[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is Red Death the same power level as these asshats Also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8
File: venture_wes.png (259 KB, 630x355) Image search: [Google]
venture_wes.png
259 KB, 630x355
How is Red Death the same power level as these asshats

Also jesus fuck the season just...ended, is this the fate of all VB now? A short bunch of eps.in a season with no conclusion and then nothing for years.

Why?
>>
>>81712858
I assume because he only goes out once a year/isn't super active. Which doesn't make sense, because he doesn't have a lair or henchmen so he should be a four just like the monarch currently is.
>>
>>81712986
I presume at his peak he was like, a 12. someone whose level is rarely seen in any given generation
>>
>>81712986
The levels are based on threat level not the amount of stuff they have. Red Death has the power to wipe out an army of super soldiers. Obviously he's a level 10.
>>
>>81713134
>When you realize Brock Samson is likely 10
>>
>>81712858
>How is Red Death the same power level as these asshats

I wouldn't call it power level, but rather they had the same rank. Red Death could probably slaughter them all. But even still, The Doom Factory was pretty good. Nice to see that long thought dead celebrities are active super-villains

>Also jesus fuck the season just...ended, is this the fate of all VB now? A short bunch of eps.in a season with no conclusion and then nothing for years.

Shorter seasons? Yes. Churning out 13 + episodes per season on the extremely limited fucking resources and funds CN/[AS] gives was too problematic for them. So they're consolidating them into shorter seasons now. They're still just learning how to fit the shit they need/want into the new format. Hopefully season 7 will be where they get it right. Though that's not to say that seasons 5 and 6 weren't bad. They've been some of the best shit Doc and Jackson have ever made.

It'll still take them 2 years per season though because CN/[AS] refuses to give them more help. Why do you think we lost ATHF and Metalocalypse?
>>
>>81712986
Remember he's 80 years old and only arches once a year.
Even so when he does Arch he's well known to leave a body count in the double to triple digits every time.

That alone means he really has no need for henchmen or a lair.

Nevermind the fact everyone in the OSI and Guild all fawned over him he's such a legendary villain.
>>
>>81712858
Guild regulation bullshit. Some of them are riding Wide Wale's coattails, others just pay their dues and they get the full benefits. Not to mention New York is its own distinct clique of supervillainy; snobbish, rich, connected, holding itself apart from the rest of the community. Lex Warhol had a floating swamp base and a dozen subordinates who were full villains in their own right, Red Death has been in the business for decades and is rated a 10 on pure ability despite working alone and having no fancy headquarters of legion of henchmen.
>>
>>81712858
entertainment is dying. right now you have to work really hard to acquire quality.. you have to make some sacrifices
VB gives us half a season
xenoblade X gives us half a story
whattayougonnado? at least the quality is there.
>>
>>81712858
I'd assume if they stopped being avant garde for a few minutes they'd be an actual threat. They had a big crew with a lot of mixed bag powers, even though they'd fill themselves up with drugs and pretentiousness. Kinda unpredictable like that too.
Shit, Harangutan was just some huge lookin' dude, but he took blows from Brock without flinching much.
>>
File: Prints.jpg (560 KB, 2096x1266) Image search: [Google]
Prints.jpg
560 KB, 2096x1266
>>81712858
... M-Mister X?
>>
A better question is, how was Haranguetan a level 10?

Red Death is a goddamn legend, Wide Wale controls a large chunk of Manhattan with henchmen who are former special forces, the Doom Factory are a clique of accomplished thieves, and Think Tank is a super genius who was able to solo Brock Samson. But Haranguetan? Dude put up as much of a fight as Turnbuckle.
>>
>>81713392
Red Death really makes you think about villains who exist solely for Vendetta. If they finally manage to kill the Hero would they just mellow out? If Black Manta killed Aquaman could he live a normal life? Would crime in Gotham still as high if villians couldn't have dick measuring contests over who can kill Batman?
>>
>>81714024
More of a Super Friends Lex Luthor spoof.
>>
The level are completely arbitrary and made up for this season.
>>
File: 00hptvjod1qzooxpo1_500.jpg (111 KB, 500x506) Image search: [Google]
00hptvjod1qzooxpo1_500.jpg
111 KB, 500x506
>>81714024

Partially.
>>
File: 02212012_EDU_1998.1.709_Large.gif (170 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
02212012_EDU_1998.1.709_Large.gif
170 KB, 600x600
>>81714582
>>81714024

>You niggers not knowing who Wes actually is.

