[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you read comics with your significant other, /co/? My girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: X-Men v1 #1.jpg (159 KB, 550x822) Image search: [Google]
X-Men v1 #1.jpg
159 KB, 550x822
Do you read comics with your significant other, /co/? My girlfriend decided to read every X-Men comic ever, and I'm along for the ride. Currently plotting out the publication order.

Fuck this whole nonsense with the New X-Men renaming/renumbering.

And goddamn, Wolverine has had a lot of comics.
>>
>>81738491

There's some weird shit in here, too. Bishop had a sort of ghetto procedural book? Havok had a series with insane covers? And I guess Warlock had a book for a second.
>>
>>81738491
>Do you read comics with your significant other, /co/? My girlfriend decided to read every X-Men comic ever, and I'm along for the ride.

Well, I kind of have to use my hands to read comics, so yeah.
>>
File: wolverine.png (12 KB, 710x348) Image search: [Google]
wolverine.png
12 KB, 710x348
We've hit peak Wolverine.
>>
>>81738491
>all that clawman
kek, the 00s really were a strange time
>>
>>81740270
Not really. The 2010's are a strange time because Marvel pretends Wolverine isn't one of their most beloved characters
>>
>>81740270

I never really read a lot of Marvel, but I knew there was a lot of Wolverine. That isn't even including his Avengers stuff.
>>
Christ, the fucking numbering and renumbering and going back two fucking volumes and name-changes and then just giving the name to a totally different book.
>>
>>81740311

I can only assume there was some severe burnout among the readers.
>>
lesbians go
>>
>>81740766
Dont be rude to my friend
>>
>>81740766

Wait, what? OP here, genuinely baffled.
>>
Hey hey, X-Men 2099. Forgot that was a thing.
>>
Also, it seems like Marvel had a sustained interest in mining nostalgia, between First Class, Hidden Years, Professor Xavier and the X-Men, bringing back the O5, etc.
>>
Yep
>>
>>81741464
A bizarre nostalgia given that the O5 sucked and got the books put into reprints until a meaty canadian manlet brought them to the top
>>
>>81744401

We're fucking loving X-Men v1 right now. Everything is insane. Beast just straight-up developed a personality halfway through an issue.
>>
>>81738491
>your significant other

That's just mean.
>>
>>81746787

12 years, senpai, and still doing rad shit like reading comics together. We'll call each other whatever we want.

Captcha, I refuse to consider a smoothie or a parfait juice, how dare you.
>>
>>81746631
Did you get to the point where the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants infiltrated a missile launch facility by sending them a remote control with a big red button on it via ordinary mail delivery?
>>
>>81747223

We literally just started, but we're completely on board with the two key X-Men facts:

1) It's a soap opera for nerds
2) Shit's ridiculous most of the time

We just read issue 3. She got to meet the Blob, and loves the fact that he instantly turned into a rapidly escalating megalomania case upon discovering not his powers, but the reason for them.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.