[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You've just been handed control of adult swim. Mike Lazzo's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (432 KB, 2595x1622) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
432 KB, 2595x1622
You've just been handed control of adult swim. Mike Lazzo's gone, and you have full total control of everything at adult swim, and there are only two rules:
1. You must air 4 hours of Fox shows inbetween 8PM and 6AM
2. You don't have control over Toonami and anime stays on Saturdays
How do you save [adult swim] /co/?
>>
Merchandise and market the fuck out of Rick and Morty since it's the first large scale success that is original to them.

Once Rick and Morty becomes the hottest thing since sliced bread start to market and merchandise Adventure Bros.

Turn the one a month horror ARG compilations they do like "Infomercial About Bears" and "The House has People In it" into a full on live action horror shorts series.

Make more partnerships with Valve and Telltale. Ask Valve to make TF2 shorts instead of a full on tv show to air and advertise on their channel. Work with Telltale to make a Venture Bros. point and click game.

Make Korgarth the Barbarian a full show.
>>
Fire Tim and Eric, and take the Children's Hospital guy's dick out of my mouth.
>>
First thing I'd do is cancel Mr Pickles and Robot Chicken. Then about half of all the live action shit. I'd contact Brendon Small and fund season 5 of Metalocalypse the way Small wanted to do it. Then I'd contact Dino Stampopolus and give him the opportunity make a sequel series to Moral Orel titled Moralton, focusing on the lost ideas of seasons 4&5 of Moral Orel. I'd contact Dave Willis and Matt Malliero and get into talks with Turner about funding Death Fighter. I'd have one hour of Bob's Burgers and one hour of Family Guy as the first and last two hours of the block. I'd try to up Venture Bros' popularity and attempt to make it adult swim's flagship show, by having it air every night as a lead in for Rick and Morty reruns and new episodes. I'd use all the spare airtime to show adult swim shows past and present, utilizing 15 years of quality programming. I would start funding creative animated shows, and contact Adam Reed and FX to pick up Cassius and Clay. I would round out these decisions by making the block more adult swim. Currently the network's fine in the bumps department, but I'd do shit like bring back Classic Friday's, good April Fools day jokes, and have a marathon of random shows on most holidays.
>>
>>81710770

>Merchandise and market the fuck out of Rick and Morty since it's the first large scale success that is original to them.

Actually, why the fuck haven't they done this? People would probably pay top dollar just for an official plumbus.
>>
>All the live action shows immediately canceled.
>Dump Cleveland Show
>Put Family Guy and American Dad on the same hour
>Have an hour of showing old Adult Swim toons on a rotation(Sealab, Space Ghost, Harvey Birdman)
>Get in touch with Hannah Barbara and Warner Brothers and see if we can get some new shit.
>Metalocalypse final season
>Funnel money into Rick and Morty and Venture Brothers to get their seasons out faster(and longer hopefully)
>Bring back some Toonami elements to fill in the gaps(Cowboy Bebop, Space Dandy, whatever)

And this is why I'm not a TV exec.
>>
>>81710770
I don't think Korgoth needed to be a real show. It seemed like the only joke they had was "this guy's violent", which in a best case scenario would work out for one season, then get old like Superjail! or worst case would end up as a second Mr Pickles.
>>
>>81710995
Coulda worked as a mini-series. One season of barbarian doing barbarian things.
>>
>cancel everything.
>renew xavier renegade angel for a 100 episode 3rd season
>in-between new xavier episode just play 12 oz mouse on repeat
>>
>>81710918
Oh and I'd release the last 3 seasons of Aquas on DVD and reopen the adult swim shop.
>>
>>81710770
/thread
>>
>>81710521
New episodes of Squidbillies & Metalocalypse, every show that's already got more eps coming in (R&M, V Bros., etc.) keep going as planned. Save two slots for short lived series/pilots (Clerks, drinky crow, Xavier, you get it already). Cancel Mr. pickles and Children's Hospital and any other live action shows EXCEPT for an occasional T&E special and early morning Fishcenter recaps. Air all fox shows late so every good show is out of the way and people can sleep after American Dad is over and let the rest of the MacFarlane shit run and the schedule resets.
>>
Oh, and more British imports.

