[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody explain to me in a few sentences what the fuck is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Can somebody explain to me in a few sentences what the fuck is going on with the DC universe? Because I haven't read anything after Convergence, and I'm still trying to get the whole Morrison Multiversity thing.

Apparently after Convergence all Crise's have been established as canon, and all versions of all characters in ALL of the multiverses exist, including pre-flashpoint versions.

What the fuck is going on? Like what version is the current Superman? Pre-flashpoint or post-Flashpoint?
>>
DC sucks
>>
>>81715048
both
>>
>>81715134

So is the new-52 Superman overhauled?

I really don't understand.
>>
>>81715048
>and I'm still trying to get the whole Morrison Multiversity thing.

Multiversity basically set up on a higher symbolic level what Convergence established, the fact that the DCU really IS infinite, with an infinite number of Multiverses other than the one that has the 52 worlds that we're used to.
>>
>>81715290
no, where did you get New 52 Superman being overhauled? They're both on the same earth. What's hard to understand? This isn't even the first fucking time there's been two Supermen in one earth. KC Superman squatted around Pre-Flashpoint/Post Crisis Earth during John's run on the JSA
>>
>>81715290
No.
The nu52 Superman and the Post-Crisis Superman who is married to Lois now exist at the same time.
In addition to being able to tell both sorts of stories, this also provides a good reason (as far as that goes in comics) for Superman to be Clark Kent after his younger nu52 counterpart was outed as Clark Kent; people are now seeing Kent and Superman in two different places at the same time.
>>
File: image.jpg (284 KB, 1209x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284 KB, 1209x1920
>>81715375
KC Superman did some fun stuff too, like punching lightning.
>>
>>81715318

Yeah I understand that, but it seems really strange to me how the brought over things like pre-crisis earth 2. Then you have things like Prime-earth and Earth-one existing in the same reality.

This shit confuses me to no end. For example, where is new-earth Wally West?

DC YOU HACKS WTF HAVE YOU DONE??
>>
>>81715773
>For example, where is new-earth Wally West?
Presumably back on New-Earth, since the infinite multiverse was restored.

Although it looks like he may show up in Rebirth.

I've never understood what's so difficult to understand about having a ton of alternate universes.
>>
>>81715048
No one knows, including DC themselves.
>>
>>81715939

The confusing aspect is that DC decided they wanted to keep the old continuity.

For some reason earth prime and earth one in one universe. This is basically back-pedaling on the whole new-52 reboot.

How do you establish continuity with this mess?
>>
>>81716177
I don't follow.

They're two different Earths.
>>
>>81716177
>How do you establish continuity with this mess?
Why not just ignore it and enjoy whatever decent comics come out?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.