[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /co/. Long time no visit. I have to review a Legion of Super-Heroes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: LSH37.jpg (105 KB, 461x346) Image search: [Google]
LSH37.jpg
105 KB, 461x346
Hi /co/. Long time no visit.

I have to review a Legion of Super-Heroes comic, and I just absolutely hate it and all these dumb jerks. Can someone please explain the appeal to me? Thanks /co/.

(Pic is the Legion of Super-Heroes, but not the issue I'm reviewing.)
>>
>>81731952
Shipping.
It's a comic book about shipping, with some really substandard space opera clumsily tied onto it.
>>
>>81731979
And when the ships get kinda stale, they just reboot it completely (it's barely tied into any real continuity aside from Superman cock-nobbling) and create all new pairings.

There you have it, the entire reason for the existence for the comic.

Hundreds of issues and it hasn't introduced a single compelling sci-fi element. Not a goddamn one.
>>
File: 12407022_1110414515665347_1456.png (70 KB, 192x240) Image search: [Google]
12407022_1110414515665347_1456.png
70 KB, 192x240
>>81731952
>je suis une comic reviewer
>I have to review le capeshit
>>
>>81731979
>>81732008
Wow. Okay, good. I was worried I was missing something and maybe people cared about it because it meant something, but like...yeah, it's just all super boring.

>>81732024
I like superhero books. I just don't understand the appeal of these guys in particular.
>>
>>81732051
>I like superhero books
All hatereaders do.
>>
>>81732065
Okay, man.
>>
>>81731952
>I have to review a Legion of Super-Heroes comic
>I'll ask the Internet instead f doing my job
Where are you publishing (y)our review?
>>
>>81731952
How about you explain why you hate it so much.
>>
>>81732202
That's reasonable.

The seems really devoted to using time travel and parallel universes to hide the fact that it isn't concerned with telling any stories, or saying anything that means anything. There's too much direct exposition to remember, and the characters don't get much of a chance to develop personalities because of how complex the plot has to be.

"Bad writing" I guess is the answer, but that doesn't necessarily implicate the Legion of Super-Heroes themselves. Which is why I made this thread.
>>
>>81732107
The Outhousers.
>>
File: Behold.png (210 KB, 355x408) Image search: [Google]
Behold.png
210 KB, 355x408
>>81732286
How about, the entire solar system and much of the galaxy is inhabited by handsome white people, with a token dark alien race and maybe later an actual non-white human to shake things up, and most all of them have dull powers that look as if they were rolled out of a superhero RPG designed by 14 yr olds.

And 99% of them get overshadowed anyway by Superboy or his numerous power-clones and their dominating silver-age bullshit.
>>
>>81732359
it took them decades to introduce aliens that didn't look like a bad Star Trek concept.
>>
>>81732356
Then fuck off, faggot.
>>
Which Issues? The Legion introduced a lot of concepts to comics, hell it even introduced Marvel style continuity to stories because it was so far removed from other things. And the Legion do have an appeal, they can have real big stories with very lasting consequences because they are in the future no worry about going back to be closer to the realworld. Hell without that feature Darkseid would not be the big villain he is today, his stories in Legion made him one of the big DCU bads.
>>
LoSH would make a nice Star-Trek like live action series.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.