Really?
>>
>>81714292
He wasn't a level 10. The Monarch/blue morpho worked his way up Wide Whale list. He had a Tank so that's something. He also might've gotten his rank along with his wife seeing how she is still working after a car accident, she might have been higher than him.
>>
>>81713178
Didn't the OSI specifically assign him back with Venture because he was a high enough target for level 10 Villians? So literally, yes, Brock is the equivalent of a 10.
>>
>>81714556
>Would crime in Gotham still as high if villians couldn't have dick measuring contests over who can kill Batman?

Didn't he become Batman *because* crime was so high?

See, I doubt it, because, for most comic villains, their aims aren't tied to the hero. The hero is merely an obstacle keeping them from doing whatever nefarious deed they want to do.

Even Monarch, despite how huge his obsession is, has been extremely prone to not following through on it. In Tag Sale he didn't even feel like taking a piss on Venture's lab. And at the end of Season Five, he actually has Venture at his fingers for torture, and all of them are lame, leading to him simply letting Venture go.

I think what's going to happen with Monarch is that he's destined to be the Joker to Venture's Batman: he doesn't want to kill him per se, he just revels in the chase.
>>
>>81712858
They paid their dues, they weren't level 10s they just paid a level 10 to arch a level 10, because they were under that guild family plan thing
>>
File: Lex.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Lex.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>>81714711
>Super Friends introduction
Purple jacket with popped collar
>Hall of Doom spoof rising from the murky water

Because definitely he can't be a parody of both.
>>
>>81714711
Lex Luthor and Andy Warhols love child.. Applesauce
>>
i'm actually fine with VB's current output, though that's because the quality has been amazing. I'm thinking we're going to get 2 seasons and a special or two before it all ends, and that leaves us with 8 seasons of consistent, quality, tightly plotted television.

And that's what i'm here for.
>>
I really did not like this season. It started out promising, but then became repetitious. And most of the great characters didn't show up! There was no Dr. Orpheus!!!
>>
>>81715103
>Lex Luthor and Andy Warhols love child..

More like Warhol emulating Luthor. I mean come the fuck on. Buddy Holly and The Big Bopper are still alive.
>>
>>81714959
But when they compiled that list they said Wide Wale leased arching rights for Venture to other level 10's.
>>
>>81715390
>>81715103
>>81714711
The entire joke was the Warhol Superstars as the Legion of Doom.

They were all mashups
>>
>>81712858
It ended because the special from last year counted towards their total episode count for this season.

All this and Gargantua 2 feels more like a finale for season 5 than an opener for season 6.
>>
>>81715119
>Dr. Orpheus
That guy definitely needs his own special, or even a short spin off. His character really doesn't need to be shoehorn in NY. During the last seasons with him they really tone down his powers. He use to boast about bringing back the dead, traveled to purgatory, and now he told Gary he is not really a necromancer and the Outrider beat him to hell. The only thing that suck is Trainna won't come back.
>>
>>81712858

Red Death despite being death incarnate is essentially part time.

They said it outright. He arch's like ONCE a year, wrecks everyone's shit and then spends the rest of the year being with his family.
>>
I think Red Death is kind of like grandfathered in. they're not going to put him at a level 4 because the guy's practically a living legend. So he'll just be put into level 10 and allowed to do his thing once a year, get his guild benefits. Besides, what are they gonna do kill him?
>>
>>81715880
>Besides, what are they gonna do kill him?

Whatever powers at be have mercey for the people who would cross Red Death. I mean TRULY cross him.
>>
>>81715880
Why would he be level 4? They explained how the level thing works in one of the episodes.
>>
>>81714556
Considering Manta started a humble fish market when he found out Aquaman died i'd say so.
>>
The Monarch says that part of your rank is determined by resources. The Monarch was pretty fucking incompetent and he was still a Level 9 or something purely because he had the money to buy henchmen and a lair. When he lost the lair, and the henchmen, he dropped down to... what, a 3?
>>
>>81715789

>All this and Gargantua 2 feels more like a finale for season 5 than an opener for season 6.

couldn't agree more, also S06 didn't have a proper finale and I would love if they did a ATAG2 style 1 hour episode to wrap up the season
>>
>>81715789
because it was intended as the s5 finale but they ran out of episodes in their production season because of the Halloween episode and the hour-long season premiere.
>>
>>81715880
Does Red Death have a normal job? Unless the Guild pays him a ridiculous amount for checking in once a year.
>>
>>81713178
>>81715023

Does Brock have anything special other than being strong?

