[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will you admit that you were wrong about him being bad and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 22
File: Buhbye.png (416 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
Buhbye.png
416 KB, 816x816
When will you admit that you were wrong about him being bad and get over the fact that he's the best live action Joker?
>>
>>81732163
Can we see more than 12 seconds of him first?
>>
File: jaws.jpg (71 KB, 800x447) Image search: [Google]
jaws.jpg
71 KB, 800x447
Come home, son.
>>
>>81732184
BvS sucked, MoS was barely acceptable, Suicide Squad looks like it'll be my favorite movie this year
>>
>>81732163
come back when he has eyebrows
>>
Eh, I haven't been too impresed with swag yoloker
>>
>>81732257
He'll get them tattooed on.

One will say "messed" and the other "up"
>>
>>81732163
First off, we haven't even seen him yet. Secondly, Heath Ledger is and always will be the best live action Joker, with Cesar Romero as a close second.
>>
>>81732163
I will never trust anyone involved in DC movies anymore.
>Lex will be menacing and scary!
>He's just putting on a show!
>>
>>81732257
Jared leto with eyebrows as The Joker will be a fucking joke, he's just a pretty boy like that.

>>81732298
>Romero instead of Nicholson
Opinion discard.
>>
File: harley-and-joker.jpg (65 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
harley-and-joker.jpg
65 KB, 1000x600
I'll admit seeing this outfit made me really happy.

But there's still the grill.

And the forehead tattoo.

And the dumb haircut.

And his facial expressions.

I'm trying not to be too skeptical, but shit.
>>
>>81732163
>Ben best live action Batman
>Jared best live action Joker
I fucking love 2016!
>>
When he stops laughing like an electronic cackling witch with dying batteries.
>>
>>81732567
I like that, though

It sounds sick, cancerous, infected, the laugh really gives his Joker a distinct personality
>>
>>81732163
Sorry but the retarded nigger culture shit attached to him is completely fucking stupid.
>>
I thought he'd be good when he was originally cast. I still thought it could work great when we got the "Damaged" pic.
The trailers proved me wrong though, I admit it.
>>
>>81732163
When the movie comes out and it's as bad as BvS and WB stops viral marketing it like they did with BvS. Oh, but I'll be right then, I won't have to admit being wrong.
>>
>>81732163
DAMAGED
>>
>>81732652
It's nigh impossible for it to be as bad as BvS because Snyder's not making it.
>>
>>81732652
>as bad as BvS
That's very hard to do.
>>
>>81732652
I expect it to go full-Catwoman in terms of being an unwatchable trainwreck.
I'm glad Assault on Arkham exists, animated DC saving the day once again
>>
File: TiOuOlZ.png (1 MB, 745x1120) Image search: [Google]
TiOuOlZ.png
1 MB, 745x1120
>>81732163
I don't need to.
He had my approval when Jared Leto was cast.
>>
Not sure yet but rock star Bowie-esque Joker is interesting to say the least.
>>
File: br13.jpg (43 KB, 324x344) Image search: [Google]
br13.jpg
43 KB, 324x344
>>81733124
But this isn't Bowie Joker, that's my biggest issue with it. This is Marilyn Manson Joker.
>>
>>81732163
Need to see more than 12 seconds of acting. So far nothing has show me that he isn't the worse.
>>
>>81732521
it's not a grill you moron
>>
>>81732163
His lack of eyebrows is rather distracting, also his arm isn't bleached.
Still don't care about him, will probably care even less if Bat of Murder doesn't turn him into a lead statue.
>>
>>81733149
he's Manson Joker if he's wearing assles chaps.
>>
File: 650-10-11.jpg (3 MB, 1988x1528) Image search: [Google]
650-10-11.jpg
3 MB, 1988x1528
I'm trying to hear his nasally laugh in this scene, but all I imagine is Jason shooting him halfway through, it doesn't work.
>>
File: land of the free.jpg (294 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
land of the free.jpg
294 KB, 582x600
>>81732267
>>
>>81732163
almost certainly never, i'm not even planning on watching it

i guess in like 20 years when it's on tv, if tv is even still a thing then? who cares
>>
>>81732163
this terrifying

It reminds me of Joker in Endgame .. Joker in the final of the movie?
>>
File: crown prince of crime.jpg (151 KB, 1246x759) Image search: [Google]
crown prince of crime.jpg
151 KB, 1246x759
>>81732521
I will fucking find you
>>
Nothing is going to change how terrible that design is.