Look Around You and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace were brilliant.
>>
Um, I'm just going to schedule weeknights and we'll assume Sunday is for premieres/new episodes and live action and shit.

>8:00 - King of the Hill
>8:30 - King of the Hill
>9:00 - Home Movies/Mission Hill/The Oblongs
>9:30 - Bob's Burgers
>10:00 - The Venture Bros./The Boondocks/Rick and Morty
>10:30 - American Dad
>11:00 - Family Guy
>11:30 - Robot Chicken
>11:45 - Aqua Teen
>12:00 - Metalocalypse/Superjail
>12:15 - Squidbillies
>12:30 - Moral Orel/Lucy/Frankenhole/other 15 minute shows
>12:45 - Xavier: Renegade Angel/Oz Mo
>1:00 - Space Ghost/Brak Show
>1:15 - Sealab/Harvey Birman
>1:30 - Tom Goes To The Mayor/other T&E stuff
>1:45 - Random live action shows, doesn't really matter
>2:00 - Baby Blues/Stroker and Hoop/The PJs/other acquired shows
>2:30 - Family Guy (repeat)
>3:00 - American Dad (repeat)
>3:30 - Robot Chicken (repeat)
>3:45 - Aqua Teen (repeat)
>4:00 - Fishcenter/Off the Air/specials/random pilots
>4:15 - Informercials/more specials/random pilots
>4:30 - King of the Hill (repeat)
>5:00 - Home Movies/Mission Hill/The Oblongs (repeat)
>5:30 - King of the Hill (repeat)
>>
>>81710521
only things for sure, 1 hour of the Fox shows would be KOTH, second hour would be 1 episode of Family Guy, 1 episode of American Dad, third hour would be 1 episode of Bob's Burgers, and 1 of Cleveland Show(these three hours would be the 8 to 10:59 slots, 11 onwards would be for AS original content), 4th hour would be a repeat of the KOTH hour at 5 in the morning

other than that well I'd have to know what I've got to work with that's still going at AS, haven't watched the block in months due to not getting the channel anymore(had to watch the current VB season through other means)
>>
File: 1460173878429.png (238 KB, 545x410) Image search: [Google]
1460173878429.png
238 KB, 545x410
>>81710521
>tfw Adult Swim and Burger King will never do another "Make your own Adult Swim schedule" contest ever again
>>
Bring back SuperJail for a fifth and sixth season, cancel Mr. Pickles, star airing re-runs of Futurama again, renew Metalocalypse, star airing Season 1 and 2 episodes of King of the Hill (apparently Adult Swim doesn't air episodes from the first two seasons for some reason), and that's all I got
>>
>>81711392
This is the best one because it's realistic as fuck and I can see it happening
>>
>>81711479
honestly i'd take out cleavland show for another american daad
>>
>>81711949

So would everyone else.
>>
>>81711392
>>81711893

nope. a solid 95% of the shows on that list are either cancelled, finished, or reruns from other networks (fox shows). Networks need original content in order to survive, not a schedule comprised of reruns from your favorite decade old show.
>>
>>81710521
Why wouldnt I have control of toonami, its under as control
>>
>>81712055
Except AS has always had a ton of reruns of cancelled/completed series in their lineup. It's just that nowadays its usually a FOX show rather than an original.
>>
The only thing I know that I'd want to do it put Baccano! in the anime lineup.

