, 594x416) Image search: [Google]
YGCI1xL.jpg
88 KB, 594x416
What does /co/ think of his body of work?
>>
>>81750113
Just like his writing, there was a surprising turn around.
But while his body has gotten better since then, his writing has not.
>>
>>81749512
Yeah.
And ASBAR Batman felt like Miller was taking the piss on how Batman was already characterized around that time. He could get pretty insufferable in the 90s-early 00s.
Full circle
>>
>>81750113
Generally good, bit of a dip after Sin City, but all worth reading.
>>
>>81747191
Born Again followed by the rest of his Daredevil work.
>>
Daredevil: Born again
Ronin
Martha Washington goes to War
Batman year one
TDKR
>>
TDKR is my personal favorite I still remember being 10 years old reading it when it first came out from my older brothers books and being blown away by it. After that I'd go with Born Again.
>>
I think everyone forgets he also wrote the classic movies Robo-cop 2, and Robo-Cop 3!!! That has to be the pinnacle of his professional work as a writer!
>>
>>81750458
>Martha Washington goes to War
Really? It's just a rehash of Atlas Shrugged with no where near the intelligence of Give Me Liberty
>>
File: frank_millers_ronin_4_20-21.jpg (650 KB, 2012x1516) Image search: [Google]
frank_millers_ronin_4_20-21.jpg
650 KB, 2012x1516
>>81748016
Yeah this get's my vote

I love this page, it's horrifying
>>
>>81748216
Yes
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.