I'm completely confident in Jared Leto's ability to play a great Joker. The problem is he looks like a sketch on a teenager's deviantart account.
>>
I don't know mate. I was indifferent till last trailer. Now I really do belive that he might be the most faithful to the source material, not in the design department of course, more like his presence is a lot more Joker-ish than Ledger who was just a psychopath, or Nicholson who was just a middle aged madman. Leto really looks like the kind of guy that might either torture your ass or just tell you a joke and then torture your ass, you know what I mean?!
>>
>>81732521
Don't forget the voice
>>
>>81732163
I won't admit to anything because I know he'll be great and all the meme posters will be ridiculed.
>>
>>81734953
>It reminds me of Joker in Endgame
Which was awful. Synder can't write Joker. Which is a shame because he can do well with all other Bat villian.
>>
>>81733101
It'd be freakier if his teeth were just deliberately oversized caps, but not shiny. Gives his entire mouth a slightly cartoonish look, like Carry's Mask
>>
File: just in my sleep.jpg (725 KB, 1280x1439) Image search: [Google]
just in my sleep.jpg
725 KB, 1280x1439
>>81738540
>he can do well with all other Bat villian
Kek, nope.

Btw he has is eyes set on Harv now. He said he wanted to make him as scary as the Joker.
>>
>>81732163
Haven't seen the trailers, ain't planning on watching the movie. Movies based on comics are for casuals with the producers having no clue who to appease or attract anymore. BvS was shit. Nicholson best.
>>
>>81733561
Am I the only one who automatically reads comic pages in Hamill voice?
>>
>>81732163
When the movie is actually in cinemas, I get to watch it, and reassure my greatest fear: DC can't into live-action movies anymore.

Gee, thanks Snyder for fucking up everything AGAIN.
>>
>>81735910
>Nothing is going to change how terrible that design is.
Got to agree with that. Fits in with the general terribleness of the DCEU.

These are chimps trying to imitate what made The Dark Knight good, by imitating and exaggerating the differences in its superficial elements from other superhero representations. TDK gave us a Joker who looked like he went on a bender between putting on his makeup and showing up on screen. DCEU's giving us a Joker who looks like he's the product of a serious meth habit.

That's more! More is better!

What DC really needed was to lighten up after TDKR, and give us a shiny, bright, simple, unconflicted Superman. And maybe just stay away from Batman for a while. Maybe take a different approach than the MCU and keep the heroes in their own separate continuities, where you don't have to try manage clashing aesthetics and wildly varying power levels.
>>
>>81732521
Man, I want to see a movie Joker exactly like that. Who would be able to pull off the looks?
>>
>>81732418
Nicholson was phoning it in. Full on unhinged Shining-tier Nicholson would have been the undisputed GOAT Joker. Instead we got low energy Nicholson. He was okay though.
>>
>>81735611
would make sense from all the times bats has beaten his face in
>>
>>81738871
Synder's not even making this

I guarantee that if he were in control Joker wouldn't have tattoos and metal teeth.
>>
File: supermad.png (1 MB, 1617x583) Image search: [Google]
supermad.png
1 MB, 1617x583
hahaha nice one op
now stop
>>
>>81732686
Stop trashing Snyder it's the the prods fault wanting to make 5 movies in one, It's like if Marvel had jumped from Iron Man 1 to Avengers without making other prequels for Thor and Captain America, Snyder could have made a great Batman and Man of Steel 2 if he had the time to do it any director would have failed, it was set up to fail with that producers madness wanting to catch up with Marvel at all cost
>>
File: Joker-Endgame[1].png (181 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
Joker-Endgame[1].png
181 KB, 500x303
>>81732521
>dumb haircut
>not liking based Capullo's Joker
>>
>>81732163
No, Jack Nicholson will always be the best live action Joker. Leto looks as if he'll do a good job of it, but let's not kid ourselves over who was the best.
>>
>>81739650
You mean the producer, who is his wife and lets him do whatever the fuck he wants? That producer?

