[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watching this movie on netflix, it's a childhood favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: We're_Back!_Movie_Poster.jpg (53 KB, 324x490) Image search: [Google]
We're_Back!_Movie_Poster.jpg
53 KB, 324x490
Watching this movie on netflix, it's a childhood favorite and i wanna see if it still hold up. What's/co's opinion?
So far animation seems top notch.
>>
It kinda stops making fucking sense in the second act.

Like we never know what Crow guys deal is. or whats really going on
>>
>>81724492
Goimg to be honest, i havent seen this movie in forever and the only thing i remember is the kids turning into monkeys.
>>
>whats wrong with your parents, do they beat you?
Wow this is darker than i remember
>>
>>81724492
This was largely due to a deleted scene that Bluth thought would darken the movie too much. Unfortunately, this movie was already pretty dark on the surface, and hell black once you start digging.
>>
I remember it having a really good villain. I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but I definitely remember the villain, and the creepy circus. I also remember the big musical number.
>>
Really good film
>>
>>81724455
Lisa Simpson loli is about it.
>>
>>81724455
I actually watched it a few months ago

It pretty much makes no sense, especially when it comes to the children. The boy hates his family and desperately wants to join a circus for no reason and the girl is really just along for the ride.
>>
>>81724455
Screweye did literally nothing wrong.

He just runs a circus to scare people that they voluntarily go to. When the kid wants to join his circus he outright tells him to go away and the kid basically forces him to make a deal. He gives away the dinosaurs because he's an idiot.
>>
>>81724455
Definitely not one of Bluth's better works, but it's not terrible.
>>
>>81724455
my dinosaur anatomy rage is real, and has been since I saw it as a kid. I never liked how cartoony they were, even if it was to show they weren't feral. Some better designs could have gone a long way.
That said, still one of my childhood favorites.
Screw eye was my favorite character.
>>
File: 318864_1258751408971_375_300.jpg (47 KB, 375x300) Image search: [Google]
318864_1258751408971_375_300.jpg
47 KB, 375x300
>>81724455
Any else already saw the rule 34 about that little jewish girl?
>>
>>81724455
ROLL BACK THE ROCK TO THE DAWN OF TIME
>>
>>81730402
They were changed to be cartoony by the good professor. It's the whole point of the story.

My op: It has dark moments, but it's really an upbeat movie. The characters, even the dinosaurs, show the best qualities of human nature.
>>
>>81724455
I still dont get the ending with the guy being eaten by crows and the only thing left is an eye.
>>
Why the fuck do so many anons keep mentioning Don Bluth? He has nothing to do with this movie.
>>
>>81724455
Its honestly not that good of a movie. But I fucking love it. Few things give me as much nostalgia.
>>
>>81732987

Similar style I suppose
>>
>>81732914
It was implied they represented "evil", which he'd been drawing power from. The crows didn't eat him, they just absorbed him back into the darkness.
>>
Screweyes did nothing wrong. All he wanted to do was run a horror attraction to scare people.
>>
>>81727995
From IMDB: "A scene in which Prof. Screweyes cages and chains the dinosaurs was fully animated, but ultimately cut from the movie on the grounds that it was too intense. Shots of it can still be seen in the original trailer."

This scene maybe?
>>
>>81733399
Honestly, even my childish brain didn't have a problem filling in any gaps in the plot.
>>
Freaks me out that it was a fake don bluth movie. and that it was part of a series of fake don bluth movies

thought it was don bluth this entire time
>>
>>81724492
>>81727995
>>81733399
https://youtu.be/ZdM5lWUBy9w
heres the deleted scene
>>
>>81730344
Not from Bluth
>>
>>81724455

>a penis with arms and legs

For what purpose?
>>
I can remember as a small child that I discovered this movie and loved it for no real reason other than it was a new cartoon I had not seen before. When I got a little older my family told me how shit it was and I argued it was great but then rewatched it and realized it was shit. Now I don't remember a thing about it.
>>
It's impossible not to hear Lisa Simpson.
>>
>>81737952
When you have exactly no vocal range...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOLcsnqBJjI&nohtml5=False

Admittedly Yeardley does give the character a slightly different inflection. Though to me it just sounds like Lisa with a wad of chewing gum in her mouth.
>>
Fuck you Don, you creepy pedophile.
>>
>>81724455
I've seen this a million times Korean dubbed on VHS. I forgot it existed until now.
>>
>>81732149
n-no. she was definetely a childhood waifu
>>
I had the biggest crush on the Yeardley-voiced girl.

Goddamn.
>>
>>81732914
Yeah, I thought crows like shiny things.
>>
They did the voice recording way the fuck back in early 1990, almost 4 years before this thing got released.
>>
>>81732914
When he was young, a crow accidentally ripped out his eye and he's been terrified of them since. He keeps a flock of them as slaves as a way of exerting dominance over his fear. He had become so obsessed with controlling his fear that he was ultimately left with nothing, and the birds eating him represented that.

He was literally consumed by fear.
>>
>>81741157
She literally was designed to look like her as well.
>>
>>81742576
Yes well, like I said they did the voice recording well before most of the design/animation work which takes a long time for a full-length film.
>>
>>81736407
It at least gives the bad guy more character and explain the crow and circus thing.Shame you don't get to see them revert to their "savage" form
>>
>>81725081
That line really took me by surprise when I rewatched it a few days ago. It makes me wonder just why Louie ran away. I mean, he said it was because his mom was "kissing" him in public, but was that really the whole story?
>>
>>81733334
I thought they represented fear.
>>
The animation is definitely great. A lot of the staging, atmosphere, etc are pretty terrific.

I remember rewatching it shortly after seeing Big Hero 6. It was interesting how the scene where Louie flies through the city on the pterodactyl was short but so much more thrilling and entertaining than the really derivative flying scenes in BH6.
There's just a lot of energy in We're Back. One of those movies that had a pretty dumb story, but you can tell that the people working on it put good inspiration into it.
Not to mention, it's full of so-dumb-it's-funny material.
>>
File: 1319689791958.gif (731 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1319689791958.gif
731 KB, 640x360
>want to rewatch it
>afraid it will unleash repressed memories
It had some nightmare fuel, man.
>>
>>81724492
>super spooped by the scene where he dies as a kid
>what it again a few years back
>it's actually funny as fuck
>>
>>81736407
A sympathetic movie about this guy could have been neat. He was actually kind of interesting.
>>
Do you want a hot dog
Or do you want a hawt dawg
>>
>>81745403
Do it anon. Face your fears!
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.