I literally haven't watched AS in years, but that would definitely make me watch it. Even if it was for the 10th time.
>>
>1.
No more Family Guy and Cleveland Show. American Dad can stay, but only for popular ties sake
>2.
Bring back the old. Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Harvey Birdman, all that shit. They'll take the place of Family Guy and Cleveland Show and will most likely be shown in rotation depending on what day it is
>3.
Get rid of the Duplicates after 12
>4.
Bring in the fucking weird. No rules, no restrictions. You wanna show some experimental shit? Go crazy. You wanna see nothing but shitty Gundam for 3 hours? Hey, nobody's stopping you. This is the point where ratings are at their lowest. So it makes sense to try and fill the void with something entertaining that you can't find anywhere else at any other time
>5.
The viewer rules the channel. Every week, you can vote for what you want to see run on the channel
>6.
Get back the rights to older cheaper shows. This is what I used to love about the channel. There was always some weird canceled fox animated sitcom in between shows like Clerks TAS. I want to bring that back just because it's so surreal watching it the first time around
>>
>>81710521
> Paying for cable
> $50+ a month
> $600 a year
> all to have 4 hours a night of fox programs on a different network
> and CN's crappy day program loaded to the brim of whatever they are shilling at the moment while only putting AT On for 1 hour a week 1 night a week

Yeah, fuck cable.
>>
>>81712574
I'd totally subscribe to AS as a standalone service if they offered up their entire catalog of shows in the vault/had a stream that rotated through all of these complete with bumps old and new and interactive shit (like they used to do).

I know they currently do some streams online, but it's really more supplemental stuff (which is sad, because it's generally a lot more interesting/entertaining than watching the block itself)
>>
>>81711949
>>81711981
I'll admit I actually like Cleveland show to a certain extent, hell I'd rather drop Family Guy from the schedule, but that would be ratings suicide
>>
CANCEL ROBOT CHICKEN

Holy shit, it's so bad. It's an absolute disgrace that it has outlasted ATHF.
>>
>>81710918
I don't think that Moral Orel has the clout to return to the airwaves. Not everything can be an Arrested Development tier (new format, mostly same staff, high dedication to the show) restart and I'm pessimistic that the return of M.O. would be able to bring in the numbers, particularly if its airing on TV.

I think bringing back Dino Starmetropolis would be a good choice, but the project would be what he wants it to be. If thats More Moral Orel then so be it, if thats something new I would be happy with that too.
>>
mike hasn't ever done anything wrong, just a bunch of shithead pandering retards that want everything custom made for them and their extremely specific needs, get fucked fags.
>>
>>81713189
go to bed mike you dumb faggot.
>>
>>81711589
That's because the girl who won made it suck for the night with all of the attention-whoring bumps she made. Apparently someone from Turner watched that night and called the AS offices in a huff because they were unaware of the contest and wanted to know why no one was doing quality control.
>>
>>81713122
Anyone who wants Dino to get a new series hasn't seen High School USA.
>>
>>81713421
it wasn't that bad the girls were pretty hot
>>
Offer streaming for all shows in the vault, if not via netflix, than via something lightweight and minimal. People can pay 4.99 a season to download a show in a variety of high quality video formats, the marketing being 'hey, don't pirate from some weird swedish douche, get the stuff from us for cheap, and share it with your dumbass friends'.

Air more music videos, and in general air more music, especially left-field stuff and college radio shit that's popular with the kids, stuff like Death Grips, Mac Demarco, Milo, AnCo, as well as stoner rock and psychedelic revival shit.

Regrettably keep the Family Guy roster, but instead of those commercial bumpers that play within a show, you just get various Adult Swim stars, like Rick and Morty, Tim and Eric, Korgoth, whoever and whatever we have the rights to, staring at the viewer in disappointment and vague worry.

Midnight/Asscrack-of-dawn slots are for experimental shit. 3:30 AM - 4:00 AM is used to air 30 minutes of whatever horseshit we want, whether it's a recording of the AS offices, weird-ass youtube channels, a giant picture of an eye set to Stravinsky, who gives a shit. This is the time to freak out the Mushroom-heads and stoners who should be going to sleep.