Face it, BvS is exactly the movie the guy who made Sucker Punch wanted to make.
>>
>>81733149
What's this pic from?
>>
>>81732163
>GUYS BVS IS TOTALLY GOING TO BE THE MOVIE OF THE YEAR
blunder of the century

>GUYS SS JOKER WILL BE THE BEST THING EVER
why should we listen to you?
>>
>>81739739
Pleb detected.
>>
File: I checked.jpg (764 KB, 1806x596) Image search: [Google]
I checked.jpg
764 KB, 1806x596
>>81739616
>watching new SS trailer
>“What if Superman had decided to fly down, rip off the roof of the White House, and grab the president right out of the oval office. Who would have stopped him?”
>next scene is Joker laughing
kek
>>
>>81732163
I was always apprehensive about him but willing to give it a shot. The more I see of him more I'm looking forward to him. Ledger will still always be my favorite though.
>>
>>81739732

He barely looks like a clown in Capullo's run. Just pale mutant.

His design was certainly creepy, but it never struck me as being "Joker" enough.
>>
>>81739475
Well, the reason why I said that it's because BvS doing bad is affecting the future movies already, with Sucide Squad doing reshoots to "make it more fun".

But if things go WAY better than I expect, I'll be glad.
Still not supporting DC movies after the mess of Snyder
>>
>>81739856
Morrison's Batman & Robin, the second act of his Bat-epic.
>>
>>81732605
Yeah, Squidward.
>>
>>81739650
>Snyder could have made a great Batman and Man of Steel 2
But Man of Steel was bad. It had Kryptonians who had travelled to Earth in the past and had advanced spacefaring technology that could have moved them to another planet pretty easily.

It has a Zod who is genuinely just trying to save his own species, but who rushes to bring himself into unnecessary and premature conflict with one of its only remaining members, and the only one that has super powers so far (although, bizarrely, they have power armor that effectively gives them super powers anyway ... ? wtf?), by refusing to even think about ways to raise Kryptonians on Earth that don't involve killing all the humans first, with no apparent reason but to make the plot happen.

It has a Superman who gives no shits about collateral damage, sees no reason not to just punch invulnerable enemies through buildings in his hometown of Smallville, lets Metropolis get basically destroyed in yet another shitty Transformers city scene, and barely pauses to think before committing actual, literal genocide against his own people with his laser eyes by destroying their last remaining means of reproduction.

It's a plot about a fight between two insane genocidal asshole aliens. How is this Superman?
>>
File: harley getting kek'd.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
harley getting kek'd.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>81739732
No gonna lie, I like that haircut.
>>
>>81740084
>reshooting for more fun
>still believing this meme
>>
>>81740287
Huh, if it's false, then why are they reshooting?

Just curious about it
>>
>>81740767
Not that anon but almost every block buster have a reshoot still 3 weeks is rather long yet many film has it that long too.

Ayer said it's for more action but I don't think it's all about action though unless it's a really big one or one that really hard to do.
>>
>>81732665
MOM IS GOING TO FREAK.
>>
>and read literature on shamanism. Influences for the character's appearance include Mexican cartel bosses and the work of Alejandro Jodorowsky.

you fucking guys man. this joker is meant to subconsciously set him in our own world as an eccentric criminal, i myself am reminded of people i've met in my own life, and the way he dresses with the nice use of color and shine is actually resembles a lot of cartel attire you could find online. hell, even his clean sharp look is also paralleled by cartel people.
my personal hope is that it all ties together into a morrison influenced type of joker with mindbendy type of activity and dialogue.
hell, the manson influence was morrison's advice to leto, if you want to blame anyone for how he looks, blame morrison.
>>
>>81732562
Fuck off faggot
>>
I want to protect that smile.
>>
File: byeee.webm (587 KB, 1280x500) Image search: [Google]
byeee.webm
587 KB, 1280x500
>>81743281
Me too
>>
still don't like him.

unless this really is a jason todd or some other robin turned into the joker, i don't feel like the character here works.
>>
>>81732163
Dunno, I'm just glad they don't try to do Nicholeson or Ledger version all over again, I want something new and I hope Ayer and Leto deliver it.
>>
I like the look minus the tattoos still. I dig the haircut and laugh. I'm still only watching this for Boomer tho.
>>
>>81743953
I think it's nice that DC and Marvel are getting friendly enough that they can have Electro from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in Suicide Squad.
>>
>>81743780
I don't know, from the little we've seen he looks like he's borrowing a lot from Ledger
Or maybe just because "psycho killer" is the way joker is now
>>
>>81744032
ASM was sony and that specific franchise is dead
>>
>>81744653
It's his voice, I guess.
>>
>>81732163
I havent seen the movie yet, you faggot. It hasn't come out, so how the fuck do you know he's the best? We've barely seen anything of him
>>
What I like about DC films is that they use brand new villains that we've never seen before.
>>
>>81738722
I do the same, I read all comic characters with the sound of their voice actors in animated adaptations, Joker - Hamill, Batman - Conroy, Harley - Sorkin, Superman - Daly, Lex - Brown, etc.
>>
>>81743619
>unless this really is a jason todd or some other robin turned into the joker

Fuck off.

