[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who thought DCAU Lex Luthor was black when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: lexluthor96.jpg (72 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
lexluthor96.jpg
72 KB, 400x250
Am I the only one who thought DCAU Lex Luthor was black when I was a kid?

Like, I was so convinced to the point when I started actually reading comics I was surprised that Lex isn't actually black.
>>
>>81706331
Looks like The Rock
>>
>>81706331

He's Greek.
>>
Yeah, I thought he was black too. Didn't help that he had Clancy fucking Brown voicing him. Dude's voice was like velvet dipped in chocolate.
>>
File: shot0018.png (957 KB, 656x496) Image search: [Google]
shot0018.png
957 KB, 656x496
>>81706331

>implying a black man can run a business beyond dealing crack
>>
>>81706331
Everybody in DCAU was tanned as fuck.
>>
I thought black Luthor was standard for a while too and then Smallville came out and my dad explained it to me (he also thought DCAU Luthor was black though so we were both wrong there). This >>81706379 is correct.
>>
File: harvey-dent.jpg (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
harvey-dent.jpg
27 KB, 640x480
>>81706331
I felt the same about Harvey.
>>
>>81706410
>Didn't help that he had Clancy fucking Brown voicing him.
Clancy Brown is white.
>>
>>81706480
Something seems wrong to me about a person looking at a character with skin colored that light, and thinking they're black ANYWAY just 'cause they have lips drawn in.

Like what would you call that? "Racism" doesn't seem the right word, but it's a bizarre mentality...
>>
>>81706661
blacks have bigger lips than whites on average
>>
>>81706863
Thank you for stopping by Random-Fact-I-Already-Knew-Man, but I think you're missing the point.
>>
>>81706331
slightly black luthor is best luthor
>>
>>81706459
Not Greek, maybe Timm pictured him that way - like Savalas, the lips are too thick, to be honest, but that starts getting into racial parody, but Dini and Timm both said that his skin was, as stated by >>81706452
>tanned as fuck

because all truly rich people are tanned as fuck.
>>
>>81706494
I know he is. He still has a ridiculously deep and smooth voice. Which is surprising since he also voices Mr. Krabs.
>>
File: HarveyDent.jpg (32 KB, 528x400) Image search: [Google]
HarveyDent.jpg
32 KB, 528x400
>>81706331
I always thought the same thing too, I think a lot of people did.

>>81706480
Wait, he isn't? I figured he was because TAS was based on the Burton movies somewhat.
>>
Lex Luthor and Harvey Dent in the Timmverse are supposed to look like Southern Italians/Mediterraneans.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_race

It's the deep-set eyes and tanned skin that's supposed to give it away. Unfortunately, Timm's art style isn't detailed enough to really distinguish it from the small amount of black characters featured in the DCAU.
>>
>>81706661
"assumption by example"
>>
>>81707328
It's weird that they didn't. They insisted their version of Penguin and Catwoman look similar to Batman Returns. So much so they made Bruce Timm sit in on Danny DeVito's costume tests (they didn't want photos to leak).
>>
>>81706452
This.
And not even "white person who's had a tan" tan, but they could pass for a light skin nignog or mixed race, tan.

>>81706863
Any update on water and whether or not it's wet?
>>
>>81706331

How fucking dumb do you have to be to think that's black? Since when does olive skin tone = black?

He looks more Greek or some kind of Mediterranean more than anything else.
>>
>>81707373
>Timm's art style isn't detailed enough to really distinguish it from the small amount of black characters featured in the DCAU.

That and it's also not crazy for someone to see the differences and just think that the character designers wanted into include black people who didn't all look the same.
>>
>>81707716
Only between 1 and 99 degrees celsius. Haven't gotten around to testing pressures other than 1atm though.
>>
>>81706331
i find him incredibly attractive regardless
all the homo
>>
>>81707796
>How fucking dumb do you have to be to think that's black?
6 years old.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.