More ARGs.

More weirdo anime. I wanna see Cat Soup, Perfect Blue, and Paprika, dammit!

Cheesy 60's cartoons, especially capeshit, related to whatever capeshit movie is being released.

R&M Merch. Venture Bros. Collectors figures.

Valve shorts. Bring back Portal (the show) and focus on aspects of gaymen culture that are actually interesting as part of a miniseries.

I'm a madman, aren't I?
>>
File: how does this happen.jpg (36 KB, 356x348) Image search: [Google]
how does this happen.jpg
36 KB, 356x348
>>81710521
we really are a hivemind
>>
>>81710521
Drop the 8pm hour. It's a waste on Adult Swim and affects CN greatly. Hell, even starting at 8:30pm would be better.
Make the Mon-Thurs schedule this:
>9:00 KOTH
>9:30 Bob's
>10:00 American Dad
>10:30 Family Guy
>11:00 Family Guy (normal B&W bumpers start here)
>11:30 Double Robot Chicken/Venture Bros., swaps out from time to time.
>12:00 Aqua Teen
>12:15 Squidbillies
>12:30 Robot Chicken (if it's not at 11:30), Mike Tyson Mysteries if it is
>12:45 Superjail
>1:00 Metalocalypse (including half hour eps)
>1:15 Moral Orel (when Metalocalypse is 11 minutes long)
>1:30 Bob's Burgers, NOT a repeat. Fucking hate repeats.
>2:00 American Dad, not a repeat
>2:30 The Cleveland Show, maybe it'll be more tolerable at this time
>3:00 Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
>3:15 Sealab 2021
>3:30 Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
>3:45 Rotating slot
>4:00 Fishcenter/Pilots/Infomercials/Off the Air, whatever they feel like for an hour
>5:00 Home Movies
>5:30 KOTH, not a repeat

>>81712715
If you're in Canada, US Adult Swim released a subscription service that has everything except Toonami, FOX stuff, Childrens Hospital, Newsreaders, Boondocks, and Mike Tyson. US at least has Hulu.
>>
Fuck lazzo tbqh
>>
>>81716668
would watch all night
>>
>>81713362
what was the schedule?
>>
>>81723785
the schedule was this:
11:00 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - Kentucky Nightmare
11:15 - Harvey Birdman - Back to the Present
11:30 - Venture Bros. - Eeney, Meeney, Miney...Magic!
12:00 - 12 oz. Mouse - Hired
12:15 - Korgoth of Barbaria - Korgoth of Barbaria
12:45 - Metalocalypse - Dethtroll
1:00 - Samurai Champloo - 1 - Tempestuous Temperaments
1:30 - Bleach - 1 - The Day I Became a Soul Reaper
2:00 - Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Bus of the Undead
2:15 - Fullmetal Alchemist - 1 - To Challenge the Sun
2:45 - Fullmetal Alchemist - 2 - Body of the Sanctioned
3:15 - Moral Orel - Lord's Greatest Gift
3:30 - Venture Bros. - Ghosts of the Sargasso
4:00 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - Explode
4:15 - Aqua Teen Hunger Force - T-Shirt of the Dead
4:30 - Eureka seveN - 1 - Blue Monday
5:00 - Fat Guy Stuck in Internet - Threshold
5:15 - Venture Bros. - Trial of the Monarch
5:45 - Space Ghost Coast to Coast - Girlie Show

Don't remember what the bumps were specifically, but it was mostly him saying random shit.
>>
>>81710521
>You don't like Brak Show?
>Fuck you, here's more Brak Show
>Didn't like it?
>We're renewing it for 10 more seasons, fuck you
>>
Wow, you guys really don't like Children's Hospital.
>>
>>81724300
it's aight
>>
>>81710521
>1.You must air 4 hours of Fox shows in-between 8PM and 6AM
Easy. Simply air a marathon of American Dad. Its an goat show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is8xn-EQKcU

Also everything these fucking anons said.
>>81714771
More weirdo anime.
>>81712545
>Bring in the fucking weird
Yes! I would make AS like old school MTV where it was a weird Art School kid's dream come true. A place where people can experiment. I would air bunch of weird experimental or simply foreign shows (Anime/British/French/Eastern European) and then of course give the audience a chance to contribute like MTV did with its Liquid Animation and Cartoon Sushi blocks, if you are a college student looking to make a break and show your stuff go ahead, literally NO ONE will be stopping you.

