[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, /co/, when the inevitable Faith threads started showing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: faith valiant superhero.jpg (119 KB, 640x984) Image search: [Google]
faith valiant superhero.jpg
119 KB, 640x984
Alright, /co/, when the inevitable Faith threads started showing up and accusations were flying left and right, a lot of you said that Valiant comics were damn good and worth reading.

So, how do I get into Valiant? I want to put my money where my mouth is and actually buy the TPDs, not just download cbr files. What books should I buy and how much is this all going to cost? I haven't bought a comic since 2014
>>
>>81734594
Remember: first download, then buy what you liked. Also, look for a reading order.
>>
File: when pigs fly.png (2 MB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
when pigs fly.png
2 MB, 780x1200
>>81734594
The author seems to be the kind of physics-ignorant moron who doesn't know that touching more than one electric wire at a time will FRY your fat ass.
>>
>>81734594
Just pick up #1 that isn't Bloodshot Reborn and Wrath of Eternal Warrior. I went with X-O Manowar, Bloodshot and Harbinger first.
>>
That's a joke comic right?
Like the Professional?
>>
>>81734594

Start with X-O, Archer & Armstrong, Bloodshot, Harbinger and Shadowman. Shadowman is probably the weakest one there but the rest are good.

I think the Faith miniseries may have giving them a good boost from the general public, they were virtually unknown a little from their reboot until that but I guess it's a good thing they are finally getting recognition.Valiant played the SJWs to a fiddle I reckon.
>>
>>81734594
My suggestion is this: read Rai first. Why? It's a quick read, it's great, it's self contained and it will lead into the 4001AD event. 12 issues have been released.

I would then jump into Harbinger and catch up to the current awesome Imperium, or go with Archer & Armstrong, the second series just started so it's a good time to read the first one.
>>
>>81734828
She's well insulated
>>
File: Fixed.png (318 KB, 1228x1078) Image search: [Google]
Fixed.png
318 KB, 1228x1078
>>81734594
>>
>>81737478
Put a pizza place logo on the laptop and you're golden.
>>
>>81734828

It's ok, she's well-insulated from any lethal shocks
>>
>>81734594
Damn. When she leaves those wires, the poor pigeons will be flung into space.
>>
>>81740138
Pixar made a cartoon with exactly that
>>
>>81734594
She's a big girl.
>>
>>81740789
U U U U
>>
>>81734594
Harbringer, X-O, and Bloodshot are the most relevant universe wise so they are good staring point, plus Bloodshot leads to Bloodshot Reborn which is my favorite valiant ongoing.

On the other hand there is Archer & Armstrong and Quantum & Woody, both are quite fun, and have little connection with rest of the universe so you can read them standalone with no issues.
>>
>>81734594
Personally I think you can start anywhere, but my go to starting points are either X-O Manowar or the miniseries The Valiant. But really as long as you aren't reading Shadowman (and if Operation Deadside is anything to go off of, I think Kindt wants to do Shadowman at some point so its possible he'll have a good book soon.) you're gonna have a good time. Also, I haven't even checked out the Faith mini, is it worth it?
>>
>>81735009
Yeah, I can deal with a Faith book if they are gonna get a boost from it. They've consistently put out the Cape books I'm most invested in since I've started reading.
>>
Also, you think we'll hear something about another Quantum and Woody mini or ongoing soon?
>>
Start with Harbinger, X-O, and Bloodshot if you're looking at "shared universe" appeal.
Shadowman is good as far as I'm concerned. Not as good as the others, but still enjoyable.

If you enjoy Harbinger, go on to Divinity before picking up Imperium. It makes an arc in Imperium make a bit more sense.

I haven't personally read Unity, Archer and Armstrong, or Quantum and Woody.

Also, even though it has no real bearing on the more superhero end of things, Ivar is pretty good, and a quick read. I thought it was fun and charming.
>>
>>81746039
>I haven't personally read Unity, Archer and Armstrong, or Quantum and Woody.

W H Y
H
Y

If you liked Ivar you will love Armstrong.
>>
Read EVERYTHING. Use a reading order.
>>
>>81734594
>So, how do I get into Valiant?
Ok there is old valiant but id sooner recommend the rebirth in i think 2012.
And for that.
xo manowar
archer and armstrong
quantum and woody
Unity
Divinity
Ivar timewalker

Theyre all cool though if im going to really REALLY REEEEEALY recommend some you should absolutely get. Easily get Archer and armstrong and quantum and woody.

Quantum and woody are simply fucking hillarious as they are endearing. Every issue in that series is great. both the newer series they had going.

Archer and armstrong likewise is just....unique yet familiar. It's like watching an incredibly original comic in that almost no other comics are quite like it. But if youve watched johnny quest, indiana jones, or even venture bros you have some idea of the kind of story it is in some ways. Its just pure crazy adventure. Starring a boy raised in a cult who learned a million different martial arts and techniques he utilizes to get shit done despite being a swell young lad, and an immortal layabout with connections to the story of gilgamesh. One of my fav comics.
>>
>>81747197
>Use a reading order.

link?
>>
>>81747197
Does classic Valiant have one? I ask out of curosity
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.