[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the Sony hack had never happened, what do you think would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: TASP2-game.png (263 KB, 300x424) Image search: [Google]
TASP2-game.png
263 KB, 300x424
If the Sony hack had never happened, what do you think would have happened with Spider-Man? More specifically, what would you have wanted to see in the Amazing Spider-Man 3?
>>
>>81723390
>More specifically, what would you have wanted to see in the Amazing Spider-Man 3?
I liked both ASM and ASM2
I have very low standards
But i don't want to see another ASM movie anymore
>>
>>81724065
I liked ASM but after seeing trailers for ASM2 I realized what direction they were taking and bailed.
>>
>>81723390
I would have loved to see the jackal be a player in all of this. Still have him be in love with Gwen, figuring out who spidey is by having him cloned.
Then in Amazing 4 it would have a version of venom/carnage/busted clone of Gwen and then having Peter having to beat/kill "her".
>>
>>81723390
How exactly did the hack make any difference? Sony have split rights to Spider-Man with Marvel because it was't making enough money, any other reasoning is just an excuse.
>>
>>81728200
It made a decent amount. It was received badly, and was the original 'too much set up for next movie' capeshit. And in the end, Sony couldn't make an extended universe with just Spiderman so they accepted the deal with Marvel.

>>81723390
Apparently for ASM3, they were going to revive Gwen's dad because Peter made a formula to resurrect the dead or some shit.
>>
>>81728152
That sounds completely ridiculous and silly.
>>
>>81723390
Even if the hack never happened these things still happened long before that:

-Sony gave up their cut of the Spider-Man film merchandising rights to Marvel/Disney in exchange for Marvel/Disney's cut from the box office of the films.
-ASM2 would've still gotten the same reception and box office it got, even if the e-mail leak didn't happen.
-And this: http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/05/01/spider-man-actor-andrew-garfield-got-himself-fired-from-series-by-insulting-sony-chief

I'd say the Sony/Marvel deal was probably inevitable.
>>
>>81728152
I would accept this if Jim Carrey played the Jackal
>>
>>81728460
If Garfield hadn't insulting that guy he probably would have stayed Spider-Man and gotten to join the MCU.
>>
>>81723390
Marvel/Disney were already negotiating to buy Spider-Man rights for 2 Billion. I think that deal would've went through due to the negative feedback and low profit of TASM2.
>>
>>81728851
I think I've heard Marvel/Disney wanted to step as far away from the Sony Spidey movies as possible. Which is sad because I really want J. K. Simmons back as JJJ
>>
Obviously this is the only way to go forward
>cast Miles Morales
>cast Spider-Gwen
>bring back Maguire and Garfield for a Spideyverse film
>cameo by the guy who plays Spidey in the old tv show and the guy who did Supaidaman
>>
>>81730361
based simmons is best JJJ. he was perfect and i think he still would be.

>>81728851
whats all that about?
>>
File: Poster_-_Spider-Man_TASM2.jpg (480 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
Poster_-_Spider-Man_TASM2.jpg
480 KB, 1382x2048
>>81723390
I liked some stuff from ASM, mainly the fights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXRztrU3AEU
Electro looked amazing shame his character was really bad.

I have to say the suit is probably the best spidey suit I've seen.

Garfield was superb as Spider-Man and he WAS a good Peter Parker, I feel like the writing just didn't help him with the whole skater thing and some other details. Also some people seem to forget that while Peter was a nerd he stopped being a scared retard as soon as he became spider-man, hell most of the chapters ended with Flash doing something to him and Peter saying something like
>If I could show him who I am!
Enraged, he's was never a pussy and he's not THAT much of a good guy.

Emma was amazing, she made me fall in love with Gwen Stacy all over again. I don't think people have any problems with her.

Now I really hated the whole
>muh parents
Thing, it was just boring and not an aspect I enjoyed whatsoever.

>>81730361
> I really want J. K. Simmons back as JJJ
Everyone that has read a comic does, the guy was PERFECT for the job.
>>
>>81730927
He really was a pretty good Parker. Just wish they did more with that. AMS problem was them not really knowing what to do with it. 1 was a bit more straight forward but you could see them not having a good idea on what their movie should be about. And 2 just took that to a degree that is just baffling.

AMS was just a rush project with nothing completely planned out. I really am shocked 1 was as good as it was but I feel it was mostly the actors just being really fucking good than the script.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.