Also, every holiday will bring something important. Fourth of July will be nothing but mature capeshit. Halloween will feature creepy as fuck animations specially foreign ones. And on Christmas the whole month of december will movie month showcasing adult oriented cartoon films.

Oh and I would revive Mission Hill just for the hell of it.
>>
>>81723952
Still way better than what we have now.
>>
>>81723952
What was wrong with this? It seems fine to me, I also like how there no McFarlene shows. Girl's got a good taste.
>>
change the name of the channel to "the nice network". cancel every show that isn't being played on this schedule. hire mike judge and let him make more seasons of whatever he wants

schedule:

>8:00 - King of the Hill
>8:30 - King of the Hill
>9:00 - King of the Hill
>9:30 - King of the Hill
>10:00 - King of the Hill
>10:30 - King of the Hill
>11:00 - King of the Hill
>11:30 - King of the Hill
>12:00 - King of the Hill
>12:30 - King of the Hill
>1:00 - King of the Hill
>1:30 - King of the Hill
>2:00 - King of the Hill
>2:30 - King of the Hill
>3:00 - King of the Hill
>3:30 - King of the Hill
>4:00 - King of the Hill
>4:30 - King of the Hill
>5:00 - King of the Hill
>5:30 - King of the Hill (repeat)
>>
>>81713362
Which one was it? I think they did one in 2006 and in 2008?
>>
>>81724300
Yeah, it's garbage
>>
>>81728099
2008 they didn't let them do bumps because of what happened previously

>>81727297
It was the fact that it was a random ass schedule PLUS the guy had completely moronic bumps attached and a Turner exec got wind and thought it was devaluing the brand or some shit
>>
>A four hour marathon of Futurama called Futurama-rama every sunday
>Give Carl his own show where he talks about assorted things (not just sport)
>Force Dave and Matt, Tim and Eric and PFFFR to make new cartoons (yes, give Tim and Eric a cartoon)
>>
>>81727376
I don't dislike this.
>>
>get rid of everything.
>comply with the rules, but change all FOX show schedules to involve selected episodes that have to do with squirrels. I can't change anything with Toonami or anime, so I'll leave those alone.
>fill all programming and content with an endlessly repeating cartoon from the Tex Avery library called "Happy-Go-Nutty".
>all bumpers on adult swim have to do with squirrels.
Happy-Go-Nutty
>>
>>81728960
oh yeah, schedule:
>8:00 - Screwball Squirrel "Happy-Go-Nutty" (repeats)
>8:30 - Screwball Squirrel "Happy-Go-Nutty" (repeats)
>9:00 - Cleveland Show episode that involves squirrels
>9:30 - Cleveland Show episode that involves squirrels
>10:00 - American Dad episode that involves squirrels
>10:30 - American Dad episode that involves squirrels
>11:00 - Family Guy episode that involves squirrels
>11:30 - Family Guy episode that involves squirrels
>12:00 - Family Guy episode that involves squirrels (repeat)
>12:30 - Family Guy episode that involves squirrels (repeat)
>1:00 - Screwball Squirrel "Happy-Go-Nutty" (repeats)
>1:30 - Screwball Squirrel "Happy-Go-Nutty" (repeats)
>2:00 - Screwball Squirrel "Happy-Go-Nutty" (repeats)
>2:30 - Screwball Squirrel "Happy-Go-Nutty" (repeats)
>3:00 - Screwball Squirrel "Happy-Go-Nutty" (repeats)
>3:30 - Screwball Squirrel "Happy-Go-Nutty" (repeats)
>4:00 - Screwball Squirrel "Happy-Go-Nutty" (repeats)
>4:30 - Screwball Squirrel "Happy-Go-Nutty" (repeats)
>5:00 - Screwball Squirrel "Happy-Go-Nutty" (repeats)
>5:30 - Screwball Squirrel "Happy-Go-Nutty" (repeats)
>>
Finally get Marc M. of Sick Animation the show he's always deserved.
>>
I run a non-stop marathon of Assy McGee.
>>
>>81710521
Do what this guy said except for the ARG thing and Korgoth>>81710770