Also you don't know shit about his "character" since you haven't seen the fucking movie and know fuck all about his performance as the Joker.
>>
>>81732163
Honestly, has there been a BAD version of the Joker in any medium? Seems to me he's the easiest comic book character to play, ever. Nevertheless, I personally prefer my Joker not to look like a tweeked out Marilyn Manson impersonator.
>>
>>81746523
Sound more Hammill than Ledger to me IMO

Well at least in those leaked scenes.
>>
>>81732727
>GOTG will flop, yo
>>
>>81739319
Mel Gibson?
>>
>>81735910
Same thing was said about Ledger hobo Joker. The funny thing is aside from Tattoos and crowns, he looks more like the Joker than any of the other big screen version.

Bleached skin, green hair red lips. etc
>>
File: 1323323081965.jpg (27 KB, 327x248) Image search: [Google]
1323323081965.jpg
27 KB, 327x248
>>81732267
>>
>>81740767
Every movie made has reshots. You think that in two weeks after BVS reception they managed to at a moments notice gather all the actors, rebuild sets, get back crew and all the other shit that goes into movie making to do reshoots with scenes written on the fly? Try thinking for once
>>
>>81749241
I know you're kidding but I'm glad DC is doing a film like this, even if it seems like it's trying to cash in on Guardians and Deadpool.

One thing I'm worried about (besides the DCEU looking to be a complete fuckup) is how they're going to use Deadshot and Croc in future Batman films since they have likable Will Smith and Croc being dopey comic relief characters.
>>
>>81749553
Not in live action, but there is at least one Cartoon version that sucks and that is the one from The Batman. I heard the YJ Joker sucked too.
>>
>>81749553
>Honestly, has there been a BAD version of the Joker in any medium?
(Scott) Snyder's Joker
"The Batman" Joker
>>
>>81749790
Huh, good point, The Batman was so bad I completely forgot it existed. Proves the rule I guess.
>>
>>81749752
>You think that in two weeks after BVS reception they managed to at a moments notice gather all the actors, rebuild sets, get back crew and all the other shit that goes into movie making to do reshoots with scenes written on the fly?
Who says they needed to do any of that. Punch-up scenes are pretty easy to film.
>>
>>81749834
What's wrong with Snyder's Joker?
>>
File: And So Damian Wayne Was Born.jpg (7 KB, 210x208) Image search: [Google]
And So Damian Wayne Was Born.jpg
7 KB, 210x208
>>81732163
mfw this was probably the same faggot that kept making those "HOW MANY HATERS ARE LEFT" threads about BvS a few weeks before it released
>>
>>81750000
The "how many haters are left" threads were about Batfleck though, and even BVS biggest haters praised him as Batman so....
>>
File: toy funeral.jpg (252 KB, 673x878) Image search: [Google]
toy funeral.jpg
252 KB, 673x878
>>81749752
I would guess they were preparing to reshoot in response to any reaction to BvS, whether good or bad, to see what people liked most probably. Like 'oh people really liked that jar of piss scene, we should have another one!' or something.
I think it was reported CW was reshooting to include this character sort of rather recently, which is kind of amazing if they really did it this close to release, SS on the other hand still has a fair amount of time to try to redo some shit if they want to steer away from BvS to some degree.
>>
>>81750088
Or maybe it's just like every other movie that has reshoots? Nah can't be that
>>
>>81750126
That's kind of what I'm saying, was probably already planned to some degree, no idea if they're actually trying to make it more humorous, that's simply what the rumors speculated it to be so what else can we go on?
>>
>>81749870
They don't need 3 weeks to do just that.
>>
>>81732163

I don't think anyone has doubted Leto's acting chops. Everyone just hated the tats, which are still stupid. He could give the greatest performance in the history of cinema and the tats would still be stupid.
>>
>>81732163
As long as they remove the tattoos, I'll be happy. Joker's costumes have actually been pretty good and Leto looks a lot "crazier" and intimidating than Heath Ledger's Joker, especially with the body language.
>>
>>81732163
Maybe when i see the movie, you fat piece of shit
>>
>>81751406
They're not going to remove the tats

