[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney are the EA of movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: Scumbag Mickey.jpg (10 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
Scumbag Mickey.jpg
10 KB, 230x219
>buy exsting properties like marvel and Star Wars only to exploit and milk the shit out of them
>Bribes reviews and award shows (oscars).
>Tries its best to destroy all competition, such as other animated studios
>treats pixar like crap, despite the fact it was them that saved them. (not unlike EAs buys)

The only difference:

The do usually make good products, despite the fact that most of them are overratted and over hyped.

People are blinded by them into thinking, they are not evil.
>>
>>81704335
I hate Disney as much as the next guy but both Star Wars and Marvel properties had been milked so much before they bought them they might aswell have bought a couple of nerdy cows.
>>
>>81704335
>>treats pixar like crap
How so?
>>
Get this DCfag out of here.
>>
>>81704335
That comma in your last sentence changes it entirely from its likely intended meaning.
>>
File: 1428516877898.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1428516877898.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>81704335
>The do usually make good products
>>
>>81704335
I can't blame then that much for the awards.
Both the ones at the Oscars and Emmy think that animated movies are just for children and they often put anime or other foreign movie just to appease the media. The reason of why shit like Minions doesn't win is because those are panned.
Now, for the reviews, don't you remember Lone Ranger, Tomorrowland, Chicken Little, Planes or Mars need Moms?
>>
>>81704335
I think the worst part is that you can't criticize Disney because they played a huge part in everyone's childhoods. I mean fuck, they are a company they don't give a damn about you personally.
>>
>>81704335
Aww, is someone mad that Zootopia is doing so well?
>>
>>81704335
Disney literally only bought Star Wars and Marvel so they could sell toys to boys. They're pretty hands-off.
>>
>>81704335
They don't have to bribe the Oscars because the judges don't care about that award anyway and don't even watch the movies. They just go for the most popular with the kids.
>>
>>81704335
>treats pixar like crap
Even though Lasseter is basically the super for both WDAS and Pixar? Fuck outta here DCunt.
>>
File: Dreamworks.jpg (70 KB, 720x350) Image search: [Google]
Dreamworks.jpg
70 KB, 720x350
>>81704335
Then that would make DreamWorks, Activision?

Sounds about right
>>
>>81704335
>>Bribes reviews and award shows (oscars).
That is libel! How bout som proof!
>>
I wish our monopoly laws actually worked.
>>
File: 084.png (102 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
084.png
102 KB, 300x256
>>81704772
>sell toys to boys
>Star Wars is now full of SJW Mary Sues
>>
>>81705799
Rey is a Mary Sue but not an SJW one. Crucial difference. Also she's the only one.
>>
>>81704335
>Disney are the EA of movies
>Ever
Not a fan of Disney, but they are actually more the Nintendo of movies.
>>
>>81704681
kek
>>
>>81704681
disney put that comma there
>>
>>81704335
>talks shit about them
>last sentence says they make you think and they are not evil
Well which is it OP
>>
>>81704633
Just look at how happy they were during brave, cars2 and the good dinosaur
>>
>>81706074
What does that have to do with Disney?

Pixar started to falter after they used up all the ideas they'd started way back when the group was formed.
>>
>>81705964
not anymore
>>
>>81705847
This.
>>
>>81704335

Okay first of all, the Oscars would have no benefit to accepting bribes from Disney or anyone for that matter. Plus, the academy board that votes is made up of 6,000 plus people. You mean to tell me that ever since animated films have been getting oscars that not ONE of them has leaked some kind of hot scoop about that? That would also include the hundreds involved in each and every one of their animated films. Considering the high rollover rate even among respected and visible animators like Bob Peterson, Brenda Chapman, Brad Bird, John Kahr (remember him, the guy that directed Paperman), I doubt that there's any solidarity that would encourage this kind of secrecy. ESPECIALLY when a Dreamworks animator only recently filed a class action lawsuit for unpaid hours of work around the same time the wage-fixing cartel between studios like Pixar, Lucasfilm, Dreamworks etc. came to light. So that also shoots your "killing the competition" accusation down, Disney is extremely comfortable with their fellow fine entertainment conglomerates.

The REAL wrongs that Disney does are filing borderline frivolous lawsuits to intimidate others, lobbying for congress to pass laws that suit their own personal, selfish needs (TPP, etc.), and, as the world's largest multimedia entertainment company, doing almost nothing to push the boundaries despite having more clout and money than anyone else.
>>
>>81706111
They were contractually obliged to make those movies .
>>
Disney is the Monsanto of cheap entertainment.
>>
>>81706409
Hi Disney representative.
>>
File: YeahManNeat.jpg (77 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
YeahManNeat.jpg
77 KB, 728x546
>>81706409
Good thing the Chinese are about to overtake Hollywood and Disney.
>>
>>81706062
not him but if you bring up disney's flaws people don't listen or care, the excuses I usually get is that "Who cares that they're doing x, they made everyone's childhood great!" even when it comes to discussing serious stuff like copyright law and the TPP.
>>
>>81704335
HOW DO WE STOP DISNEY?
>>
>>81704688
>implying they don't
I'll take their shit than a dozen Minion sequels
>>
>>81704690
>I can't blame then that much for the awards
This. It's not their fault that the members/voters don't care for the animation category
>>
>>81704335
>treats pixar like crap
Where the fuck are you getting this shit? Both companies ask each other for help/criticisms all the time
>>
>>81705847
She's a woman lead in an action franchise that has been traditionly been dominated by superior men, she's SJW as fuck
>>
>>81704335
Let the BvS butt hurt flow through you.
>>
>>81706409
This. Disney company has faults, but OP posted the wrong ones. Most of the company's faults lie on execs/legal team and wanting to earn more money.