Oh, and I'd take off the extra hour and make AS start at 9 but only on Sunday nights would it start at 8pm
mon-thurs lineup:
9:00 KOTH x2
10:00 The Oblongs
10:30 Family Guy x2
11:30 American Dad
12:00 Robot
12:15 ATHF
12:30 Metal
12:45 Squids
1:00 Home Movies
1:30 Space Ghost
1:45 Harvey Birdman
2:00 Sealab
2:15 Moral Orel
2:30 Tim & Eric
2:45 Eric Andre
3:00 LTDOTD
3:15 Mission Hill
3:45 KOTH (REPEAT)
4:15 FAMILY GUY (REPEAT)
4:45 Xavier
If I could, I'd bring back animes weekdays but ONLY from 5-6. Have it be like Astro Boy or Inuyasha. Some filler to close out the nite. buuut you said only stays on saturdays...
5:00 Rick and Morty x2 (gotta include it in the weekly lineup somewhere)

FRIDAY NIGHT MUTHAFUCKA:
9:00 Loiter Squad
9:15 Rick and Morty
9:45 Eric Andre
10:00 Venture Bros. x2
11:00 American Dad x2
12:00 KOTH
12:30 Moral Orel
12:45 Squidbillies
1:00 Baby Blues (gonna get hate for this)
1:30 China, IL
2:00 REPEAT (9-12)
5:00 Bob's Burgers x2

SATURDAY
9:00 The Boondocks x2
10:00 Inuyasha
10:30 Bleach
11:00 Family Guy x2
12:00 keep demarco's shitty block
3:30 would be ACTN bumpers w/ anime and have some variety comedy anime on the side
3:30 Case Closed
4:00 Cowboy Bebop
4:30 Shin-Chan
then KOTH to close out nite
5:00 KOTH x2
yeah, even this is probably too unrealistic.
>>
File: 1453149627187.jpg (20 KB, 389x581) Image search: [Google]
1453149627187.jpg
20 KB, 389x581
You don't know suffering until you have watched latinamerican CN

>Go back to hue spic motherland after many years
>turn on CN, since so many good childhood memories
>Adventure Time, DBZ Kai with new shitty subs, annoying orange, MAD TV, Gumball, that dexter's lab rip-off with the talking dog and the whip sounds, Chavo del Ocho flash cartoon, some live action spics goofing off in a school
>rinse and repeat - anyday, anytime
>Adult Swim? What's that?
>>
File: 1460436921164.jpg (136 KB, 1000x1448) Image search: [Google]
1460436921164.jpg
136 KB, 1000x1448
>>81729848
No Stand Alone Complex on Saturdays? Should show that shit and the second season.
>>
give david firth a cartoon
give alan resnick a show
>>
Buy and bring back Mission Hill

Due to the popularity of the British shows airing/aired on the block (Might Boosh, Garth Merenghi, Look Around You, etc) commission a couple shows exclusively from Britain.

Give Big O the final episodes it deserves, even if its just a one-off film, as there are clearly people who like to watch it.

Slowly reduce the amount of live action shows and play reruns of early-mid 00's shows along with SGC2C
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.