There was a scene where he was with Phantom Limb in a bathroom and shook his hand.

He was surprised Phantom Limb didn't use his 'death touch' ability so I'm wondering what his plan was in case Phantom Limb tried it.
>>
>>81715828
Well the show is about failure after all
>>
File: BTASTrial.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
BTASTrial.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>81714556
>Would crime in Gotham still as high if villians couldn't have dick measuring contests over who can kill Batman?
Most Batman villains would still be villains independent of Batman.
>>
>>81719181
His wife might literally be a supermodel and it's not like he just lucked into all that tech shit so he probably has/had some times to that world that let him get cash.
>>81719354
Balls. Brock has balls.
>>
Hammer and Co are a group of villains and are active.

Red Death is probably the most powerful character in the show. That isn't Investors or Killinger.
>>
>>81719485
Except for Riddler,Joker and Harley.
>>
>>81719354
Swedish Murder Machine

Brock is peak human with supreme fighting skills and no fear.
>>
>>81720060
Joker was still a gangster before the trip to Ace Chemical Co's vats.
>>
>>81715030
Yeah, but for villains who exist solely for vendettas like he said, they would probably mellow out. There just aren't many villains like that.
>>
File: father-jonas-21.png (731 KB, 1090x586) Image search: [Google]
father-jonas-21.png
731 KB, 1090x586
>>81719985
Could Jonas Venture and Team Venture in their prime capable of handling Red Death?
>>
>>81713255
>Churning out 13 + episodes per season on the extremely limited fucking resources and funds CN/[AS] gives was too problematic for them
It has never been about money.

Doc and Jackson are just slow as fuck. They've admitted this; it's to avoid burnout. Even [as] has chided them in bumps about it.
>>
Umm... Hmm... Yeah...
>>
>>81720101
In BTAS, yeah but other times it's ambigous and even then in The Man Who Killed Batman Joker lost most of his drive when Batman 'died'
>>
>>81720145
Jonas would have to science some shit out.

Meanwhile the rest of his team are at Red Death's mercy.

Jonas is a huge dick too. So he'll find some way to really screw with Red Death, or he'll just find someone else for RD to kill instead.
>>
>>81720145
not without a lot of casualties. I imagine Jonas and maybe Col. Gentleman would make it out but everyone else would probably die during the fight.
>>
>>81720255
I always imagined Action Man and Colonel Gentleman were like a Shoreleave and Brock. I'd like to imagine they're able to fuck with RD long enough for Jonas to super science the shit out of him.
>>
>>81721755
true but I think the Action Man is a little to crazy and gung ho to last long. I feel like he'd go crazy and be the first to die.
>>
>>81721836
Pretty sure the fish or the boxer would be the first to die. Action Man may be crazy but he's a murder machine. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd pop a cap in RD's daughter as a solution considering he murdered a baby to 'save' Colonel Gentleman.
>>
>>81721950
It was a werewolf.
>>
>>81721950
we've only seen Rodney kill a few henchmen when shooting his guns wildly, I hardly consider that being a Murder Machine. point is I don't think Action Man is Level 10 Dangerous. Team Venture as a whole maybe but individually I don't think any of them are, least of all The Action Man.
>>
>>81722048
Sure bhabee killah
>>
>>81721950
>>81722048
>>81722097
What episode was that joke in?
>>
>>81722554
the last one of this season.
>>
I just want more GLORIOUS director commentaries, if they quit making Venture Bros I'd love to hear them just do a podcast
>>
>>81719444
Stop.
>>
>>81722048
>>81722097
>>81722554
>>81722586

Am I the only one who got the feeling Jackson was enjoying himself entirely too much when he recorded that? OR was it just really good acting?
>>
>>81723439
Honestly I wish we got more Gentleman and Action Man.
>>
>>81720207

No he didn't. He was let down Batman wouldn't be around to provide fun anymore, but as soon as he had "killed" Sid the Squid Joker perked right back up and was back to old tricks. If Batman really had been dead, Joker would have kept at it regardless.
>>
>>81712858
>no Lou Reed parody
Talk about dropping the ball
>>
>>81723481

I think we got as much as we needed. If these things were around all the time, they'd loose value. that's why we practically had minimal amounts of Brock in season 4. And now we got him back full-time!