I'm cool with their creative side/artists.
>>
>>81712972
>superior men
I think I know where this is going.
>>
>>81712972
>having a female protag is immediately sjw
Don't give the sjws too much credit, please. And don't forget about Leia. She may not have been the main lead, but she was part of the main trio. There is always a girl element for the boy audience.
>>
>>81713184
She was always a bitch who was lucky she was written by white knight faggots who find rude insulting women "hot." You know, cucks.
>>
>>81713373
Hey, I remember you.
>>
>>81704335
Implying anyone gives a fuck about animation.
>>
>>81706111
They faltered when they succumbed to sequelitis and their own egos after years of critics and audiences sucking their cocks. John Lasseter splitting duties between DAS and Pixar probably didn't help either but he has been shit since Disney acquired Pixar anyway and I'll still never forgive that fat fuck for shafting Chris Sanders and turning American Dog into Bolt.
>>
>>81704335

Disney is this factory of fun and joy. The most sterile and lifeless production of stuff that will make you smile and melt your heart.

It's weird but that's how they succeed.
>>
>>81713055
What don't tell me you actually fucking like shitt y genderswap kyle.
>>81713184
You mean the one that's practically scenery?
>>
>>81704335
>>buy exsting properties like marvel and Star Wars only to exploit and milk the shit out of them

Who gives a fuck if the end result is good?
>>
>>81714795
I was going to respond with something along the lines of "but the Force Awakens wasn't good" but I do think you have a point.

OP makes a comparison between Disney and EA but I think in the case of Star Wars we can directly compare the two. The Force Awakens may not be what I want out of Star Wars but I can't deny Disney's Star Wars kicks the shit out of EA's Star Wars any day of the week.
>>
>>81704335
>buy exsting properties like marvel and Star Wars only to exploit and milk the shit out of them
Um?
>>
>>81718489
>Disney's Star Wars kicks the shit out of EA's Star Wars
Disney's Star Wars IS EA's Star Wars.
>>
>>81714171
>John Lasseter
>George Lucas

Not a coincidence.
>>
>>81704335
>and, as the world's largest multimedia entertainment company, doing almost nothing to push the boundaries despite having more clout and money than anyone else.
This fucking boils my blood. Especially since Disney is a big part of why animation is still considered for kids in America

>>81711463
Don't buy anything Disney can get a profit from. Pirate any media they own, find out what companies they control and boycott them.
It's hard to do but people need to start to push back.
Every dollar lost by them is one less they can use.
Even though they seem too big to fail at the moment doesn't mean they'll stay that way.
>>
>>81718489
Disney is the reason why EA has star wars.
>>
>>81719582
>making an attempt to boycott disney
are you fucking kidding
>>
>>81719582
I already pirate their shit but how do we convince others? Everyone is okay with the shit they do because "muh childhood".
>>
>>81718661

The Old Republic isn't canon though

>>81719616
Still different creative teams and such
>>
File: creative sterility.jpg (47 KB, 736x551) Image search: [Google]
creative sterility.jpg
47 KB, 736x551
>>81719627
I'm managing just fine, thanks.
>>81719675
>Everyone is okay with the shit they do because "muh childhood".
One thing you can do is point out how they're just recycling their old ideas and not doing anything you loved about your childhood anymore.
And another is how they're keeping the public domain on lockdown even though the 100-year mark is quickly approaching on their earliest works

Or just let them know that Euro animated movies exist that still have interesting stories and are still in 2D
>>
>>81708401
China is one of the biggest economies in theworld, Chinese men ARE NOT still amongst the wealthiest people in the top 100.

Companies are financed by investors (Rarely by countries), and those investors happen to be usually the same people/family/lineages controlling the biggest companies/conglomerates, as long as something doesn't give profits they get rid of it, or sell it to unknown silly investors.

If you think China will control majority of company, you are delusional or moron, and actually China right now is falling into a huge deceleration, many chinese companies can't grow bigger, because there is no one else to sell, or because costs can't go lower, so chinese economy is being stopped by their own size.
>>
File: 1460085647866.jpg (29 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
1460085647866.jpg
29 KB, 384x384
>>81704335
>People are blinded by them into thinking, they are not evil.
Oh shut the fuck up. Other companies do this shit and everything else you listed all the time and you fagola supremes never bat an eye, but for some reason when Disney does it, it's suddenly the work of Satan.

All corporations are evil shitheads, you can't pick and choose which ones are or aren't.

7/10 for making me reply.
>>
>This thread again
Fuck offl
>>
>>81704945
spot on anon
spot on
>>
>>81704335
THE THUMBS ARE ON THE WRONG SIDES!
>>
>>81708427
I just read that Netflix also endorses the TPP. I guess Disney has another reason to do business with them?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.