[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo /co/, watchu think of Otaku Dad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1436146795-page14.jpg (601 KB, 900x1173) Image search: [Google]
1436146795-page14.jpg
601 KB, 900x1173
Yo /co/, watchu think of Otaku Dad?
>>
>>81736826
>Shitting on the Pokemon anime

I think this guy has shit opinions.
>>
>>81737734
that feel when ash will never grow up and you already lost your virginity
>>
File: ms. mayfield is THICK.jpg (647 KB, 900x1173) Image search: [Google]
ms. mayfield is THICK.jpg
647 KB, 900x1173
>>
>>81737734
It depends. From what I've heard:

>Kanto arc: Great
>Orange Island arc: 11/10 BEST ARC
>Johto arc: Great
>Hoenn arc: WAKE ME UP
>Battle Frontier arc: WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>Sinnoh: CAN'T WAKE UP
>Unova: WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>XY: Pretty okay

Seriously, just have Ash grow up. If Yu-Gi-Oh can have legacy characters, why can't Pokemon?
>>
>>81736826
it sucks
>>
>>81736826
Whomp guy's Alice Grove.
>>
>>81737875
>tfw Ash never ages and he's already going to lose his virginity before you do
>>
It's alright. A handful of good gags, the father is an interesting character, the dynamic between the two kids is fun. Its problem is it wants to be a slice of life but being that it comes out once a week it needs to move fast so as not to bore the audience.
>>
>>81739099
Yu-Gi-Oh went to shit about halfway through the motorcycles.
>>
>>81736826
This page is a good example of something I like about the comic, but also kind of confuses me. In a normal manga/anime/western comic or cartoon, simple misunderstandings are often much more drawn out and culminate in a big climax. Ashley could have mistakenly thought Hana's name was Mike for half the school year, finally ending with some big elaborate plot probably involving an imagined love triangle or something. But Ronnie often resolves his Otaku Dad conflicts quickly, cleanly, and with real world logic and understanding. Hana just suddenly comes up and admits her name isn't Mike, setting the whole thing straight, and now that whole potential plot is just over before it could start and we can move on to the next one. It's kind of refreshing because misunderstanding type plots can be really frustrating and played out, but at the same time it's a little underwhelming. The comic's just been breezing through a lot of conflicts very quickly like that and not maintaining the kind of arcs you might expect, and I dunno how to feel about it.
>>
>>81742237
Like >>81740460 said, it comes out once a week so gotta keep a brisk pace.
>>
>>81738808
Was this one changed? I thought I remembered the last panel just reading "You found out about the pillow," but I might be mistaken.
>>
File: 1447693679-page33.jpg (724 KB, 900x1173) Image search: [Google]
1447693679-page33.jpg
724 KB, 900x1173
"This is my apartment, right Hana-chan?" asked the sleepy, sleepy dad.

"Yes, I wanted to know when you came home, so I waited here."

"Hey, Simpson-Sama! Your son is two doors down."

"I ALREADY TRIED THAT DOOR."

"Well, nobody answered, so that couldn't have been it!"

Ashley appears behind his own stumbling father. "I saw you. You were knocking on a car that was stopped at the traffic light."
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.