Common isn't Tattooed Man, he's just one of Joker's mooks
>>
>>81751527
You never know, after the universal backlash for the tattoos they probably did something about them. Plus I'm pretty sure that scene where Joker is surrounded by weapons doesn't have the tattoos.
>>
>>81743619
He fucking kills Jason Todd during Harley's flashback's. This theory has never not been stupid.
>>
He's probably the best cast Joker. And one of the biggest examples of squandered casting in a superhero movie.
>>
>>81739987
filename should be "shoulda checked" still kekd tho.
>>
Maybe when the movie comes out and I actually watch it to see if his horrible new cinematic appearance is outweighed by a superb performance.
>>
I wish they'd cast someone that looks less like generic sexy girl and more like Harley. Robbie's not even remotely Jewish-looking, and Harley is supposed to be pretty darn Jewish!
Look at Tara Strand, that girl with the certificate from Paul Dini designating her as the official 3D Harley:
https://youtu.be/gH9y8CLM6qI
Couldn't they have looked for someone like this but better at the voice?
>>
>>81751655
And yet autists still hang onto it
>>
>>81732237
underrated post
>>
>>81732251
I felt the same way, and it's actually really weird, for me.

I never ever get hype for movies anymore, but Suicide Squad looks like big, fun action. Unlike the melodramatic "epics" that are trotted out by Marvel and DC of late.
>>
>>81732163
I believe it will be a good performance and a satisfying take on the character, but I still think this Joker is the living embodiment of a Spencer Gifts store and I think that's hilarious.
>>
>>81732521

There's a reason for the tattoos. If you believe the leaks...

Joker visits the Tattoo Man and has him tattoo him. Unfortunately the tattoos are not like the ones that give the Tattoo Man his powers, and that does not make the Joker happy.
>>
>>81735611
Everything about dentistry freak me out.
>>
>>81738560

Holy fuck. You're 100% right.
>>
>>81756926
And where would that be? Because The Joker has his stupid tattoos when he first meets Harley.
>>
>>81752935
I think it's a reference to that dumb "Sonic OC self-inserted into the Teen Titans universe" comic.
Robin tells Donut Steel that he heard him having sex with Raven the night before, but it's okay because she's not pregnant (he checked).
>>
File: 700.jpg (376 KB, 700x1030) Image search: [Google]
700.jpg
376 KB, 700x1030
I still have no idea what this movie is actually 'about'.

I know suicide squad and everything but I don't get what these people are actually doing in the movie beyond trading 90s sitcom one-liners.
>>
>>81761133
>I still have no idea what this movie is actually 'about'.
It's about expanding the DCEU
Nothing more.
Nothing less.
>>
File: 191542168541.jpg (388 KB, 834x640) Image search: [Google]
191542168541.jpg
388 KB, 834x640
>>81761133
Amanda Waller, emboldened by her success in trying the SlimFast diet, founds Suicide Squad as a reward for all seven people who remember who Boomerang was without having to use wikipedia. Jared Leto's prettiness has caused some random-ass city to tear itself into a post-apocalyptic warzone, so they all go there to bring peace with their 90s standup routine. Maggie Robbie wears hot pants as the next step in DC's ongoing crusade to convince us that Harley was ever actually relevant. Black Deadshot.
>>
>>81742671
>>81732163

I never felt that Joker was trying to be something he's not. I was never questioning whether he was trying to get people to think he was insane.
>>
File: 1433038132275.png (217 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
1433038132275.png
217 KB, 640x720
>>81735611

>tfw I made that pic
>>
>>81742671
>cartel attire you could find online.

what

Like, there are "dress like a cartel boss" online retailers?
>>
>>81766418
social media
>>81766180
the damaged tattoo is a joke, anon
>>
>>81732267
underheated roast
>>
>>81732163
When he stops looking like a Joker written and designed by a 15 year old edgelord who constantly listens to Linkin Park.
>>
>>81732163
>>81732203

Yeah my opinion is determined on the actual movie itself.
>>
>>81770170
>social media

d-does that answer my question?
>>
File: 1460533935117.jpg (12 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1460533935117.jpg
12 KB, 300x225
>>81732163
>>
File: 1460533761284.png (259 KB, 640x342) Image search: [Google]
1460533761284.png
259 KB, 640x342
>>81732163
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.