ABrockalypse WOW!
>>
>>81719181
He probably just steals shit
because he's a villain
>>
>>81720145
Kano is brock level isn't he?
He was doing alright against Red Death even if it was half acting
>>
>>81723875
Old man Kano was able to put up a fight against Brock so I imagine in his prime he'd be close to his level. The Gentleman has also gotten away with threatening Brock.

So Kano and Gentleman should be able to man handle Red Death if we're using Brock as the standard.
>>
>>81723836
I imagine he'd take who ever he's murdered possessions to make ends meet.
>>
>>81723836
It is something incredibly mundane. He probably works in insurance or is an accountant.
>>
>>81720207
Pretty sure he was sad that he wasn't the one to do it the way he wanted to. BTAS Joker absolutely hated Batman and did try to kill him various times.
>>
>>81713178
>I can dodge it
>>
>>81724279
Didn't he get his ass kicked by Think Tank and had to have his girlfriend handle him?
>>
>>81724066
He's 80. Fucker is retired as fuck.
>>
File: KillerCrocBatmanTAS.jpg (9 KB, 220x164) Image search: [Google]
KillerCrocBatmanTAS.jpg
9 KB, 220x164
>>81719485
Grey Croc is best Croc
>>
>>81725891
married to a supermodel and has a loli daughter.

probably has slowed aging as part of his power set.
>>
10 is the top of the scale but there are a lot of lame 10s. If the scale kept going up, Red Death and Captain Sunshine would be 20s and Killinger would be 100.
>>
>>81723971
Brock tore through all four of them at once in Past Tense. Maybe when they were in their prime, though.
>>
>>81726550

Brock's been seriously de-powered since the early seasons though. He used to be a 1 man wrecking crew powered by rage and cigarettes, now...Not so much.
>>
>>81726623
He goes up against much tougher guts now.
>>
>>81726718
Guys, not guts. Those too, though.
>>
>>81726623
Nah, they said any question regarding Brock vs is always Brock.
>>
All the people talking about quality, I have one gribe (two actually).

Int the first episode, where Dean gets the Nano bots, and he lifts Brock up into the air, Brock LITERALLY clips through the ceiling. Like a video game, he clips.

Im pretty sure I caught another clipping situation in another episode of last season, but I cant remember which.

Im not complaining, but it really fucking surprised me how sloppy it was.
>>
>>81712986
The Venture Bros team is Red Death. They only do anything in a Blue Moon but when they do they suck up ALL the news everywhere.
>>
>>81712858
I really liked the hipster Legion of Doom though, you're just not sophisticated enough for Avante Garde arching. Also in his defense Rusty seemed a lot more pissed off about the shit Wes did than anything that the other guys managed.
>>
>>81726903
Can someone screen grab this, Im at work?
>>
>>81726774
Monstroso vs Brock?
For Molotovs heart
>>
>>81726550
Well Brock in a rage is damn near unstoppable and the four of them weren't expecting him.
>>
>>81713637
That right there is it, they are a ten off leveraged resources. Red Death is ten off pure ability and a flying horse.
>>
>>81712986
He probably only goes out once a year to renew his membership. It's basically a formality. He doesn't even have to do it, everyone respects him so much, but he insists on following the same rules as everyone else.
>>
>>81719354
That's the joke with brock, in a world of supervillians and superheroes the biggest badass is a ripped guy with a bowie knife
>>
>>81717459
Monarch was a 6 with the cocoon and more than 100 henchmen.

Just himself and 21 is a 3--- 4 if Dr. Wife is being kind. She says so in one of the episodes.
>>
>>81727013
He could've killed him, but instead he destroyed him.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.