[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Returns the better movie of the two?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: batmen.png (584 KB, 720x526) Image search: [Google]
batmen.png
584 KB, 720x526
Was Returns the better movie of the two?
>>
>>81736700
I think I like both equally.

That said, I always wish DC had made a comic set in the Burtonverse that takes place right after Returns. Maybe with Hugo Strange as the villain.
>>
>>81736700
Batman 89 was a great early golden age bats movie

Returns was the same batman vs a Burton movie and all its gory whacky characters

I like the 1st one better but returns is fun and sometimes poignant and I feel more bad for Bruce in returns
>>
>>81736700
not really no

but it's not a bad movie
>>
File: 4214044-1339826625-6UZDR.jpg (434 KB, 3975x900) Image search: [Google]
4214044-1339826625-6UZDR.jpg
434 KB, 3975x900
Imagine, if you would...

>The Joker has gone to multiple universes to collect jokers for a big plan
>Batman must now do the same and collect his batmen
>Adam West Bats plays the role of Bruce in Batman Beyond

Well?
>>
>>81738381
On one condition -
>Heat Legend and Nicholson's Jokers irrationally hate the shit out of each other, especially over what they have the most in common
>Leto & Romero's start off making catty comments at each other's edginess and camp respectively, but unexpectedly end up becoming bros
>>
>>81736700
It comes down to preference. The first one was probably the objectively better Batman movie but Returns has its own really weird appeal.
>>
Batman Returns is not only better, it's the best Batman film. Period.

It's also one of my personal favorite movies of all time.
>>
>>81739909
Why do you consider it to be the best Batman movie? Just curious.
>>
>>81736700
Neither were great Batman movies or great Tim Burton movies. I like elements of each and without them we would not have gotten BTAS but they are pretty lousy overall. Basically better than Forever and B&R, but nowhere near as good as TDK trilogy or even the Batman world established in BvS.
>>
>>81736700
Better
>>
>>81738381

Look at how sad Battfleck is. It's like he knows he has the shittiest costume.
>>
>>81740623
>putting the Nolan trilogy that far over the Burton movies
Seriously? They really didn't age that well, imo.
>>
>>81736700
They're both interesting for different reasons. Batman Returns is very clearly more of a Tim Burton movie, though. In the first movie he was very stylistically restricted because it had to be appealing for the mainstream.
>>
>>81738381
I'll never understand the logic behind putting nipples on the Batman suit, but what's even more illogical is that they kept it in Batman & Robin even after everyone made fun of it in Batman Forever.
>>
>>81738381
Clint Eastwood will always be my pick for Batman Beyond Bruce. I always thought it was a shame that he never got to play Batman when he was younger, but he'd be perfect as an elderly Bruce Wayne.
>>
Jack Nicholson is a more solid Joker overall. He's the "Mafiso joker" trying to make his own crime family. He's not a terrorist, he wants power and fun. He's unpredictable but has class and a wicked sense of humour.

Heath Ledger Joker starts out as an agent of chaos doing shit for chaos sake, then in the middle of the film he turns around and says there's a reason for his plan and he's been trying to prove a point that comes off as insincere given the first half of the film. Heath's acting is good but the writing for the Joker is not and it feels like we have two different Jokers in the same film.

Batman is outshined by the Joker in both movies though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.